Genesis Raiment - AQ Druid Set
Rudishoes,Feb 15 2006, 08:41 PM Wrote:Someone defenitly doesn't play a feral druid. Sure, we have 1.0 speed. But we can backstab two or three (or four with a wolfshead helm) times as fast as a rogue can. :P

Bear tanking is a completely different issue too. This belt is absolutely stunning for it. The agility adds a ton of armor and dodge, and crit, and the boatloads of stamina doesn't hurt either.
[right][snapback]102109[/snapback][/right]

I do, though he's only level 44, going for the 0/30/21 build (and I so want that helm). What I meant to say was that at 60 you're stuck with the same weapons so gear with feral stats is nice but limited in potential.
Which is why there's a weapon that adds +280 attack power in feral forms...

Comes from the quest Imperial Qiraji Regalia in AQ40.
Tuftears,Feb 15 2006, 10:39 PM Wrote:Which is why there's a weapon that adds +280 attack power in feral forms...

Comes from the quest Imperial Qiraji Regalia in AQ40.
[right][snapback]102126[/snapback][/right]

:wub:
MongoJerry,Feb 14 2006, 01:05 PM Wrote:Definitely.  Finally, a set of +damage/healing gear for which shadow priests don't have to compete with mages or warlocks!
[right][snapback]101956[/snapback][/right]

You couldn't be more wrong. I invite you to take a look at the quests here: http://wow.allakhazam.com/search.html?q=...e%20oracle

You will notice that priests share drops with 4 other classes for every single one of them. And the real kicker is that to get the headpiece you have to kill the twin emperors. Last time my guild banged our heads against them, they were harder than Nefarian. To get the leggings you have to kill Ouro the sandworm which is the second to final boss in AQ40 and I presume that he requires nature resist gear up the wazoo in addition to probably just being hard. And of course for the robes you need that husk of the old god (99.99% certain that's from C'thun himself) which is pretty much the WoW equivalent of pure Unobtainium at the moment.
I would guess that unless you get a lot of Brood of Noz rep in the hives, the rep will be as big of a problem as the purple drops. By the time you spend enough time in AQ40 to have sufficient rep, most people will have a purple drop, I think, because they look like nearly a 100% drop. Also, resto druids and holy/disc priests who aren't into PvP will proabably let these items slide, because they are pretty much sidegrades for them compared to the BWL set.

Now the imperial qiraji items on the other hand.... those have a much lower drop rate, and will probably be in very very high demand. They don't seem to have a rep requirement as well.

Edit: And the weapons from AQ20 might be just as hard. The drop rate is not great, and people will have a big headstart on the rep.
oldmandennis,Feb 16 2006, 11:50 AM Wrote:I would guess that unless you get a lot of Brood of Noz rep in the hives, the rep will be as big of a problem as the purple drops.  By the time you spend enough time in AQ40 to have sufficient rep, most people will have a purple drop, I think, because they look like nearly a 100% drop.  Also, resto druids and holy/disc priests who aren't into PvP will proabably let these items slide, because they are pretty much sidegrades for them compared to the BWL set.

There are reports of people farming the 10-hour gate openning event and getting as high as Revered with the Brood of Noz. Mind you, that's a group farming the event the entire time, but I have a feeling that the reputation requirement isn't going to be a major stumbling block.
MongoJerry,Feb 16 2006, 06:44 PM Wrote:There are reports of people farming the 10-hour gate openning event and getting as high as Revered with the Brood of Noz.  Mind you, that's a group farming the event the entire time, but I have a feeling that the reputation requirement isn't going to be a major stumbling block.
[right][snapback]102223[/snapback][/right]
Mongo, that was apparantly a bug that has since been fixed. When the SR gates opened, people were saying that the highest you could get on bug kills during the event was neutral.

I farmed for around 1.5-2 hours, with a small group, and ended up with about 1500 rep total for the event. AQ40 seems to be the only sensible way to get the rep needed for these items.
Reputation is not a problem. We're on our third week through AQ40 and we already have a few people who have hit friendly. In addition to 100 reputation for most of the trash mobs in AQ40, you get a quest item from each boss that gives 500 when turned in and occasionally mobs drop a random quest item that gives another 1000.

I'm personally saving all my quest items for the time when trash don't give reputation any more so I can boost myself all the way to revered or something.
Lissa,Feb 14 2006, 12:02 PM Wrote:They're placeholder graphics.  They'll redo the look sometime down the road.  This is the way it was with the Tier 2s until they recently updated those (the Nemesis Skull cap and the Halo of Trancendence were both Turbans, one red and the other yellow repectively).
[right][snapback]101997[/snapback][/right]

Nope. Those are the finalized graphics.

Here's a shot I cooked up of the Genesis set (minus the helm which I'll be hiding), Flayed Doomguard Belt, Taut Dragonhide Gauntlets, and the Staff of the Shadow Flame.

[Image: svetok0014sq.th.jpg]

Yeah, my Druid's going to be styling.
See you in Town,
-Z
Infophreak,Feb 17 2006, 12:02 AM Wrote:Reputation is not a problem. We're on our third week through AQ40 and we already have a few people who have hit friendly. In addition to 100 reputation for most of the trash mobs in AQ40, you get a quest item from each boss that gives 500 when turned in and occasionally mobs drop a random quest item that gives another 1000.

Thanks for the info. Are you guys fighting alot over the purple set creating items(well not fighting necessairly, but bidding them outragously), or are the people who are well served by their MC/BWL sets letting the items go to feral druids and shadow priests?

I guess I just assumed that the trash would be in the 2-20 range like other dungeons, and was not expecting to be off by an order of magnitude.

Quote:I'm personally saving all my quest items for the time when trash don't give reputation any more so I can boost myself all the way to revered or something.
[right][snapback]102264[/snapback][/right]

I've got stacks and stacks of encrypted texts in my inventory for just that reason with CC.