10 Minute Onyxia
http://io.student.utwente.nl/files/10MinuteOnyxia.avi

Enjoy!
[Image: 259402pnMDg.png]
Gort,Oct 21 2005, 06:59 AM Wrote:http://io.student.utwente.nl/files/10MinuteOnyxia.avi

Enjoy!
[right][snapback]92834[/snapback][/right]

What's sad about this though...it took us longer to kill the 4 warders and buff up than it did to kill her... :blink:
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
Gort,Oct 21 2005, 09:59 AM Wrote:http://io.student.utwente.nl/files/10MinuteOnyxia.avi

Enjoy!

Nice work all!
Gort,Oct 21 2005, 08:59 AM Wrote:http://io.student.utwente.nl/files/10MinuteOnyxia.avi
Crap crap crap! (sorry, mods, for being such a potty mouth :blush: )

Great video of a great kill but, once again, I'm reminded of how much I'm missing. I had no idea that the lava cracks steam and smoke the whole time. I thought they were just glowing cracks in the ground until they erupt. I've never seen many of the casting animations. I've never seen such fluid character or monster animation. I've never been able to have full sound along with TS and enough frame rate to actually play reasonably well. :(

Now I see that I am missing in one more way as well. It is hurting my DPS having such a low end machine. You can see that my toon was in the frame for a while, actually standing in the wall. You can also see there are short periods where he is standing there looking stupid doing nothing. I would have swore that I was casting constantly, but, on my machine, the video lag must have been showing me still casting after the spell had completed. I am now feeling guilty that I am not living up to my duties as a member of these Avarice raids. I will have to try to compensate and spam my casting a little more. I had always wondered why my numbers were lower than some of our mages, even when adjusting for those crazy mages that take IAE to a Blizzard fight. ;)

Santa, my jolly red suited friend, I will be most happy with either the Sager or the Alienware... :lol: :lol:
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
Nice video, Interesting to see how the fight goes for another group. I think we have a bit more dps since our phase 2 is really really short, but sometimes the high dps causes problems in phase 3. Also, we *never* have that many people alive at the end of the fight. But a lot of our deaths are related to untimely fear resists by dps/healers during phase 3, especially from priests with unbreakable will. From seeing Onyxia's positioning during fears you clearly have less of a problem with this.
Boutros,Oct 22 2005, 10:16 AM Wrote:But a lot of our deaths are related to untimely fear resists by dps/healers during phase 3, especially from priests with unbreakable will.
[right][snapback]92898[/snapback][/right]

Yes, that's got me on every single onyxia fight post-patch, and it's very annoying. I'm not quite sure whether I'm annoyed because talents are supposed to make your character better, or whether I'm ok with one fight in the game (so far) that punishes you for it.

I think I'd feel better if there was an alternative talent to respec those 5 points into, but Silent Resolve is a complete waste of 5 points for a PvE raid-level spec.
You don't know what you're talking about.
Boutros,Oct 22 2005, 06:16 AM Wrote:I think we have a bit more dps since our phase 2 is really really short, but sometimes the high dps causes problems in phase 3. Also, we *never* have that many people alive at the end of the fight. But a lot of our deaths are related to untimely fear resists by dps/healers during phase 3, especially from priests with unbreakable will. From seeing Onyxia's positioning during fears you clearly have less of a problem with this.

We've noticed lately that her phase 2 for us typically lasts longer, both in time and in percent of her life, than it used to for us. Also, when running without fear ward (about half the time it's been), we do have more deaths. Anadrol has become very good at stance dancing, but due to the initial transition and the occassional fear when he's still on cooldown fear breaks her lose occassionally - and that's when she looks for the resists.

Since we had fear ward that time, she didn't need to start looking for the resisted fears.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Boutros,Oct 22 2005, 05:16 AM Wrote:Nice video, Interesting to see how the fight goes for another group. I think we have a bit more dps since our phase 2 is really really short, but sometimes the high dps causes problems in phase 3. Also, we *never* have that many people alive at the end of the fight. But a lot of our deaths are related to untimely fear resists by dps/healers during phase 3, especially from priests with unbreakable will. From seeing Onyxia's positioning during fears you clearly have less of a problem with this.

She's been acting odd on us lately. As you can tell in the video, she's "Flying" in her on ground stance. We've had a Phase 2 that lasted until she was at 33% before, as well.

What we've seen of Phase 3, the more DPS you have on her the less fears you see. Maybe you need to stop holding your DPS back in Phase 3 and try letting them loose? See what happens?
~Not all who wander are lost...~
/inserts obligitory fearward flamebait comment
Lissa,Oct 21 2005, 11:03 AM Wrote:What's sad about this though...it took us longer to kill the 4 warders and buff up than it did to kill her...  :blink:
[right][snapback]92840[/snapback][/right]
It also took us longer to distribute the loot than it did to kill her.
The error occurred on line -1.