Terenas Instance Scheduling
GG has suggested that we try this mod. Guild Event Manager

I downloaded it and GG and I ran it through some provisional testing. It looks good.

This AddOn allows us to create/schedule/manage future raid instances directly in-game. Players can register (join) and reserve or cancel a room for an instance. It has been designed to help guilds to schedule events, and its members to say *I'll be there*, and count the number of players that are ok for an instance.
It does work for multiple guilds or even with your friend list. So this would also help with Yuri. It allows the creation of a chat channel for events which will be very handy when communicating with friends and allied guilds. In fact there exists a distinct possibility at present that another guild or some members of it will be joining with us for some instance runs in the near future.

It will only work for us if everyone uses it. Please download and install it. Instructions for installation are at the linked page.

Once you are ingame click on the icon on the minimap. Click the options tab.
For GEM channel type: TerenasLurkers
alias name: GEM
slash command to talk /ga
To create an event click the NEW tab
To join an event click the EVENT tab, highlight the event you wish to join and click subscribe.

I don't know right now if it will or should replace our current method of organizing instance runs, but it should be of some help, and GG and I would like everyone to give it a try.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtmlWbJ-1vgb3aJmW4DJ7...NntmKgW8Cp]
Downloading it and hopefully we can convince folks on Stormrage to switch to GEM over guilded so I can completely get rid of guilded and just use GEM. :) The fewer add-ons the better, but this one will definitely help with cross-guild communication when we start (if we start) getting into that for raiding purposes.
Intolerant monkey.
Installed, configured, testing...
------------Terenas------------
Dagorthan – Level 85 Blood Knight
Turothan – Level 83 Blood Knight
Sarothan – Level 62 Blood Knight
Durambar – Level 82 Warrior
Strifemourne – Level 80 Death Knight
There have been some problems with the chat channel.
There are a couple of events posted in the mod, BRD and WC. Signup if you are interested.
Alram,Nov 15 2005, 12:51 AM Wrote:There have been some problems with the chat channel.
There are a couple of events posted in the mod, BRD and WC. Signup if you are interested.
[right][snapback]94839[/snapback][/right]

I know Ruvanal had some issues without getting his own messages echo'd back to him when we were testing stuff on Stormrage. I don't know what he did to fix it but I'll check with him when I get a chance.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Does it matter which version we use? There is a new one up today, and there was one released yesterday.

Just grab the latest?
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Alram,Nov 14 2005, 05:29 PM Wrote:In fact there exists a distinct possibility at present that another guild or some members of it will be joining with us for some instance runs in the near future.
[right][snapback]94814[/snapback][/right]

Slight thread hijack -- any detail on how many, what level, who they are, etc?
Concillian,Nov 15 2005, 03:23 PM Wrote:Does it matter which version we use?  There is a new one up today, and there was one released yesterday. 

Just grab the latest?
[right][snapback]94957[/snapback][/right]
I suggest trying the latest, especially since our attempts last night were not without issues. Those that downloaded earlier than today should upgrade.

My two cents...
vor_lord,Nov 15 2005, 05:45 PM Wrote:Slight thread hijack -- any detail on how many, what level, who they are, etc?
[right][snapback]94961[/snapback][/right]
I didn't post very much about this because it is all in a very preliminary stage. I have had a chat with the leader of another guild, smaller than ours. At this point it may be limited to 1 or 2 members around level 50 partying with some of us. We will see if anything more comes of it.

I'm not seeing any events. What could I be doing wrong? I saw another Lurker in the channel when I set it up.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Concillian,Nov 16 2005, 10:54 AM Wrote:I'm not seeing any events.  What could I be doing wrong?  I saw another Lurker in the channel when I set it up.
[right][snapback]95069[/snapback][/right]

I was thinking about how this would even work. It seems to me that you have to have someone online who has gotten all of the events loaded. So depending on who it was that was online, you wouldn't be able to see them.

If no one was online and you just installed it, you wouldn't be able to get them.

I've noticed that I see different sets of events when I try it depending on who is logged on. Sometimes a little time passes and I see the other one.

Of course, since I can't get the chat to work, it's all moot to me right now.
vor_lord,Nov 16 2005, 10:58 AM Wrote:I was thinking about how this would even work.  It seems to me that you have to have someone online who has gotten all of the events loaded.  So depending on who it was that was online, you wouldn't be able to see them.

