Why's it There?
Dozer,Nov 19 2005, 12:07 AM Wrote:There's a farm on the extreme east of Arathi (on the coast) with a couple alliance civilians and nothing else.

Maybe it has a purpose on the Ally side, but it seems a REALLY weird place to put a quest objective or whatever, as it's so damn far out of the way.
[right][snapback]95305[/snapback][/right]

This one is for a quest to recover a ring or some such thing. From UC.
"You can build a perfect machine out of imperfect parts."
-Urza

He's an old-fashioned Amish cyborg with no name. She's a virginal nymphomaniac fairy princess married to the Mob. Together, they fight crime!

The Blizzcon Class Discussion:
Crowd: "Our qq's will blot out the sun"
Warlocks: "Then we will pewpew in the shade"
LochnarITB,Nov 18 2005, 07:32 PM Wrote:Oh yeah, there is that group of female centaurs (cenarion circle?) under a tree by the shore in desolace - Is there a use for them?
[right][snapback]95295[/snapback][/right]
Horde questgiver for Maraudon
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtmlWbJ-1vgb3aJmW4DJ7...NntmKgW8Cp]
Urza-DSF,Nov 20 2005, 04: Wrote:This one is for a quest to recover a ring or some such thing.  From UC.
[right][snapback]95362[/snapback][/right]

Actually that quest starts from one of the guys on the torture racks in Scarlet Monestary, unless I'm thinking of something else entirerly.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Zarathustra,Nov 18 2005, 02:46 AM Wrote:Just something I've been thinking about for some time now, and with all the insane pieces of trivia floating around among the Lurkers, this would be the place to bring it up.  There are a ton of things in the game that don't seem to serve any purpose.  They're either not yet implemented, or just there to make you say "wha...?"[right][snapback]95209[/snapback][/right]

Whit Wantmal in Darkshire.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
Gnollguy,Nov 20 2005, 11:59 AM Wrote:Actually that quest starts from one of the guys on the torture racks in Scarlet Monestary, unless I'm thinking of something else entirerly.
[right][snapback]95370[/snapback][/right]

Actually yeah, your probally right on the start, just that you have to bring a ring drop from there to someone in UC... or something like that. It's been a while since I did all of that.
"You can build a perfect machine out of imperfect parts."
-Urza

He's an old-fashioned Amish cyborg with no name. She's a virginal nymphomaniac fairy princess married to the Mob. Together, they fight crime!

The Blizzcon Class Discussion:
Crowd: "Our qq's will blot out the sun"
Warlocks: "Then we will pewpew in the shade"
LavCat,Nov 21 2005, 08:06 AM Wrote:Whit Wantmal in Darkshire.
[right][snapback]95380[/snapback][/right]

Hehe, poetry is an unannounced tradeskill in the expansion.

"How do I pwn thee? Let me count the ways!"

Anyways, me being the big explorer type that I am :rolleyes: only just discovered the nice manor house in Hillsbrad with the assassins (and landscape gardener!) in it. They even had a reputation entry for them: Ravenholdt. Who the heck are these guys?! And do you get anything interesting by getting reputation?
I hate flags

"Then Honor System came out and I had b*$@& tattoo'd on my forehead and a "kick me" sign taped to my back." - Tiku

Stormscale: Treglies, UD Mage; Treggles, 49 Orc Shaman; Tregor, semi-un-retired Druid.

Terenas (all retired): 60 Druid; 60 Shaman. (Not very creative with my character selection, am I?!Wink
Watto44,Nov 21 2005, 10:37 AM Wrote:Anyways, me being the big explorer type that I am  :rolleyes:  only just discovered the nice manor house in Hillsbrad with the assassins (and landscape gardener!) in it. They even had a reputation entry for them: Ravenholdt. Who the heck are these guys?! And do you get anything interesting by getting reputation?[right][snapback]95397[/snapback][/right]

You can't get reputation unless you're a rogue. Rogues are sent there and given a quest to obtain friendly reputation with them by pickpocketing syndicate emblems from the guys in Durnholme Keep. Apparently there is some additional content planned to follow on from this, but it isn't yet in there (unless it was that level 50 rogue quest added recently).
You don't know what you're talking about.
lfd,Nov 21 2005, 07:09 AM Wrote:You can't get reputation unless you're a rogue.  Rogues are sent there and given a quest to obtain friendly reputation with them by pickpocketing syndicate emblems from the guys in Durnholme Keep.  Apparently there is some additional content planned to follow on from this, but it isn't yet in there (unless it was that level 50 rogue quest added recently).
[right][snapback]95398[/snapback][/right]

Well, you have a lovely repeatable quest for Throwing Daggers! Just give up your junkboxes for them! That was added in at the same time as the level 50 quest.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Some more mysteries:

So what did happen at the Shady Rest Inn? -- I've done the quest series investigating the burning of the Shady Rest Inn in Dustwallow Marsh on both Horde and Alliance sides and both quest series end without the mystery being solved.

