Relic Slot coming in 1.10
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.a...p=1#post6999532

Eyonix:
Quote: We're in the process of implementing a relic slot for the Paladin, Shaman and Druid. Ideally, this will be live upon the release of patch 1.10. Basically, this slot will allow these three classes to equip a relic item, since currently these classes are unable to reap the statistical benefits associated with equiping a ranged weapon...and we're tired of seeing you run around with Egan's Blaster. ;)
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Concillian,Feb 6 2006, 06:50 PM Wrote:http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.a...p=1#post6999532

Eyonix:
[right][snapback]101365[/snapback][/right]

Egan's Blaster RULES.
"AND THEN THE PALADIN TOOK MY EYES!"
Forever oppressed by the GOLs.
Grom Hellscream: [Orcish] kek
Bout freekin time.

Anything that keeps people hittin that feederbar..... Thottn at work to see which would be best with thier current setup, 10-15 scholo runs for the one that gives nature resist for AQ.... that's really why most are playing the game 1 year on.
Thank god.
See you in Town,
-Z
Sample items!
But do they actually shoot anything? I was under the impression that an item in the ranged weapon slot would be a weapon. And ranged.
----
"To be is to do - Socrates. To do is to be - Jean-Paul Sartre. Do be do be do - Frank Sinatra." - Kurt Vonnegut
TFLlama,Feb 9 2006, 09:17 AM Wrote:But do they actually shoot anything?  I was under the impression that an item in the ranged weapon slot would be a weapon.  And ranged.
[right][snapback]101653[/snapback][/right]
Yes, you can shoot in your own feet and thus start the following effects: ;)

Quote:Druid

Idol of Rejuvination
Relic
Requires level 57
Equip: Increases the healing per 3 seconds on your Rejuvenation by up to 10

Shaman

Totem of Rebirth
Relic
Requires level 57
Equip: Reduces the cooldown of your Reincarnation ability by 10 minutes.

Paladin

Libram of Hope
Relic
Requires level 57
Equip: Reduces the mana cost of your Seal spells by 20
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
TFLlama,Feb 9 2006, 04:17 AM Wrote:But do they actually shoot anything?  I was under the impression that an item in the ranged weapon slot would be a weapon.  And ranged.
[right][snapback]101653[/snapback][/right]

No, Blizzard said long ago they didn't want to do this.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Not to look a gift horse in the mouth... but doesn't the Rejuvenation idol seem a little underwhelming?

I hope the bonus ignores the duration of the spell, because Rejuvenation only receives 80% of +healing gear total. The idol is phrased with the same "up to" wording as other modifiers, which worries me. This would mean 8 extra healing per tick for 4 ticks... or 32 hitpoints total.
See you in Town,
-Z
Zarathustra,Feb 9 2006, 09:22 AM Wrote:Not to look a gift horse in the mouth... but doesn't the Rejuvenation idol seem a little underwhelming?

I hope the bonus ignores the duration of the spell, because Rejuvenation only receives 80% of +healing gear total.  The idol is phrased with the same "up to" wording as other modifiers, which worries me.  This would mean 8 extra healing per tick for 4 ticks... or 32 hitpoints total.
[right][snapback]101674[/snapback][/right]
That totem of rebirth for the shaman is pretty sucky too.

At least the druid thing doesn't say just +healing, it said the healing per 3 seconds, so that would be up to 10 for each tick, which is slightly better. Of course, since the link in the one post takes me to a blank topic/post, I only have the quoted text here to go on.
Intolerant monkey.
Zarathustra,Feb 9 2006, 03:22 PM Wrote:Not to look a gift horse in the mouth... but doesn't the Rejuvenation idol seem a little underwhelming?
I bet stronger versions can be found for hardcore raiders in MC, BWL, ZG, AQ & Co,. as always ;)
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
They all seem underwhelming, especially considering other classes can get stuff like +22 AP +1% hit from their ranged slot...
Luminon,Feb 9 2006, 11:35 AM Wrote:They all seem underwhelming, especially considering other classes can get stuff like +22 AP +1% hit from their ranged slot...
[right][snapback]101701[/snapback][/right]

From one of the better epics...

There was no mention as to whether this was a green item, blue item or purple item, just an example. If I were in their position, I'd rather publicize mediocre, relatively easy to get items, rather than the ultra-rare bestest items.

