So You Wanna Fight Nefarian?
PHASE 1: Kill Drakonids

The first phase consists of killing Drakonids. There are 2 types: Chromatic and Colored.
  1. Chromatic Drakonid:
    • Good - Very Good Resistances to magic schools.<>
    • Around 30K Health.<>
      [st]
      <>
    • Colored Drakonid:

The color of the drakonid seems to be determined by the breaths you get from Chromaggus. ie..if you get Frost and Corrosive breaths from Chromaggus then you get Blue and Green Drakonids for the Phase 1 of Nefarian.
      1. RED
        • Melee dmg 200-600<>
        • Fire DoT<>
        • Highly Resistant to fire<>
          [st]<>
        • BLACK
          • Melee dmg 200-600<>
          • Fire dd 1500-2000<>
          • High Resistance to fire and shadow<>
            [st]<>
          • GREEN
            • Melee dmg 200-500<>
            • Stun (4 sec duration)<>
            • High Resistance to nature<>
              [st]<>
            • BLUE
              • Melee dmg 400<>
              • Frost dd around 1000<>
              • Debuff - attack speed -50%, cast time+50%, movement speed reduced to 70%<>
              • High Resistance to frost and arcane<>
                [st] <>
              • BRONZE
                • Arcane dd around 900<>
                • Debuff - attack speed-25%, cast time+50%<>
                • High Resistance to arcane<>
                  [st]<>
                  [st]
                  NEFARIUS ABILITIES : PHASE 1
                  1. Shadow Bolt - 1000-1200 damage<>
                  2. Shadow Rain - AoE 600-1000 damage<>
                  3. Silence - 5s duration (can be dispelled) <>
                  4. Mind Control - MC a single target<>
                    [st]<>
                    [st]PHASE 2 : Fight Nefarian the Dragon

NEFARIAN ABILITIES:
                    1. AoE Fear - A 5 Second Fear that reduces target Aggro<>
                    2. Debuff - Heal Reducing effect by 75% (applied to random melee target)
                      <>
                    3. Yell of Nefarian - Class Specific Debuff - A specific class ability is used to Nefarians advantage.
                      1. Warrior - Fury Stance <>
                      2. Priest - Healing spells cast a debuff on the target,which deals 175-225 damage/sec(stackable)<>
                      3. Druid - Cat form <>
                      4. Mage - Polymorph nearby random raid members <>
                      5. warlock - Summon 4 Infernos to attack the raid<>
                      6. Rogue - Immoblize targets right in front of nefarian <>
                      7. Hunter - Damage your ranged weapon <>
                      8. Paladin - Nefarian is immune to physical damage <>
                      9. Shaman - Totems benefit Nefarian<>
                        [st]<>
                        [st]PHASE 3 : At 20% Nefarian revives the Drakonids as Skellies
A few corrections based on my experience.

1. The color of the drakonids are not from Chromaggus' breathes. We got ignite flesh and corrosive acid last Sunday and got red/blue, which is the nastiest combo for our strat.

2. A few class clarifications
A. Warrior - They're stuck in berserker stance.
B. Rogues - They are teleported in front of Nefarian and stunned.
C. Hunters - Their ranged weapon is broken (0 durability) and yes, this is the reason they changed the hunter epic from changeable to having both of them at once. And you thought it was a buff.
D. Warlocks - I think it's 2 infenals per warlock, might be random, though.
E. Paladin - They all cast blessing of protection on him, which makes him immune to physical damage.
andrewlt,Oct 26 2005, 11:44 AM Wrote:C. Hunters - Their ranged weapon is broken (0 durability) and yes, this is the reason they changed the hunter epic from changeable to having both of them at once. And you thought it was a buff.
[right][snapback]93221[/snapback][/right]

My understanding is that the change was due to the fact that enchantments persist after transformation. They didn't want hunters to be able to enchant their staff with +22 int, +15 agility, etc., and then transform it into a bow retaining that enchantment.
See you in Town,
-Z
andrewlt,Oct 26 2005, 09:44 AM Wrote:E. Paladin - They all cast blessing of protection on him, which makes him immune to physical damage.
[right][snapback]93221[/snapback][/right]

That's cute. Good thing it can't be dispelled or anything. :rolleyes:
"AND THEN THE PALADIN TOOK MY EYES!"
Forever oppressed by the GOLs.
Grom Hellscream: [Orcish] kek
Thaistalyn,Oct 21 2005, 07:47 AM Wrote:warlock - Summon 4 Infernos to attack the raid[right][snapback]92829[/snapback][/right]

So that's why they're buffing infernals for warlocks :lol:
Zarathustra,Oct 27 2005, 07:05 AM Wrote:My understanding is that the change was due to the fact that enchantments persist after transformation.&nbsp; They didn't want hunters to be able to enchant their staff with +22 int, +15 agility, etc., and then transform it into a bow retaining that enchantment.

Interesting. I've always heard it the other way around -- that a hunter would put a +3% to hit scope on the bow and transform it to a staff and then use another bow to fight with.
MongoJerry,Oct 27 2005, 08:54 PM Wrote:Interesting.&nbsp; I've always heard it the other way around -- that a hunter would put a +3% to hit scope on the bow and transform it to a staff and then use another bow to fight with.
[right][snapback]93347[/snapback][/right]

I had never thought about that. To be honest I wish they'd either reimplement that recipe/item or just take all existing scopes/ability to make the scopes off of all servers. The recipe seemed overpowered from when it came out.... maybe it will drop again someday.
MaxPower#1485 60 SC Barb/32 HC Witch Doctor/22 HC Wizard/17 HC Demon Hunter
NotSoDarklord,Oct 27 2005, 10:50 PM Wrote:I had never thought about that.&nbsp; To be honest I wish they'd either reimplement that recipe/item or just take all existing scopes/ability to make the scopes&nbsp; off of all servers.&nbsp; The recipe seemed overpowered from when it came out.... maybe it will drop again someday.
[right][snapback]93373[/snapback][/right]

I believe it was removed because it affected both melee AND ranged attack accuracy, thus making it possible for Fury Warriors (and Rogues, I guess) to get a 4% bonus to-hit from their ranged weapon (Striker's Mark, Satyr's Bow, Blackcrow, etc. + the scope.)
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.