Diablo
Hi there!
I found this board while i was browsing for some random stuff... it brought back old memmorys, and i was woundering

1) is it still possible to play online? someone told me a long time ago that blizzard took down the d1 servers (i'm not sure if he was right or not)

2) is there lots of hacks out thease days? (that can harm you) like drop hack or something like that.

3) is there lots of ppl still playing d1?

4) is there any hacked/buged items in the realms? so ppl only running around with uber items (i would hate that)

d1 was my fav game when it came, i'm gonna try to find my disc and re install it :) it's nice to see that it still have some fans out there anyway.

btw i played d1 for 4 years or something, and then i when't over to d2 (and now i'm playing some wow too) but i still play d2 more.
[Image: spinalsig3xy1.gif]
1) You can still play Diablo on bnet.

2) There are still too many people running around with trainers.

3) Unfortunateny, no.

4) Yes.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?"

-W.C. Fields
There is a pretty silly item going around now called a "BAT". This is because the item name is actually the path to one of the bat-type enemy gfx/sound files in the MPQ. I am not sure which specific file it is. Anyways, the item appears as a blank in your inventory, meaning you will see four squares shaded pink with nothing in it. It is equipped on the helm slot. It adds some rediculous values to damage which are extremely high even for Diablo 2 - you can't read it in the character screen, but it is over 4 million max damage - and will kill anything in one hit. Luckily, it doesn't work versus players.
--Lang

Diabolic Psyche - the site with Diablo on the Brain!
Thanks for the info, i found my cd and installed it a few hours ago :) and now i got a lvl 12 mage ^^

too bad about the bugged items, but i will play legit anyway... the game just dies out the first day if you can kill everything in one hit :(

btw i still haven't seen anyone on europe :P
the Langolier,May 8 2006, 10:12 PM Wrote:There is a pretty silly item going around now called a "BAT".  This is because the item name is actually the path to one of the bat-type enemy gfx/sound files in the MPQ.  I am not sure which specific file it is.  Anyways, the item appears as a blank in your inventory, meaning you will see four squares shaded pink with nothing in it.  It is equipped on the helm slot.  It adds some rediculous values to damage which are extremely high even for Diablo 2 - you can't read it in the character screen, but it is over 4 million max damage - and will kill anything in one hit.  Luckily, it doesn't work versus players.
[right][snapback]109291[/snapback][/right]

Yeah, I remember when the "batbat" was first bein circulated. I saw some kid throw a scroll on the ground and said it was the ultimate item. People nowadays.. the lengths they will go just to cheat.. :huh:

Funny thing is, I was doin a public game yesterday, and some rogue who had the usual cheater setup (Godly Plate of some kind, the batbat, some kinda overpowered bow, helm and jewellery) somehow kept dyin. It was hell difficulty, and when she begged me to res her or to help her get her stuff back (which I didn't), I just said "how could you possibly die with that stuff on?". It's ridiculous. She said without mana shield, she is practically dead, but with the amount of dmg she has, and all that other junk she is wearin, I find it difficult to die wearin that kinda stuff. Some people just suck that bad.. :lol:

Oh, funny story I gotta tell you people (haha, me be talkin a lot this mornin). I once joined a public game called "legits", but strangely the only people in it were 3 cheaters. So they were complainin about how they lost their duped items, and all that shiz, when then I decided to have some fun with them, and I said "hi, everyone who needs good items, I will make a game. Join game "somethin/somethin" and I will give lots of Godly plates, obsidian zodiacs and other good items". Then, they all left at once and tried to join a game that didn't even exist, only to come back to complain and ask why the game wasn't there - LOL. I haven't had that good of a laugh while playin D before.
Gateway: USA East
Sorcerer: Force_11.06.04.
Warrior: ForceLuvsSheFlex
LAW: Force_Nov.06.04.

