Domo Submits to the Avarice Alliance!
Second try this evening we dropped him.

He dropped Ancient Leaf - went to Celethirian, Wild Growth Spaulders and Fireproof Cloak.

Screenshots forthcoming. :)
Who's your daddy?

Aw, yeah.

-Bolty

P.S. Clearly, we could only do this because of Fear Ward! :whistling:
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Tal,Oct 25 2005, 12:44 AM Wrote:Second try this evening we dropped him.

He dropped Ancient Leaf - went to Celethirian, Wild Growth Spaulders and Fireproof Cloak.

Screenshots forthcoming. :)
[right][snapback]93057[/snapback][/right]
Fantastic night! Tons of loot and wonderful companionship (especailly you Starkos!). And we dropped Domo quite handily.

Was it really the second try? Felt like the third. I guess the downtime is clouding my head. :)

Wonderful job all, we went from an extremely difficult encounter to plowing through it with everyone alive at the end.

*/kneel Arleas*
The error occurred on line -1.
It was a fun fight. I had my back to it for pretty much the whole time as I was in my little corner with Anadrol and Onan making sure that Anadrol was staying alive. Anadrol was tanking the guard that was going to get killed last. There was one exception when I checked to see if anyone had managed to stay out of combat, found out they hadn't (we only had 2 people trying), and rezzed the poor druid healer that got ported into the pit just because he was trying keep the domo tank alive. But I got him back up. Then I was back in my corner.

I saw DPS calls going out but well my back was to the raid. Onan and I kept the healing up on Anadrol but we were running low and Anadrol's health was steadily getting lower as our heals were landing less frequently. Then I see all these spells come flying in and other people start healing Anadrol and all these melee people come charging in and the guard dies! It was just a very interesting way to deal with the fight. I could have turned and watched the action but I just stayed in my corner with my tank and stuck with my rotation with the priest over there with me and the tension was getting high then boom it's done. :)
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Bolty,Oct 24 2005, 09:51 PM Wrote:P.S.  Clearly, we could only do this because of Fear Ward!  :whistling:

Don't forget that Paladins make everything easy mode! :lol:

Congrats!
Huzzah! Hope I get to see Majordomo's buddies down too, one of these weeks. :w00t:
This very much makes for my not being there for the first Sulfuron and Golemagg kill.

I :wub: j00 people!

Kateley - Gnome Mage --- 60
Collector and connoisseur of fine keys, bags, trinkets and all things mooncloth
Covet! ... Covet! ... Covet! ... Covet!
Very nice, congrats guys!
Gnollguy,Oct 25 2005, 12:12 AM Wrote:It was just a very interesting way to deal with the fight.  I could have turned and watched the action but I just stayed in my corner with my tank and stuck with my rotation with the priest over there with me and the tension was getting high then boom it's done.  :)[right][snapback]93063[/snapback][/right]
Yeah, the life of a healer.

The first attempt yesterday, Soulstealer and I were on duty keeping Skybreak vertical, and JUST as Soul was going to cast Innervate on me, Domo walks over and ports him into the pit. The timing was just so bad it was amazing.

The second attempt - I was in a corner with Soulstealer, healing Skybreak. My view of the action: pretty much non-existent. My screen consisted of Skybreak and Soulstealer, and I could only tell vaguely what was going on via TeamSpeak and my CTRA windows.

When Turquoise died, I suggested to Soulstealer that he run over and res him, but somebody else already got him first so Soul came back. Guess that was you, GG. Domo came for me once, hit me, and I faded - Soulstealer healed me back up from 207 hps to full (amazing how close it comes sometimes). We had a sweet healer rotation going thanks to Innervate and we both still had plenty of mana left when all of a sudden, Sky's Elite just *flattened*. I "looked up" to find that only Domo and one Elite was left, and the whoops of victory started coming in on TeamSpeak.

It's just so damn satisfying.

A disc/holy Priest combined with a resto-speced Druid can keep a tank alive practically indefinitely, since both builds are designed to heal for the long haul and regen mana quickly. Soulstealer and I still had 50% mana or so when the gang finally got around to killing Sky's Elite. I suggest this combo in the future for any healing of the "last" tank in rotation.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
WildFire,Oct 25 2005, 05:11 AM Wrote:This very much makes for my not being there for the first Sulfuron and Golemagg kill.

