1.8 issues
Ever since 1.8 hit i've been having issues with the mouse cursor freezing up. it doesn't actually freeze the visual updating just stops. I still get target highlighting etc as i move the mouse around it just becomes impossible to know what i'm pointing at without taking 5 minutes to slowly move the mouse around. pretty much makes it impossible to play wow.

not only that but quiting wow doesn't help because this failure to update follows back into windows. so i have to do a complete restart. I haven't been able to log into wow for more than 20 seconds without this happening. if anyone has any thoughts or ideas i'd be glad to hear them as i've not been able to get my fix for a couple weeks. I think it may have to do with the change to the interface system but don't have any ideas on how to rectify this issue. i've heard of other people experiencing this but haven't heard or if they have been able to resolve it.

thanks.
Chesspiece_face,Oct 27 2005, 08:41 PM Wrote:Ever since 1.8 hit i've been having issues with the mouse cursor freezing up.  it doesn't actually freeze the visual updating just stops.  I still get target highlighting etc as i move the mouse around it just becomes impossible to know what i'm pointing at without taking 5 minutes to slowly move the mouse around.  pretty much makes it impossible to play wow. 

not only that but quiting wow doesn't help because this failure to update follows back into windows.  so i have to do a complete restart.  I haven't been able to log into wow for more than 20 seconds without this happening.  if anyone has any thoughts or ideas i'd be glad to hear them as i've not been able to get my fix for a couple weeks.  I think it may have to do with the change to the interface system but don't have any ideas on how to rectify this issue.  i've heard of other people experiencing this but haven't heard or if they have been able to resolve it.

thanks.
[right][snapback]93364[/snapback][/right]

What kind of mouse do you use? I've got a theory that it may have something to do with wireless devices as I have had random freeze ups followed by disconnects.
Tal,Oct 27 2005, 07:53 PM Wrote:What kind of mouse do you use? I've got a theory that it may have something to do with wireless devices as I have had random freeze ups followed by disconnects.
[right][snapback]93366[/snapback][/right]

don't have a wireless mouse. i'm using some sort of logitech on this computer, can't remember what model. I originally thought it was a driver issue but someone i know is having the same issues and they have a generic dell issue mouse. in the process of reinstalling WoW right now to see if i can fix it that way.
Just a flailing attempt, but have you tried checking/unchecking hardware cursor in the options?
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
This started for me back in 1.6 or 1.7. I really don't understand it, but I have figured out this:

Alt-tab back to windows.
Right click your desktop, select properties with your arrow keys.
Shift-Tab once (Themes should be selected).
Use arrow keys to get to Settings.
Tab once - now on resolution.
Arrow key over once, hit enter (changes resolution).
Hit Esc (cancels resolution change).

It resets the mouse, and doesn't bug out afterwards.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!