If you publicize the great stuff, people will expect to log into 1.10 and get one of those in a few days, then they would be disappointed that they really can only get something mediocre from normal 5 man runs, and the publicized items are really a 3% drop from Nef.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Treesh,Feb 9 2006, 07:41 AM Wrote:That totem of rebirth for the shaman is pretty sucky too. 
[right][snapback]101678[/snapback][/right]

I dunno.... if it only needs to be equipped during the 10 min it is needed, it doesn't sound too bad. I have lost track of the times a shaman popping and starting an avalanche of resses has saved an encounter.

The time it is needed = 30-40 min after the last pop (with talents) or 50-60 (with out).

I'd say this is on par with 4mana/5sec, which is a lvl60 blue.
I could be wrong, but the shaman totem would let a specced up shaman pop every 30 minutes wouldn't it?

Assuming that it's a blue item, I think it'd be pretty handy for the five man instances. (Blue is a fairly safe assumption, in my opinion, given the level requirement.)

Again assuming the druid item is a blue item, that's very handy for five man instances where rejuvination is fantastic. That's the equivalent of +50 healing on my rejuvination. (On a side note, that would also be quite handy for me personally in PvP where I use rejuv to mitigate DoTs and pet damage. I'm assuming there are other alternatives out there which will probably get equiped over this though. :D )

As for the paladin one....I know nothing about paladins. Can someone enlighten me? :)

While none of the relics are particularly spectacular, I'm pleased by them in a quiet way. Of course, that could all change if I find out there aren't any decent alternatives across all strata: blue, MC epic and BWL epic. It would also be nice to see some green versions available for when I'm leveling my alts. :)
I hate flags

"Then Honor System came out and I had b*$@& tattoo'd on my forehead and a "kick me" sign taped to my back." - Tiku

Stormscale: Treglies, UD Mage; Treggles, 49 Orc Shaman; Tregor, semi-un-retired Druid.

Terenas (all retired): 60 Druid; 60 Shaman. (Not very creative with my character selection, am I?!Wink
Watto44,Feb 9 2006, 06:08 PM Wrote:As for the paladin one....I know nothing about paladins. Can someone enlighten me? :)
[right][snapback]101729[/snapback][/right]

Top rank seals are 200-210 mana. Lower rank seal of command (which many people still use when they have no plans to judge it) runs 65 mana. Knocking 20 mana off that is significant. Not huge but noticable. If you do a lot of seal judge seal every 8 to 10 seconds (depends on if you have the judgement talent) you are saving a decent bit of mana. Since a lot of paladins will run low mana because they don't want to give up too much in the way of melee AP and crit (since so much of their damage comes from physical melee attacks) it helps.

I'd of course be happy with 5 intellect +5 stamina as well. Heck my warrior uses gorewood mostly for the stats, 9 stam, 3 str, 2 agi. I'd take a relic like that on my paladin just for something to to put in that slot. 20 mana less on my seals helps a paladin as much as that bow helps my warrior most of the time, maybe more.

In my mind even underwhelming stuff is still way way better than nothing. If the best one out there was +1 stam that would still be 1 stam I had no way of getting at all before.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
3 Free ranks of Benediction. Yes, please.
Zarathustra,Feb 9 2006, 10:22 AM Wrote:Not to look a gift horse in the mouth... but doesn't the Rejuvenation idol seem a little underwhelming?
[right][snapback]101674[/snapback][/right]

I disagree. I would interpret "Increases the healing per 3 seconds on your Rejuvenation by up to 10" as increasing each tick of Rejuv by 10, for a total of +40. This is equivalent to +40 healing power, for that one spell.

The highest +healing on a green wand is +33, but that was revealed to be too high due to a bug and is now unattainable. Therefore +40 to a commonly-used instant-cast HoT seems pretty good to me, although I don't have a druid main character.
Watto44,Feb 9 2006, 03:08 PM Wrote:I could be wrong, but the shaman totem would let a specced up shaman pop every 30 minutes wouldn't it?
[right][snapback]101729[/snapback][/right]

Yeah, maybe I wasn't clear. The slot would be much more useful if you could do something like:

Equip your green +8 to heals totem.
Die.
Play for 30 min.
Equip your blue ressurection totem.
Play for 10 min. If you die during this time, ressurection is available.
If you die or if the 10 min is up, reequip the green totem.

If you had to equip it all the time, it would be much less valuable.
I think it's more likely that it sets the cooldown timer at the time that you actually use the skill... Thus you only need to have a reincarnation totem equipped before a fight where you suspect you might die.

Knowing which ones those are, now that's the question.