I :wub: j00 people!
[right][snapback]93079[/snapback][/right]

#$%&, the only first kill I was there for in MC was Lucifron. I've missed every single one after that....

Either way, congrats guys.
I have to say that that fight was a fun job for a paladin. My role throughout the fight was to get as close to Domo as possible to absorb teleports. I used every trick but Lay of Hands to keep myself vertical and near Domo. Right at the end I was OOM, had used a health pot, 8 bandages and 1 mana pot when I got teleported into the pit. I scrambled out, Domo submitted and I look at my hitpoints: 168. :D

Truly awesome fight. Made up for having to take one for the team and take Shal out. :)
I really wish i could have stayed for that. Sounds like you guys had an awesome time! Awesome job all. Maybe next time i can stick around ^_-.
Garrin

<span style="color:blue">Garrin - Lvl 60 Human Paladin - Stormrage <Lurkers>
Gasan - Lvl 14 Dwarf Priest - Stormrage <Lurkers>
Bladewhisper - Lvl 60 Rogue - Stormrage <Carpe Aurum>
<span style="color:red">Garrin - Lvl 25 Orc Warlock - Dethecus <Frost Wolves Legion>
Tigarius - Lvl 14 Tauren Warrior - Dethecus
Garrin - Lvl 13 Tauren Druid - Thunderhorn
Congrats everyone! Time to stock up on your fire resistance. Did you spawn Ragnaros, or will that wait for another day?

Chris
Icebird,Oct 25 2005, 09:47 AM Wrote:Did you spawn Ragnaros, or will that wait for another day?

Chris
[right][snapback]93099[/snapback][/right]

It was going on 12:30 by that time and most of the raid was pretty baked and looking at probably another half an hour if not more to get to Rag so we called it and divy'd up the BoE epics that had dropped.
You guys rock! I'm so proud of our alliance. :wub:

Sadly, I'm still out of commission, and it's killing me to hear about all of the fun and successful runs that are going on while I can't play. ;) Another week or so, and I'll be shouldering my way into raids again. :D
Bolty,Oct 25 2005, 06:47 AM Wrote:A disc/holy Priest combined with a resto-speced Druid can keep a tank alive practically indefinitely, since both builds are designed to heal for the long haul and regen mana quickly.&nbsp; Soulstealer and I still had 50% mana or so when the gang finally got around to killing Sky's Elite.&nbsp; I suggest this combo in the future for any healing of the "last" tank in rotation.

-Bolty
[right][snapback]93089[/snapback][/right]

Well a feral/resto druid and a disc holy priest did hold Anadrol up till the end. I could have drank a second mana pot but I didn't and that would have given me the mana to keep him alive without outside help I do believe. I was the highest mana pool druid there thanks to the feral talent heart of the wild I had 7189 mana with all the buffs up, including kings. Kings wore off before the end though so my mana pool dropped back to 6600 or so (gift of the wild + arcane brilliance). Without having heart of the wild I would have only had about 5500. But yeah having a restoration druid with tranquil spirit 10% cheaper heals and gift of nature 10% stronger heals and an innervate would probably be better. The feral talent gives me about 1100 more mana which is almost enough for 2 more top rank, untalented healing touches. A 6600 mana pool and a 790 mana healing touch is 8.3 casts. A 5500 mana pool and the 711 mana healing touch is 7.7 casts. Though those casts are doing an average of 206 more heal per cast which is 1586.2 over 7.7 casts which is 77% of an average heal. So I guess you could equate that to 8.4 casts of the untalented spell. So really not much of a difference there. Of course the HoT's that the druid will be throwing on there to help smooth out the healing will also be doing more healing as well so the edge does to go the resto druid and then they can innervate (the big thing I was missing in that fight) to get more mana back up. Onan and I used dreamless sleep pots and more mana pots. Though if I stay feral I can spec to get 2-10% mana reduction of my healing spells as well, I don't think I'll get the subtlety talent (though that will hurt me in 5 man healing). I'm starting to see the resto tree more like the holy tree where a deep investment doesn't always make you that much better of a healer. Innervate and nature's swiftness are better than holy nova though.

