Three tree rogue build
VoiceMan,Dec 22 2005, 10:25 AM Wrote:Hmmm....all good advice, for this n00b rogue.  My experience in WSG has been mostly as a druid, where I spend my time trying to avoid rogues and their stuns and sick, unrighteous, disgusting DPS.  :P  Both Ooh and Aah have originally gone with Engineering, but that can easily be changed, as it's still early.  Would Blacksmithing yield anything in the early going that would be beneficial?  I think we went Engineering to be able to create bombs, which I use now, even at 14, and find to be helpful.  It's the only real range attack I have.  Throwing my rough throwing axes dont' do enough damage to even worry about.  ;)
[right][snapback]97820[/snapback][/right]

No that single item is the only BS item to benefit a rogue. I don't think preists have fear yet, so it's not a concern for a baby rogue. Matters more at higher level. I think you can get to 225 by level 25 or so (provided you have a higher level mining alt to get you the mats... which you do).

You can stick with engineering for a while and see how useful an anti-fear trinket on a relatively long cooldown would be compared with bombs and hats. At 14 engineering is also good because it's the only headwear you can use, and the headwear provides stamina.

If you're already engineering, just keep the BS trinket in the back of your head as a possibility if the two of you are continually frustrated by fears. You'll have WOTF + Insignia of the Horde anyway for quick getting out of fear, just sometimes the complete immunity is handy at times, especially when you can put out such vicious DPS.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Concillian,Dec 22 2005, 11:45 AM Wrote:You'll have WOTF + Insignia of the Horde anyway for quick getting out of fear, just sometimes the complete immunity is handy at times, especially when you can put out such vicious DPS.
[right][snapback]97823[/snapback][/right]

These rogues are trolls so no WoTF for them. Race choice was because we want them to be recognizable as a pair. So they are white-haired troll females (never seen one of them before). I also wanted to have a troll just in case they finally buff troll racials.

Already discovered that Slice N' Dice and Berserking do not stack :(
Watto44,Dec 21 2005, 07:56 PM Wrote:Just nit-picking (since my knowledge of rogues is virtually nil) but that's probably not a good example, given that one rogue could sap the priest which would give plenty of time to take down the mage. (As long as the second rogue stayed out of nova range while the first one sapped.)

[right][snapback]97767[/snapback][/right]

True if they aren't in combat.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Concillian,Dec 23 2005, 07:02 AM Wrote:True if they aren't in combat.
[right][snapback]97827[/snapback][/right]

Bwahahahahaha, I'm an idiot. :lol: For some reason everytime I think of rogues I think of flag stealing and ze gank, so it never even crossed my mind that they might already be in combat. :whistling: Out of interest though, couldn't Blind on the priest to the same effect, just with a shorter duration?
I hate flags

"Then Honor System came out and I had b*$@& tattoo'd on my forehead and a "kick me" sign taped to my back." - Tiku

Stormscale: Treglies, UD Mage; Treggles, 49 Orc Shaman; Tregor, semi-un-retired Druid.

Terenas (all retired): 60 Druid; 60 Shaman. (Not very creative with my character selection, am I?!Wink
vor_lord,Dec 22 2005, 02:18 PM Wrote:Already discovered that Slice N' Dice and Berserking do not stack :(
[right][snapback]97826[/snapback][/right]

Really? That sucks. Maybe the new Berserk will in 1.9.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Watto44,Dec 22 2005, 01:34 PM Wrote:Bwahahahahaha, I'm an idiot.  :lol:  For some reason everytime I think of rogues I think of flag stealing and ze gank, so it never even crossed my mind that they might already be in combat.  :whistling: Out of interest though, couldn't Blind on the priest to the same effect, just with a shorter duration?
[right][snapback]97833[/snapback][/right]

Blind is only a 10 second duration (less if it breaks early), but yeah. Killing a mage in 10 seconds can be a tall order. I think the priest is more likely to go down in <10 seconds... depending entirely on how well you deal with the fear.

Mages are really good at kiting, and playing keep-away for 10 seconds is probably not so difficult.