Relic Slot coming in 1.10
Tuftears,Feb 10 2006, 03:21 PM Wrote:I think it's more likely that it sets the cooldown timer at the time that you actually use the skill...  Thus you only need to have a reincarnation totem equipped before a fight where you suspect you might die.

Knowing which ones those are, now that's the question.
[right][snapback]101781[/snapback][/right]

Well assuming it's like a bow and can be equipped in combat like everything else in that slot you only need to put it on just before you die in a case like that. That makes it much more valuable. Drop your +8 int off put that on when things look bad, die self rez and have a shorter timer. Put the other one back on after you rez up.

I agree that I figure it works like you think tufty.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Good point re: relics being switchable in combat. :) That seems likely too.
Tuftears,Feb 10 2006, 03:24 PM Wrote:Good point re: relics being switchable in combat. :)  That seems likely too.
[right][snapback]101783[/snapback][/right]

Can you equip Egan's Blaster in combat? That would tell us if the "in-combat-switchable" flag is tied to the ranged slot, or to the item type (weapons).
Xanthix,Feb 10 2006, 03:39 PM Wrote:Can you equip Egan's Blaster in combat? That would tell us if the "in-combat-switchable" flag is tied to the ranged slot, or to the item type (weapons).
[right][snapback]101787[/snapback][/right]

Yes, you can.
See you in Town,
-Z
No +stats on the sample items has made a bit of an uproar. Afterall, the main complaint from the hybrid classes is that other classes can equip a ranged weapon just for the +stats, even if they use it infrequently, wheras we lose out on possible stat increases because of this...
Onyxia:
Kichebo - 85 NE Druid

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Trien,Feb 10 2006, 05:03 PM Wrote:No +stats on the sample items has made a bit of an uproar.

The key phrase here is "sample items." We don't know what else will be there.
MongoJerry,Feb 10 2006, 06:51 PM Wrote:The key phrase here is "sample items."  We don't know what else will be there.
[right][snapback]101797[/snapback][/right]

I understand that completely. And like I said, I don't mean to look a gift horse in the mouth. ANYTHING is better than nothing.

Now I'll just wait patiently for my idol that adds "up to 597" to each Wrath I cast. *grins*
See you in Town,
-Z
New example:

Quote: Here's another relic going into patch 1.10:

Totem of Rage

Increases damage done by Earth Shock, Flame Shock, and Frost Shock by up to 30.

Link!

Me likey for PvP/farming. Two questions: Where can I get one? And is "up to 30" adjusted for the instant cast multiplier? Or is it just like that for lower rank spells?
Yeah, I start to wonder if Blizzard is going a bit over the top with some of this. I like the looks of what I've seen, but all I really wanted was some stats, which is what I mostly use the slot for on my warriors and rogues. Sure I use the bow or gun or whatever that is in that slot at times but I understand why I don't have that utility on a druid, paladin or shaman. Maybe they are trying to compensate for the fact that those classes can't shoot a bow/wand/gun with some of this, but I'd almost be happier with just some simple stat stuff. It just worries me about the further itemization power creep and imbalance. Oh well. I'll still take it.
---
There are a couple of Idols that drop from Magmus (elemental in the room between Lyceum and Emperor in BRD):

Shaman:
Totem of Rage:
Increases damage from shocks by up to 30

Pally:
Libram of Truth:
Increases armor provided by Devotion Aura by 55

http://wow.allakhazam.com/db/mob.html?wmob=9938

Interesting that the Golem Skull helm got moved to him too.

Druid Idol in BRD too, off Lord Roccor:
http://wow.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?witem=22397

Idol of Ferocity:
Reduces the energy cost of Claw and Rake by 3.

Anyway, the druid and shammy ones are pretty nice, I would hope there are better ones for pallies though.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
The Idol of Ferocity is ridiculously solo-able, which is nice for people like me who want instant gratification. Hopefully the price of Recipe: Smoking Heart of the Mountain should drop as well, since Roccor is no longer a rare spawn.
I hate flags

"Then Honor System came out and I had b*$@& tattoo'd on my forehead and a "kick me" sign taped to my back." - Tiku

Stormscale: Treglies, UD Mage; Treggles, 49 Orc Shaman; Tregor, semi-un-retired Druid.

Terenas (all retired): 60 Druid; 60 Shaman. (Not very creative with my character selection, am I?!Wink
Watto44,Apr 3 2006, 07:16 PM Wrote:The Idol of Ferocity is ridiculously solo-able, which is nice for people like me who want instant gratification. Hopefully the price of Recipe: Smoking Heart of the Mountain should drop as well, since Roccor is no longer a rare spawn.
[right][snapback]106142[/snapback][/right]

For those (like me) who are really bad with names, can you describe who and where Roccor is? :)

I've done BRD a crap load of times for many many reasons and that just isn't ringing any bells. Is he the golem back in that room just after the fire lizard boss dude?
---
Gnollguy,Apr 4 2006, 01:20 AM Wrote:I've done BRD a crap load of times for many many reasons and that just isn't ringing any bells.  Is he the golem back in that room just after the fire lizard boss dude?
[right][snapback]106149[/snapback][/right]

No, that sounds like Panzor the Invincible. Lord Roccor is a (formerly rare, now permanent) rock elemental spawn back towards the start near the jail area. Looks like one of Garr's adds. I'm not sure what his exact patrol route is now - it changed in the patch - but it used to take him into the large cavern just past where you'd normally turn left through the shadowforge-key-locked-door into the room with the shadowforge lock.
You don't know what you're talking about.
He now patrols the backside of the Ring of Law. Best way to solo him is to sneak around the guards and avoid the hound patrols until you get to the entrance that leads to the Houndmaster, then wait for Roccor to path by and moonfire him toward you. Then gnawgnawgnaw.

Took me 5 tries before I got the Idol. We got two formulas for the Smoking Heart of the Mountain, though.