Terenas Instance Scheduling
bonemage,Nov 17 2005, 10:03 AM Wrote:Dire Maul has good loot for all classes, and once East is done and you have the key, the North and West instances have some very farmable bosses, many of which can be done in less than an hour.  I really want the key so there is something productive to do on other nights of the week.

Also, we have Flash and Shadowe coming along quickly, and I am leaning towards putting off finishing BRD until they are going through it.
[right][snapback]95161[/snapback][/right]

You forgot my water!! It's the main reason to run DM east. Everyone wants to get the "good" water at 60 right? No more 1 minute mage breaks while I'm sucking on my bottle.

Since we got Conc's smelting done last week, we can make another run for Flash and Shadowe and get more smelting done at the same time. I'm sure we will be doing BRD every couple of weeks just because we need to for blacksmithing and enchanting (rep for the +22 int enchant from the T brotherhood, pleeeeeeease :P ). Thus, I'm not that worried about completing the BRD quests, since I'm going to have lots and lots of runs to finish them all off.

Thus, DM for mage's water quest tonight. And a DM run when Octord gets all the mats for his warlock epic mount! Other then that, I'm open for other instances to complete my set pieces, and to see the world or BRD when we need more dark iron smelted.

Terenas
Yuri - Mage/Arcane 85 Undead
Thirdrail - Shaman/Resto 85 Tauren
Vicstull - Rogue/Subtlety 85 Troll
Penten - Priest/Discipline 85 Blood Elf
Storage guild Bassomatic
Alram,Nov 18 2005, 11:28 AM Wrote:Thank you to everyone who downloaded and installed GEM.  Unfortunately it seems to have a lot of glitches that make it unreliable at present. It is a Beta version, so for now we will not be using it, and when the finished version is ready we might try it again.
[right][snapback]95242[/snapback][/right]
There are a lot of features that I really like, and will really us help if we do work out an alliance with another guild (I don't see a guild alliance succeeding without something like this). When it works (I've had pretty good luck) its very nice, especially the event manager. I think it's something I'm going to watch, update when there are new updates, and hopefully there will be a few more that stick with it so we can keep testing it. One thing I noticed yesterday was there are a LOT of people still in the default channel of gemchannel20. That could account for some garbage some were seeing. You have to manually leave this channel with /leave # (number is the number of the gemchannel20 channel and shown by /chatlist.) After manually leaving that channel, using the latest version, I got the mod to work quite nicely on my main and any of the alts I tried it on. I would propose that everyone upgrade to the very latest, and be sure to leave the default channel. I also once had to change the proper channel to something else, and then back again. Once righted, it seemed to stay that way. YMMV.
------------Terenas------------
Dagorthan – Level 85 Blood Knight
Turothan – Level 83 Blood Knight
Sarothan – Level 62 Blood Knight
Durambar – Level 82 Warrior
Strifemourne – Level 80 Death Knight
Xame,Nov 18 2005, 11:53 AM Wrote:You forgot my water!!  It's the main reason to run DM east.  Everyone wants to get the "good" water at 60 right?  No more 1 minute mage breaks while I'm sucking on my bottle.

Since we got Conc's smelting done last week, we can make another run for Flash and Shadowe and get more smelting done at the same time.  I'm sure we will be doing BRD every couple of weeks just because we need to for blacksmithing and enchanting (rep for the +22 int enchant from the T brotherhood, pleeeeeeease  :P ).  Thus, I'm not that worried about completing the BRD quests, since I'm going to have lots and lots of runs to finish them all off. 

Thus, DM for mage's water quest tonight.  And a DM run when Octord gets all the mats for his warlock epic mount!  Other then that,  I'm open for other instances to complete my set pieces, and to see the world or BRD when we need more dark iron smelted.
[right][snapback]95245[/snapback][/right]
And Yuri's water! I'm sorry I forgot that. Several of us (Conc, Durambar, Necrali, Yuri) got the DM key last night, which should shorten our time in DM tonight. Also, there are several easily farmable bosses in DM North and West that are now opened up with those keys for gearing up on off nights.
Xame,Nov 18 2005, 10:53 AM Wrote:I'm sure we will be doing BRD every couple of weeks just because we need to for blacksmithing and enchanting (rep for the +22 int enchant from the T brotherhood, pleeeeeeease  :P ).  Thus, I'm not that worried about completing the BRD quests, since I'm going to have lots and lots of runs to finish them all off. 

That enchant comes at Revered, which requires a metric ton of Dark Iron Ore.

I thought getting the Kingsblood was bad, but DIO is way more of a pain. At least blacksmiths can get a head start on Revered with the Imperial Plate quests.

Here are the TB Rewards sorted by rep level:
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/basics...ium/vendor.html

they seem to have added some nice content like this on the main WoW site
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Xame,Nov 18 2005, 01:53 PM Wrote:You forgot my water!!  It's the main reason to run DM east.  Everyone wants to get the "good" water at 60 right?  No more 1 minute mage breaks while I'm sucking on my bottle.