I know we don't want to get into a how much better does a restoration druid heal but really my thoughts are a 1.8 feral/restoration druid heals about as well a 1.7 restoration druid did in raid situations. Going from a 3.5 to a 3.0 second cast on healing touch was a big benefit for how I heal, that spell became a lot more useful for me with just a half second off the casting time. I do think that if I stay feral (still not sure I will) that I will get points back into reflection for the 15% mana regen while casting. I do miss that a little bit. There was one time where I wished I still had nature's swiftness but it wasn't crititcal it might have just kept Anadrol from using shield wall sooner than I think he needed to. I think he's too used to being main tank and getting constant rapid healing. He popped a special at 2000/7000 HP with a 2000+ point heal just about ready to land and both of my HoT's had worn off as well, so he was going to get a regrowth after that for another 1000+ upfront healing plus the HoT.

I do think my healing power in 5 man groups will be hurt a fair bit without a full resto backing but 20% more mana really does help with a lot of things.

I was dissapointed with the DPS I was doing in cat form. Yes it was higher than what it was in 1.7 but I was really only doing mage like damage. Sure my gear isn't that great and I was wearing a hybrid set so that I still had a good mana pool if I had to shift out to heal (which I did a couple of times) but that really only cost me about 100 AP and 1.5% crit chance. But what I did notice is that Gnolack, a protection spec warrior, could still do more DPS on the same mobs than my feral spec druid could when I am playing him as a DPS monkey (which in MC means I'm still generally in my tanking gear but dual wielding in battle or zerker stance and getting to hit execute more). Now Gnolack does have better gear but still I was hoping to be a little higher up on the damage with Taranna playing cat than I was, she was only about 130 DPS, which would have been more like 137 in my full cat gear. I was hoping for more along the lines of 150 to 160. Of course I think Gnolack generally had blessing of might + kings on him when I was a DPS monkey and with how thin we were on paladins I usually only had salvation on Taranna. Having might + kings consistently (and I didn't mind not having them we only had 3 paladins) would have very likely kicked the DPS up to that 150 range. OK so not so bad. :) I also still need positioning practice. Shred (my backstab) is still my best DPS source even with improvements to claw. But some of those mobs were hard to stay behind. Timing my finisher to get it in was not always done well either. There were a couple of times where I had 4 or 5 combo points and was just a few energy shy of using it when the mob would just be exectued/eviserated/whatever into oblivion before I could use it. That's a few more DPS lost.

But I was very happy to get a good test drive of the build. My healing is better and worse that it was in 1.7 and really is about what I expected from it. My feral DPS is improved as much as I expected it to be. I still don't think I'm putting 5 points in Improved Mark of the wild over Furor but I'll still take a bunch of reagents so the druid that has it and has to buff a few more groups than normal doesn't have to pay for it. I played with my free spec and I got to see what the druid I'm building on Terenas will be like. :) But I'll be paying gold to get to something else soon. :)
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Yeah, you guys were doing a really good job of keeping me up (hence why I suggested that Darian & Co. go after Seiki's elite before mine since his healers were running out of mana).

I was paying some attention to what was going on (mostly just watching the MT Targets in the CTRA window) as I was going through my progression of hitting Sunder Armors up to 5, Demoralizing Shout, and Battle Shout as needed, along with Mortal Strike, Shield Block, Revenge and Shield Bash whenever their cooldowns ended.

I also liked how I think I had that elite down to about half life before everyone showed up and it got killed. :)
-TheDragoon
Tal,Oct 25 2005, 07:00 AM Wrote:It was going on 12:30 by that time and most of the raid was pretty baked and looking at probably another half an hour if not more to get to Rag so we called it and divy'd up the BoE epics that had dropped.
[right][snapback]93100[/snapback][/right]

We were in the same situation - it was getting late, and we would have had to clear trash mobs heading to the lair from either direction. He's appropriately impressive when you do finally get to see him though.

Chris
Here is my screenie with the names of the notorius.

[Image: DomoKill.jpg]
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Nerf Fear Ward imo.

Grats, guys. When I first faced Domo, he seemed nearly impossible, as there was so many things to keep track of, and everybody had to pay very close attention. Now when we go and one-shot him, it's very satisfying. It's a tough fight, and takes a lot of work to get everyone on the same page.

Have fun farming FR gear and potion mats! :P