10 years of diablo
this next year, 2006, diablo will be having his 10th birthday. i think its an important date, for many reasons. having said that, shouldnt we, as a community, or even blizzard do something about it?

do what about it, you say? well i dont know, do a week full of tournaments on b.net, in game celebrations w/e.
(on blizz part, an patch would be a real good 'birthday present' [i really dont believe they´ll do it])

i wish to know how you guys feel about the ideia..(and please, give more ideias)

thanks for you time.
D.
Blizzard should release the source code, that would be something :)
There are three types of people in the world. Those who can count and those who can't.
Check this link -- multiple ideas.

http://p205.ezboard.com/fthedsfcommunityfr...picID=383.topic

Attika,Nov 15 2005, 07:27 PM Wrote:Check this link -- multiple ideas.

http://p205.ezboard.com/fthedsfcommunityfr...picID=383.topic
[right][snapback]94979[/snapback][/right]

Hi,

Great Read !!!

IF any of it happened, I would again find myself outside Best Buy READY to buy Diablo 1 3D...before the store opens, Again :D

He can do more for Others, Who has done most with Himself.
Quote:Hellfire:
Acquire the rights from Sierra for a set price or a share of the profits.
Upgrade Hellfire in a similar manner as the above suggestions.

Too bad Sierra doesn't exist anymore. It's all Vivendi Universal now if I am not mistaken.
R.I.P. Pete! I can't believe you're gone. Sad
i read that post on the other forum, about diablo 3d, i really didnt like it. i really doubt blizz would do something like this, cuz i believe they believe that diablo2 is already the 'updating' of the original diablo.
what i meant in blizz doing something about the 10 years, was something small as lauching an new comemorative patch that corrected some errors, and maybe restabilishing the forum..
Yeah sierra... i know a guy that worked on hellfire but i doubt he still has access to the code or would give it out but ill atleast try...
I dont think that blizzard will do anything new with diablo
they lost their interrest in the game some time ago i think
but a patch with the fix of some minor bugs and a program that does not make it possible to cheat anymore will be very great
danifilth,Nov 18 2005, 12:04 PM Wrote:I dont think that blizzard will do anything new with diablo
they lost their interrest in the game some time ago i think
Read this:

Quote:Michio Okamura

A founding developer of the Diablo license, Michio has over ten years of experience at building and maintaining a multimillion dollar license. Evolving from artist to designer to leader, Michio has always strived to achieve the most optimal balance between challenging game play, appealing visuals and compelling world settings.

Work Experience : A veteran artist with over 10 years of experience working for Blizzard North on the Diablo franchise. He was the Lead Artist for Diablo and created the concept design for majority of the characters and monsters in the game, most notably Diablo himself.

On Diablo II, Michio was responsible for further development of the Diablo mythos. As the Senior Artist, he created character and monster concept designs, including the second incarnation of Diablo for this sequel.

After Diablo II, he worked as an Art Director establishing the pipeline and creative direction for several internal projects. Michio was the Creative Lead for Blizzard North on a yet unannounced project before his departure.

Any further questions as to what that project is/was? :)
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
I must agree that there would be no diablo 3d. The storyline is almost totally done, and all that could be fixed would be if they went along the lines of the hellfire storyline. Also, a game titled "Diablo 3D" would imply a more FPS line of game, which blizzard would never do.
Quote: Also, a game titled "Diablo 3D" would imply a more FPS line of game, which blizzard would never do.

You mean they'd never make a game like Star Craft: Ghost? Perhaps somebody should let them know.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?"

-W.C. Fields
I'd definitely be up for some gaming to celebrate. :)
EvilTeletubby,Mar 13 2006, 04:30 PM Wrote:I'd definitely be up for some gaming to celebrate.  :)
[right][snapback]104427[/snapback][/right]
May I suggest a "Love Triangle" Run?

Naked Mage: Nothing
Naked Rogue: Any Bow
Naked Warrior: Any Sword, Any Shield

First team to Three Dots wins some prize.

Or, an Iron Man Tournament?

Or, a "role confusion?" tournament.

Warrior has to wield a bow
Rogue has to play the mage
Wizard has to play the sword and Shield

Or:

Immortal Hero Team Event

A Team of Immortal Heroes goes in, first team to three dots wins.

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
EvilTeletubby,Mar 13 2006, 11:30 PM Wrote:I'd definitely be up for some gaming to celebrate.  :)
[right][snapback]104427[/snapback][/right]

Yay, count me in!! Perhaps we can have countdown meetings during the year and meet in some appropriate channel, chat, run Lazarus, and try to remember how to play the game as a Sorcerer casting CL without killing the warriors :)
There are three types of people in the world. Those who can count and those who can't.
Ah the joys of rustyness... sounds like fun to me!
Jarulf,Mar 14 2006, 01:41 AM Wrote:Yay, count me in!! Perhaps we can have countdown meetings during the year and meet in some appropriate channel, chat, run Lazarus, and try to remember how to play the game as a Sorcerer casting CL without killing the warriors :)
[right][snapback]104476[/snapback][/right]
And we can do Golem Boxing matches. And we can pick the arrows from the backs of warriors when Rogues desynch, yet again. :) And I can work on Teleflash, something I never quite perfected.

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
LennyLen,Feb 27 2006, 06:37 AM Wrote:You mean they'd never make a game like Star Craft: Ghost?  Perhaps somebody should let them know.
[right][snapback]103046[/snapback][/right]
Are they still making StarCraft: Ghost?

The next generation consoles they were developing it for are now the last generation. Karmic.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
I dont see why not. Its not like PS3 wont be able to read PS2 games.
Oh man I haven't played D1 in a long time. We really need to do a giant-assed reunion for this.

We could do a scavenger hunt. Everyone starts with brand new characters, and we compose a list of fairly hard-to-get items. Everyone plays all day long and the person that tallies the highest number of rare items is declared the winner and gets to brag for the next 10 years.
duner,Nov 15 2005, 05:12 PM Wrote:this next year, 2006, diablo will be having his 10th birthday.  i think its an important date, for many reasons. having said that, shouldnt we, as a community, or even blizzard do something about it?

do what about it, you say? well i dont know, do a week full of tournaments on b.net, in game celebrations w/e.
(on blizz part, an patch would be a real good 'birthday present' [i really dont believe they´ll do it])

i wish to know how you guys feel about the ideia..(and please, give more ideias)

thanks for you time.
D.
[right][snapback]94949[/snapback][/right]
Is this still on? I sure hope so. July 30th is nearing. :)

Edit: July? What am I thinking? November. Nor is it near. Anyway... I'm all for it.
The error occurred on line -1.