Are we ever going to rescue the 'Missing Diplomat'? -- Along those lines, is the 'Missing Diplomat' series ever going to be finished? What happened is not so much a mystery, since you can find the king of Stormwind off the coast on Alcaz Island, but still, let's see that added at some point.

What's the Silithid Goo for? -- While stirring up the silithid nest in the eastern edge of Silithus, you end up getting this "quest item" called Silithid Goo. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be anyone to give this to. (I'm guessing it's for a deprecated quest).

Whatever happened to Lord Lakmaeran? -- He was one of the first outdoor raid level bosses to be added in the beta, but to my knowledge he's never been itemized or had any quests linked to him.

What's that elf for in southern Winterspring? -- There's an elf NPC who hangs out deep in demon area of southern Winterspring. I've never heard of his been used for anything. Maybe a class quest?
MongoJerry,Nov 21 2005, 11:32 PM Wrote:So what did happen at the Shady Rest Inn? -- I've done the quest series investigating the burning of the Shady Rest Inn in Dustwallow Marsh on both Horde and Alliance sides and both quest series end without the mystery being solved.

Are we ever going to rescue the 'Missing Diplomat'? -- Along those lines, is the 'Missing Diplomat' series ever going to be finished?  What happened is not so much a mystery, since you can find the king of Stormwind off the coast on Alcaz Island, but still, let's see that added at some point.

What's the Silithid Goo for? -- While stirring up the silithid nest in the eastern edge of Silithus, you end up getting this "quest item" called Silithid Goo.  Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be anyone to give this to.  (I'm guessing it's for a deprecated quest).
[right][snapback]95443[/snapback][/right]

Oh yes! I've done all these quest-lines myself and I demand a satisfying conclusion for these. ;) I think that Silithid Goo still takes up valuable bank space.

Also, I've traded in my Essence of Eranikus for a book containing only "OoooOooOOooo..." (you get the picture), only to be told that's very interesting by some hermit in Winterspring. What's up with that? :D

-Arnulf
Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm!
Arnulf,Nov 21 2005, 10:36 PM Wrote:Oh yes! I've done all these quest-lines myself and I demand a satisfying conclusion for these. ;)  I think that Silithid Goo still takes up valuable bank space.
-Arnulf
[right][snapback]95471[/snapback][/right]

And that lead ore that I've been saving has now turned gray.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
MongoJerry,Nov 21 2005, 01:32 PM Wrote:What's that elf for in southern Winterspring? -- There's an elf NPC who hangs out deep in demon area of southern Winterspring.  I've never heard of his been used for anything.  Maybe a class quest?

Earthcaller Franzahl is for everyone's favorite one-hander.
"AND THEN THE PALADIN TOOK MY EYES!"
Forever oppressed by the GOLs.
Grom Hellscream: [Orcish] kek
MongoJerry,Nov 21 2005, 03:32 PM Wrote:What's the Silithid Goo for? -- While stirring up the silithid nest in the eastern edge of Silithus, you end up getting this "quest item" called Silithid Goo.  Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be anyone to give this to.  (I'm guessing it's for a deprecated quest).

There's speculation that this is a decoy item for the quest. Or at the very least, it's functioning as such right now. When the quest was first implemented, I saw a ton of people asking why they couldn't complete it, seeing as they'd gotten the goo.
See you in Town,
-Z
Quote:To recover from the hijack - There's this big purple sphere/dome NW of Southshore. Has anyone else noticed it?

That's the ruins of Dalaran. It fell to Arthas in WC3:ROC but I guess the wizards are back with a bigger and better shield this time.
"Just as individuals are born, mature, breed and die, so do societies, civilizations and governments."
Muad'Dib - Children of Dune
ima_nerd,Nov 22 2005, 03:31 PM Wrote:That's the ruins of Dalaran. It fell to Arthas in WC3:ROC but I guess the wizards are back with a bigger and better shield this time.
[right][snapback]95544[/snapback][/right]

I really do hope someday they allow a way to enter the shield and explore Dalaran as they rebuild it. Maybe something's amiss deep in the caverns below? *shrugs*

Another thing I thought of is the Dwarven NPC in the barrow den behind Starfall Village, or the hidden grove in the NE area of Winterspring. Both seem to scream future content.
See you in Town,
-Z
edited: double post. Deletion, por favor?
See you in Town,
-Z