If no one was online and you just installed it, you wouldn't be able to get them.

I've noticed that I see different sets of events when I try it depending on who is logged on.  Sometimes a little time passes and I see the other one.

Of course, since I can't get the chat to work, it's all moot to me right now.
[right][snapback]95070[/snapback][/right]
I've noticed an improvement with the latest patch on the chat issue. Last night I logged in (still had the older version) and had chat issues, logged out, updated version, working.
bonemage,Nov 16 2005, 10:01 AM Wrote:I've noticed an improvement with the latest patch on the chat issue.  Last night I logged in (still had the older version) and had chat issues, logged out, updated version, working.
[right][snapback]95072[/snapback][/right]

Later, Alram logged in with the right character and I could see events when I was on with my shaman.
We should probably use this forum to plan this coming Friday, November 18.

I will be there. I'd like to do the bar in BRD with Rogoll if possible. I placed a signup in the GEM mod.

Concillian,Nov 16 2005, 04:00 PM Wrote:Later, Alram logged in with the right character and I could see events when I was on with my shaman.
[right][snapback]95109[/snapback][/right]

I think it is the only way this kind of thing works. Kind of a viral distribution system. Our guild has probably grown large enough that this will work. Principle concern is people like Jarulf who are often on when others aren't. Those who aren't often on stand to gain the most by having an event scheduler in game -- hopefully they get the events.
Alram,Nov 16 2005, 04:04 PM Wrote:We should probably use this forum to plan this coming Friday, November 18.

I will be there.  I'd like to do the bar in BRD with Rogoll if possible.  I placed a signup in the GEM mod.
[right][snapback]95115[/snapback][/right]

I will be there Friday too. I'm up for BRD if we make a push to the Emperor. I think we finally got everyone through the "Lower" BRD stuff, so we should be able to head straight for the bar and beyond this week.

I'd like just as much to do something new, LBRS, DM, anything really.
It's time again for more Insane Cloth Posse adventures!

ICP is dusting themselves off this week to do Wailing Caverns. That means that bonemage, vor_lord, Xame, khgerg, and VoiceMan will not be playing their capped characters very much this Friday. We're hoping to squeeze in DM East too as it isn't too long, either before or after WC.

Dire Maul has good loot for all classes, and once East is done and you have the key, the North and West instances have some very farmable bosses, many of which can be done in less than an hour. I really want the key so there is something productive to do on other nights of the week.

Also, we have Flash and Shadowe coming along quickly, and I am leaning towards putting off finishing BRD until they are going through it.
As already stated, I will be there, but in the form of a level 23 warlock by the name of Demonlurker for the ongoing saga known as ICP. :D Woot! Cloth caster tanks rule! hehehehe..... after that....I guess it depends on where Gorkuk is needed most. I still have two quests left in BRD...but since I don't need any experience...and the rewards aren't great for a hunter...it won't offend me if I don't go back to BRD. But, I'll be online, ready to help where I'm needed most. My preference is DM, or something. It's Strat and Scholo and UBRS and places like that that hold the loot I'm hoping for, so I'm up for pushing up that direction.
VoiceMan

Terenas:
Bloodmourne - 85 Blood Elf Death Knight <Lurkers>
Vreeslik - 85 Undead Warlock <Lurkers>
Fazuul - 70 Tauren Druid <Lurkers>
Ooh - 70 Troll Rogue <Lurkers>
Gorkuk- 63 Orc Hunter <Lurkers>
Rojaal - 70 Blood Elf Paladin <Lurkers>
I have installed GEM and it appears to be working.
<span style="color:orange">Doomhammer:
Melis -- 60 NE Druid
<span style="color:orange">Terenas:
Octord -- 70 U Warlock
Forgar -- 70 T Druid
Loregar -- 69 BE Hunter
Selyn -- 61 U Mage
Kevas -- 35 TR Shaman
Darklurker -- 24 U Priest
Ratoo -- 17 TR Priest

[Image: 738014xuSdJ.png]
Thank you to everyone who downloaded and installed GEM. Unfortunately it seems to have a lot of glitches that make it unreliable at present. It is a Beta version, so for now we will not be using it, and when the finished version is ready we might try it again.