Luvin my babe forever.. =))
my experience is that europe is qutie empty these days, apart from Poland-1,
which is why i mostly play on US east, where most of the people here visit, in evening hours it's midday over there, so there will be some players usually, on the Diablo LE channel.

on dupes and hacks, of course those guys are still out there, but i must say i havent had any problems with hackers over the last few years, maybe its because i dont play open games, or only multiplayer with guys i met in 'diablo le' on useast, or 'diablo tll' on europe (<- which is quite empty, alas). But i haven't met a single one in those years, you see one pop up in the channels every now and then, but usually they are in so much of a haste that they're gone before you can say a thing. Its of course still very easy to do, but i suppose the percentage has definitely gone down.
Characters: Standard Diablo Rogues: 'Paardenpoep' l36, 'Purechocolade' l31; Sorcerers 'Toverkol' l40, 'Zwarte Piet' l32, 'ZureHaring' l28 (no fb), Warrior 'Klotebeest' l29, LoL characters: rogues 'Roggebrood' l26 and 'Ironvrouw' l7, sorcerer ToverLol l20, warrior LolleBolleGijs l16 ironman character name 'Ironlady', read Toverlol's journey log
I won't play on east, i wanna play on europe so i can play with friends (if they ever come back to d1) i doubt it tho, most of them are stuck with wow now... and the rest plays d2

anyway, if there is someone here who plays on europe and wanna play... let me know (i would also love if anyone had some beginning items to share) :)

oh, and my mage is lvl 22 now
Spinal,May 10 2006, 12:17 PM Wrote:I won't play on east, i wanna play on europe so i can play with friends (if they ever come back to d1) i doubt it tho, most of them are stuck with wow now... and the rest plays d2

anyway, if there is someone here who plays on europe and wanna play... let me know (i would also love if anyone had some beginning items to share) :)

oh, and my mage is lvl 22 now
[right][snapback]109485[/snapback][/right]

Diablo is not D2... you can take your character to any realm at any time you want. The only thing is you will need to make a new account for each realm, and that may mean changing your character's name if someone has taken your name already on that realm. But the account is only for the name of the character, as nothing else about the character is stored on the servers.
Nystul,May 10 2006, 08:14 PM Wrote:Diablo is not D2... you can take your character to any realm at any time you want.&nbsp; The only thing is you will need to make a new account for each realm, and that may mean changing your character's name if someone has taken your name already on that realm.&nbsp; But the account is only for the name of the character, as nothing else about the character is stored on the servers.
[right][snapback]109512[/snapback][/right]
oh... i didn't know that, thanks alot for the info :)
Unfortunatly I've gotten a fairly accurate statistic about cheaters online today. After talking with several people on US East, I have found the following:

7 out of 10 people have duped/hacked items
4 out of 10 people use some form of trainer to get items and such
1 out of 25 people have their own personal hacks that can ruin your character in a game!

Sorry for the bad news....
How scientific of you.
--Lang

Diabolic Psyche - the site with Diablo on the Brain!
Master DS5,May 11 2006, 07:57 AM Wrote:Unfortunatly I've gotten a fairly accurate statistic about cheaters online today. After talking with several people on US East, I have found the following:

7 out of 10 people have duped/hacked items
4 out of 10 people use some form of trainer to get items and such
1 out of 25 people have their own personal hacks that can ruin your character in a&nbsp; game!

Sorry for the bad news....
[right][snapback]109535[/snapback][/right]

Questions -
What was your sample mass?
How long did you test for?
What time of day did you test at?
What day/s did you test on?
Where did you encounter these people? In channel, in game, where? If in channel - what channel? If in game, what level was your character?
How did you verify their claims?

7 out of 10 is very very low. If you are saying that 30% of bnet is legit, then I want details.

Also, how can you possibly test that 1 in 25 people can ruin your character?

~Hureg
D1 Ironman Tournament 2006 -
http://p205.ezboard.com/bthedsfcommunity
East at Diablo le for Legits!
Aarda's still throwing roses at the rain...
Hureg,May 11 2006, 03:05 AM Wrote:Also, how can you possibly test that 1 in 25 people can ruin your character?

I think he goofed and pressed the wrong button, it should be 1 in 24!
There are three types of people in the world. Those who can count and those who can't.