Since we got Conc's smelting done last week, we can make another run for Flash and Shadowe and get more smelting done at the same time.  I'm sure we will be doing BRD every couple of weeks just because we need to for blacksmithing and enchanting (rep for the +22 int enchant from the T brotherhood, pleeeeeeease  :P ).  Thus, I'm not that worried about completing the BRD quests, since I'm going to have lots and lots of runs to finish them all off. 

Thus, DM for mage's water quest tonight.  And a DM run when Octord gets all the mats for his warlock epic mount!  Other then that,  I'm open for other instances to complete my set pieces, and to see the world or BRD when we need more dark iron smelted.
I have been wondering where to get the water quest. Magead also needs it. So I would like to go along --fire and ice--

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtmlWbJ-1vgb3aJmW4DJ7...NntmKgW8Cp]
GEM definitely has some issues with other mods. I had no problems, but Shadowe did. Quite feature rich, but I think it has problems with mods that broadcast, perhaps Group Buttons or Discord. On Terenas, we do not have someone on 24/7, therefore even if we all use it, some players may miss events, due to no player to broadcast to.

I am currently trying GuildAds found here it works great for me, but we'll need to test it and it does require a limited config. Will this work better due different broadcast method? Unsure. Would this work better if we had an informal alliance? Perhaps. With more players on, more often, it will help either mod. Tho configuration problems will persist with GEM.

Flash

Edit: Pics of GuildAds one, two and three.

If you install to test this mod, login to WoW, after disabling GEM, you will need to leave channel terenaslurkers or you will see a lot of trash. Type "/GuildAds config" this will bring a popup, check the box labeled Use this channel, add TLTEST in that box, no password. Close the box, type "/ga TAM!!" and you will enter the GuildAds chat. If you have any problems, message me or reply here.

The one error I have had while trying to add an event is with QuestIon, my quest addon, which is rather outdated.
<span style="color:red">Absolute Power!!!!<!--sizec--><!--/sizec--> - Jafar

<span style="color:green">Terenas
60 Gorohnt Orc Warlock - Herb / Alchemy (Main)
54 RawkPaine Orc Shaman - Mining / Jewelcrafting
54 Galahnt Orc Hunter - Mining / Engineer (Goblin)
42 Garahnt Tauren Shaman - Skinning / Leatherworking
36 Gholoko Tauren Druid - Enchanting/ Mining
33 Gharawk Troll Rogue - Mining / Engineer
20 MaxPaine Orc Warrior - Mine / Smith
FlashNPan,Nov 21 2005, 05:13 PM Wrote:GEM definitely has some issues with other mods. I had no problems, but Shadowe did. Quite feature rich, but I think it has problems with mods that broadcast, perhaps Group Buttons or Discord. On Terenas, we do not have someone on 27/7, therefore even if we all use it, some players may miss events, due to no player to broadcast to.

I am currently trying GuildAds found here it works great for me, but we'll need to test it and it does require a limited config. Will this work better due different broadcast method? Unsure. Would this work better if we had an informal alliance? Perhaps. With more players on, more often, it will help either mod. Tho configuration problems will persist with GEM.

Flash
[right][snapback]95450[/snapback][/right]

GuildAds did not have Event management the last time I tested it (though I see it does now), and I had many more issues with it than I did with GEM.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
I'm trying this as well. Initial reports are encouraging. I think we need a few more testers, perhaps those that had trouble with GEM, and those that aren't in the guild. (hint, hint.)
Gnollguy,Nov 21 2005, 05:28 PM Wrote:GuildAds did not have Event management the last time I tested it (though I see it does now), and I had many more issues with it than I did with GEM.
[right][snapback]95455[/snapback][/right]
What issues did you have?
Here is an update on the current status.

1. I am not happy with GEM at present. I have uninstalled it.
2. Thus far I do like GuildAds, the mod which Flash found. With 4 of us in the guild testing it for the past week, we have not had any problems.
3. GG had experienced problems on Stormrage with an older version of Guildads. If I understood him correctly there were issues with spam and crashes when they had a large number of people in the guild running GuildAds online at the same time.
4. It is possible that these old issues with GuildAds have been fixed. The webpage Guildads indicates that a number of spam and crash issues have been fixed.
5. I would like to have a test run with our Terenas guild running GuildAds. However, this will pose an inconvenience for people who are playing on Stormrage and running competing mods.
6. I have been told that when version 1.9 of WoW comes out, players will be able to specify addons for each toon instead of having to run all the addons for each toon or remember to disable particular mods for particular toons. This would address the problem mentioned above in #5.
7. We do not have an immediate need for GuildAds or any similar mod and we can wait until v1.9 comes out to run a full test. If anybody would like to try it out in the meantime, please feel free.

Addendum: Features of GuildAds
Inside a channel, players can
- chat
- see which items are needed by others
- see which items are available from others
- see the skills and guilds of all players
- inspect other players who are online regardless of distance
- create and subscribe to events (instance runs, etc.)

I installed GuildAds last night, and with Flash's help was able to get it working (I had to manually join the channel even though I was listed as already in that channel upon configuring the mod).

I like the mod -- I especially enjoyed the inspect feature.

This mod does have immediate use for our virtual guild member Yuri.