"Your Connection has been Interrupted"
This occurs in 1.11B but has been around at least since 1.10, and I've only observed it on battle.net realms.

Many people seem to have trouble getting kicked out of their game after a period of time, after which they aren't able to rejoin any game (including their own) or make new games. I've had this happen a number of times and have noticed a pattern, though I don't know how to prevent it.

Portals are one of points in the game where the character state gets saved. Portals include the Town Portal and various map entrances, such as to a cave, crypt, or temple, or even an adjacent map. I suspect portals are linked to the problem, but I don't know if they are the cause.

Typical Case:

I play in a game for an hour or two, doing full clears and any quests that happen by. Suddenly the action freezes, but I'm still able to run around; I just can't leave the current map or active area. The action may resume after a noticeable delay, upon which all returns to "normal", but inevitably the delay will occur again. The end result, sooner or later, is that I time out and see the dreaded Connection message. Boom, I'm back in a channel.

Note that this pause is not like the lag spikes I sometimes get where the server keeps going but the client falls behind. With these pauses, everything is stopped. (I can move my character as mentioned previously, but he/she can't leave the active area and can't interact with anything.)

I try to re-join my game, but I am informed that it no longer exists. When I try to re-create the game with the same name, I am informed that a game with that name already exists. I try to create a game with a new name and end up looking at a static loading screen for about a minute, and than am greeted with "Failed to Load". No kidding. I get the same treatment if I try to join someone else's game. After about 10-15 (or maybe 30) minutes, it seems to clear up and I can create or join games again.

Upon entering a game, I check my character. Interestingly, the character's state has been reset to where it was when I entered the last portal before the game died. Any items I picked up from the time I entered the portal until the game died are gone. Same goes for any experience gained.

I've had this scenario play out countless times, and it always seems to occur after taking a portal. I can stand in one area for hours without losing the game, so long as I'm doing something once in awhile. But if I take a portal, sooner or later things go awry. It's like there's a misfire somewhere and the server fails to set a flag or something, and the game ends up shutting down without my knowing it.

Last night I tried to leave the game as soon as the first "pause" hit, thinking maybe the game wouldn't time out if I left it. Wrong. All I did was quicken my inevitable journey back to the channel. The game, it seems, was already on death row. Did leaving the game early save me from not being able to join/create games? No. Same old routine.

As I stated at the outset, this problem has existed at least since 1.10, and continues to this day. It's obviously not a problem in singleplayer, but sure gets annoying on the realms. I was || this close to solving a quest last night, after traipsing through the jungles of act 3, and got that blasted Connection message. My character's state upon entering a new game? You guessed it, exactly as it was when I entered the Spider Cave (through an entrance portal). The game let me collect items and kill monsters on my way to the sparkly chest in that cave, but apparently the server had already decided it was "game over". Sadly, there's no way I know of to pre-determine if the game is thusly judged. All I do know is that, sooner or later, taking a portal is going to end my game and I'll have to replay some amount of it to regain lost ground.
Smoketest,Dec 31 2005, 07:21 PM Wrote:This occurs in 1.11B but has been around at least since 1.10, and I've only observed it on battle.net realms.

Many people seem to have trouble getting kicked out of their game after a period of time, after which they aren't able to rejoin any game (including their own) or make new games. I've had this happen a number of times and have noticed a pattern, though I don't know how to prevent it.
[right][snapback]98415[/snapback][/right]
I have figured out a way to deal with the message "FAILED TO JOIN GAME".
When u get the message:
1) change char
2) join a game (don't make one yourself)
3) exit the game and change to the char which got the message
4) join the same game that u entered with the another char (i sugggest that u type the game name in the box given)
5) Vóila, you can enter games again

(Althought it doesn't seem to work always and there is no proof that this works)

Smoketest,Dec 31 2005, 07:21 PM Wrote:Portals are one of points in the game where the character state gets saved. Portals include the Town Portal and various map entrances, such as to a cave, crypt, or temple, or even an adjacent map. I suspect portals are linked to the problem, but I don't know if they are the cause.
You might want to check this thread too

Smoketest,Dec 31 2005, 07:21 PM Wrote:Typical Case:

I play in a game for an hour or two, doing full clears and any quests that happen by. Suddenly the action freezes, but I'm still able to run around; I just can't leave the current map or active area. The action may resume after a noticeable delay, upon which all returns to "normal", but inevitably the delay will occur again. The end result, sooner or later, is that I time out and see the dreaded Connection message. Boom, I'm back in a channel.

Note that this pause is not like the lag spikes I sometimes get where the server keeps going but the client falls behind. With these pauses, everything is stopped. (I can move my character as mentioned previously, but he/she can't leave the active area and can't interact with anything.)

I try to re-join my game, but I am informed that it no longer exists. When I try to re-create the game with the same name, I am informed that a game with that name already exists. I try to create a game with a new name and end up looking at a static loading screen for about a minute, and than am greeted with "Failed to Load". No kidding. I get the same treatment if I try to join someone else's game. After about 10-15 (or maybe 30) minutes, it seems to clear up and I can create or join games again.

I've had this scenario play out countless times, and it always seems to occur after taking a portal. I can stand in one area for hours without losing the game, so long as I'm doing something once in awhile. But if I take a portal, sooner or later things go awry. It's like there's a misfire somewhere and the server fails to set a flag or something, and the game ends up shutting down without my knowing it.

