Still Living off the Land
It's not too hard to find some of the better books when playing a regular sorceror, due to that witch Adria. But I'm finding it incredibly hard to find books of the higher spells. Most namely fireball, chain lightning, teleport, and golem.

Where are my chances to find such things greatest?

Thanks,
Natnit
~NatNit~

NatAmused(LoL) - LoL Mage (26)
NaughtyNat(LoL) - LoL Rogue (12)
FuzzyNat(LEM) - Lemming (11)
NatNit - Arty Sorc (36)
NakeyNat(NM) - Naked Mage (14)
SailorNat(BNM) - Beyond Naked Mage (9)
well, read Jarulfs guide on item drops, books have an item level, and for a monster to be able to drop it it has to ahve a higher monster level value. for a bookcase it would be dungeon level instead.

This practically means:
mana shield/stone curse 6
fireball 8
golem 11
teleport 14

that's the important ones i know, i suppose CL is 11 too. of course item level 9 and up have to be dropped from monsters.

edit wrong examples... this is not a really good explanation btw, read the guide on the subject.
Characters: Standard Diablo Rogues: 'Paardenpoep' l36, 'Purechocolade' l31; Sorcerers 'Toverkol' l40, 'Zwarte Piet' l32, 'ZureHaring' l28 (no fb), Warrior 'Klotebeest' l29, LoL characters: rogues 'Roggebrood' l26 and 'Ironvrouw' l7, sorcerer ToverLol l20, warrior LolleBolleGijs l16 ironman character name 'Ironlady', read Toverlol's journey log
You're right. Been doing dlvl 8 runs for fireball and CL, but nothing yet.

Does anyone have a figure for average number of book cases + skeleton tomes on Cats 8? Or how would I go finding it?

@ Toverkol: Did my solo 1@26. Maybe I'll write it up in this thread later tonight. :)
~NatNit~

NatNit - Arty Sorc (36)
update

managed to level 20, delved into caves for the first time.
Characters: Standard Diablo Rogues: 'Paardenpoep' l36, 'Purechocolade' l31; Sorcerers 'Toverkol' l40, 'Zwarte Piet' l32, 'ZureHaring' l28 (no fb), Warrior 'Klotebeest' l29, LoL characters: rogues 'Roggebrood' l26 and 'Ironvrouw' l7, sorcerer ToverLol l20, warrior LolleBolleGijs l16 ironman character name 'Ironlady', read Toverlol's journey log
Sorry to be a thread necromancer but I figured that most people who play the LOL varaint read new posts in this thread and don't deem it important enough to start a new one. I think it would be a good idea for everyone who is playing LOL characters to all play in the same place. Like a shared game name//password perhaps LOL//legit. Just a thought seeing as playing by yourself can get slightly boring after a while. It would make finding other players to play with alot easier.
hmmm, i tend to look at the Diablo-le log for any names to play with, open games with names and pws free to find on the inet do not have my support.
And im a bit in doubt about the fun of playing this variant together, must admit i havent done it much, but considering the supplies will be halved as are the drops and identifies, it makes me in doubt how much i would like this, for multiplayer diablo i think i prefer either normal or ironman. just my 2 cents, and however willing to start a new lol char (or pick up my second rogue) for this, but i think i'll keep my higher lvl LoL chars pure.

I dont mind you highjacking this thread a veyr little bit, it is not mine, and a bit of advertisement is never wrong.
Toverkol,May 20 2006, 08:37 AM Wrote:hmmm, i tend to look at the Diablo-le log for any names to play with, open games with names and pws free to find on the inet do not have my support.
And im a bit in doubt about the fun of playing this variant together, must admit i havent done it much, but considering the supplies will be halved as are the drops and identifies, it makes me in doubt how much i would like this, for multiplayer diablo i think i prefer either normal or ironman. just my 2 cents, and however willing to start a new lol char (or pick up my second rogue) for this, but i think i'll keep my higher lvl LoL chars pure.

I dont mind you highjacking this thread a veyr little bit, it is not mine, and a bit of advertisement is never wrong.
[right][snapback]110393[/snapback][/right]

Supplies are halved, but OTOH if you die there is someone there who can actually resurrect you. If you die in a solo LoL game, you lose all of your equipped gear (unless you died on 16) and anything you had left in town. Plus, 2 or 3 players who work well together can kill enemies a lot more efficiently than 1 (unless the characters are all sorcerers, of course). Still, I wouldn't want to do this with people who are basically strangers. But I used to play with a set of "group-pure" LoLs from Variants channel... people with whom I was playing Diablo on a daily basis anyway, and it was quite fun while it lasted.
Quote:Supplies are halved, but OTOH if you die there is someone there who can actually resurrect you. If you die in a solo LoL game, you lose all of your equipped gear (unless you died on 16) and anything you had left in town. Plus, 2 or 3 players who work well together can kill enemies a lot more efficiently than 1 (unless the characters are all sorcerers, of course). Still, I wouldn't want to do this with people who are basically strangers. But I used to play with a set of "group-pure" LoLs from Variants channel... people with whom I was playing Diablo on a daily basis anyway, and it was quite fun while it lasted.

So any interest left in this? I'm thinking of dusting off the old LoL chars, and I'd hate to be alone.:)
~NatNit~

NatNit - Arty Sorc (36)
I just recently started up a couple LoL characters, and I'm playing solo on b.net (for the most part because no one else plays LoL so far.)

I usually create an unpassworded game called "Living-off-the-Land".

A player that goes by the name of <name removed> (also known as The Langolier) over here, messaged me about it, and I was wondering if anyone else wanted to play some LoL on B.net.

If so, come to channel Diablo LE on USEast, and we can get to ripping some monsters without the use of town :D