Last night I tried to leave the game as soon as the first "pause" hit, thinking maybe the game wouldn't time out if I left it. Wrong. All I did was quicken my inevitable journey back to the channel. The game, it seems, was already on death row. Did leaving the game early save me from not being able to join/create games? No. Same old routine.
This "connnection failure" seems to be different for everybody (I mean how often it happens to everybody)
For myself, I have had very few errors since patch 1.11 came, only two or three...
But one of my friend in Diablo seems to have these problems almost every half-a-hour. Strange huh? :unsure:
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that
counts."
- Winston Churchill
I had this happen to my lev89 necro last night, where I could not
rejoin game. Then, it was game does not exist. Had been playing about 3 hours in 1 game. Lost Halaberd's Reign to that one.

I have it even worse, i get kicked out when ever i reach 6 mana,
or a half minute. Well i hope it does'nt have anything to do with the new cd i bought, i bought a new box set cause of minor scratches. Well if i could afford a monthly fee i would probly buy something like a new system. Better yet go swimming where i dont have to be the first 7 in line to swim for free. I bought it cause it could play music and diablo 2. Last night it kept saying that i was allready using the cd? Was a friend useing my password or account? Well playing for only a minute or so is not worth the agro. Well im giving the game up if its not fixed by tomorrow.

(The only way to fix it it seems is to take the cd bend it in half and log on to runescape.)

SarahBelam.

SarahBelam,Apr 13 2006, 10:32 PM Wrote:I have it even worse, i get kicked out when ever i reach 6 mana,
or a half minute.  Well i hope it does'nt have anything to do with the new cd i bought, i bought a new box set cause of minor scratches. Well if i could afford a monthly fee i would probly buy something like a new system. Better yet go swimming where i dont have to be the first 7 in line to swim for free. I bought it cause it could play music and diablo 2. Last night it kept saying that i was allready using the cd?  Was a friend useing my password or account? Well playing for only a minute or so is not worth the agro. Well im giving the game up if its not fixed by tomorrow.   

(The only way to fix it it seems is to take the cd bend it in half and log on to runescape.)

SarahBelam.
[right][snapback]107142[/snapback][/right]

Hmm, if it is battle net saying the CD key is already in use, someone might have bought it, installed diablo 2, and then returned it to the store?(because their old cd key got banned or something or whatever, and then used their old disk to play)
So what do i do?.......i dont have receipt anymore.

I dont think blizzard is just going to fix my problem, im just one player, they all ready

have my money. It's like the governent says, (in private), you need a quota of death

before we change the dangerous intersetion.

Sarah Belam
SarahBelam,Apr 13 2006, 09:32 PM Wrote:Last night it kept saying that i was allready using the cd?  Was a friend useing my password or account? Well playing for only a minute or so is not worth the agro. Well im giving the game up if its not fixed by tomorrow.    

SarahBelam.
[right][snapback]107142[/snapback][/right]
No, a friend is most likely NOT using the account.

I get that message frequently, in odd times and places when switching characters. I also get it now and again after a game drop during a team game.

What you do is you exit, close Diablo II (exit all the way out to your desktop), wait about a minute, and then re enter battlenet. Almost every time, that solves it. If not, same procedure, wait five minutes.

I think most of this is tied to dupe and bot protection features of bnet, 1.10 implementations, and if your connection skips a few packets, the server gets what appears, as best I can fathom, duplicate instances of you and tells you that you have been naughty, when in fact you have not.

Caution, if you get a lot of game crashes in a session, the server will sometimes think you are inducing them, and you will get a different message that means you are in a 2 hour or so penalty box. I have had that happen twice when I was refreshing a few mules for a team. I am fairly certain that the rapid change of characters and accounts tripped a flag, and told bnet I was behaving similar to a bot.

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Well im not getting kicked out of a game after a minute anymore.

Who ever fixed the problem thanks!

Sarah Belam.
(12-31-2005, 07:21 PM)Smoketest Wrote: This occurs in 1.11B but has been around at least since 1.10, and I've only observed it on battle.net realms.

Portals are one of points in the game where the character state gets saved. Portals include the Town Portal and various map entrances, such as to a cave, crypt, or temple, or even an adjacent map. I suspect portals are linked to the problem, but I don't know if they are the cause.

Typical Case:

Upon entering a game, I check my character. Interestingly, the character's state has been reset to where it was when I entered the last portal before the game died. Any items I picked up from the time I entered the portal until the game died are gone. Same goes for any experience gained.

As I stated at the outset, this problem has existed at least since 1.10, and continues to this day. It's obviously not a problem in singleplayer, but sure gets annoying on the realms. I was || this close to solving a quest last night, after traipsing through the jungles of act 3, and got that blasted Connection message. My character's state upon entering a new game? You guessed it, exactly as it was when I entered the Spider Cave (through an entrance portal). The game let me collect items and kill monsters on my way to the sparkly chest in that cave, but apparently the server had already decided it was "game over". Sadly, there's no way I know of to pre-determine if the game is thusly judged. All I do know is that, sooner or later, taking a portal is going to end my game and I'll have to replay some amount of it to regain lost ground.

Blizzard is laughing its dentures out over this. I swear. Last time I got this error, I could have sworn there was a screen for a fraction of a second with maniacal laughter in it. Kinda like Baal's laugh, only more haunting.
I still get kicked from games now and again, when swapping gems too quickly between stash and inv, tossing runes to quickly onto the ground in town, or switching numerous pots twixt inv and stash.

IIRC, this has to do with them dealing with an old duping exploit, but memory does not serve.

Still annoying, after all these years. :p
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete