Genesis Raiment - AQ Druid Set
The probably best (Feral) Druid set is now available to those who have opened the Ahn'Qiraj gates already, and - unlike MC or BWL T1 and T2 sets - it doesn't require you to kill Super-Boss XYZ over and over until you have completed it. The set can be farmed solely through reputation with the "Brood of Nozdormu":

Genesis Raiment (on Allakhazam.com)

Genesis Raiment (on Thottbot.com)

Picture: Genesis combined with Cenarion parts, the Cloak of the Golden Hive, and the Blessed Qiraji War Hammer :D

[Image: WoW_Genesis_Cenarion_Tauren_Druid.jpg]
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
The Brood of Nozdormu faction rewards are like those of Zandalar (where you have to farm ZG for rep/coins/bijous/hakkaris).

For Nozdormu, you can get some of the Scarabs in Silithus, or either AQ. Idols look like they're both AQ20 and AQ40. The epic pieces, though, look like they all come from AQ40 bosses. Faction mostly comes from AQ40, I believe.

There's also some Cenarion Circle rewards "Infinite Wisdom", "Unyeilding Strength", etc, that are cloak/ring/weapon rewards. Same Idols and Scarabs, but the final piece comes from AQ20 bosses. Faction comes from AQ20 or outside Silithus quests.

There's also another CC set (the Battlegear) that requires either Silithus questing or farming multiple times for Combat/Tactics/Logistics badges, and also need CC faction, for various rewards at Friendly/Honored/Revered/Exalted.

Of course, seeing some of the drop info from AQ40 ... looks like the best Feral (tank at least) stuff is simple, non-set, drops in there. Got multiple leather items with +dodge on them, at least.

Edit: Hmm, while looking through Allakhazam I saw this: Thick Qirajihide Belt.

All I can say is: huh?
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Quark,Feb 13 2006, 02:33 PM Wrote:Edit:  Hmm, while looking through Allakhazam I saw this: Thick Qirajihide Belt.

All I can say is: huh?
[right][snapback]101904[/snapback][/right]
Note the +186 Armor :)
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
nobbie,Feb 13 2006, 09:47 AM Wrote:Note the +186 Armor :)
[right][snapback]101906[/snapback][/right]

Which I'm sure would make every bear druid would look at it aside from the 1% chance to parry. ;)

Though I have heard rumors that the chance to parry helps a bear tank's defense modifiers despite their lack of a parry ability in bear form. :)
Don't get too excited, druid weapon damage is still fixed at 52-74 and with 1.00 speed there's only so much attack power can do about that. yay for blizzard finally taking hybrids seriously though, I hear the priests are happy with their AQ set as well.

Oh, and here it is on a Night Elf:

[Image: genesis22wu.jpg]
nobbie,Feb 13 2006, 06:17 AM Wrote:The probably best (Feral) Druid set is now available to those who have opened the Ahn'Qiraj gates already, and - unlike MC or BWL T1 and T2 sets - it doesn't require you to kill Super-Boss XYZ over and over until you have completed it. The set can be farmed solely through reputation with the "Brood of Nozdormu":

Not quite, Nobbie. To get each piece of your 5-piece epic AQ set, you don't just need BoN faction - you also need a purple "quest item" to turn in at the NPCs who give you the armour. These items come off bosses in the last half of the zone, and the items needed for the chestpieces of each set come off the very last boss of the Temple of Ahn'Qiraj.

No less boss farming is needed for these sets than for any others.
Skandranon,Feb 13 2006, 07:34 PM Wrote:No less boss farming is needed for these sets than for any others.
*grml* :)
Luminon,Feb 13 2006, 10:14 AM Wrote:yay for blizzard finally taking hybrids seriously though, I hear the priests are happy with their AQ set as well.

Definitely. Finally, a set of +damage/healing gear for which shadow priests don't have to compete with mages or warlocks!
Does this look like a clown suit to anyone else besides me?
I wish they'd add some variety in the armor models. Every type of these (cloth, leather, mail, and plate) look exactly the same with a recolor. I'd like to look at least a little different besides color.
Stormrage
Raelynn - Gnome Warlock - Herbalism/Alchemy
Markuun - Tauren Shaman - Skinning/Leatherworking
Aredead - Undead Mage - Tailoring/Enchanting

Dethecus
Gutzmek - Orc Shaman - Skinning/Leatherworking
Raelynn,Feb 14 2006, 09:34 AM Wrote:I wish they'd add some variety in the armor models.  Every type of these (cloth, leather, mail, and plate) look exactly the same with a recolor.  I'd like to look at least a little different besides color.
[right][snapback]101964[/snapback][/right]

At least they don't have the bug eyes anymore. And the Rogue set isn't bright pink anymore.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Quark,Feb 14 2006, 10:42 AM Wrote:At least they don't have the bug eyes anymore.  And the Rogue set isn't bright pink anymore.
[right][snapback]101965[/snapback][/right]

All I can say is they make the wrath and netherwind sets look good. :blink:
[Image: 21740hrsxL.png]
Quark,Feb 14 2006, 10:42 AM Wrote:At least they don't have the bug eyes anymore.  And the Rogue set isn't bright pink anymore.
[right][snapback]101965[/snapback][/right]
Oh yea....the bug eyes and pink were just bad.
Stormrage

Dethecus
nobbie,Feb 13 2006, 04:17 AM Wrote:The probably best (Feral) Druid set is now available to those who have opened the Ahn'Qiraj gates already, and - unlike MC or BWL T1 and T2 sets - it doesn't require you to kill Super-Boss XYZ over and over until you have completed it. The set can be farmed solely through reputation with the "Brood of Nozdormu":

Genesis Raiment (on Allakhazam.com)

Genesis Raiment (on Thottbot.com)
Picture: Genesis combined with Cenarion parts, the Cloak of the Golden Hive, and the Blessed Qiraji War Hammer :D

[Image: WoW_Genesis_Cenarion_Tauren_Druid.jpg]
[right][snapback]101895[/snapback][/right]

These sets, in all honesty, don't look like Tier 3 as they're pretty close to the same ilvl as the Tier 2 sets. These sets look more like they're geared to being both PvE and PvP in one set (the Priest set being +damage/healing, the Warrior set having a good amount of +Agi, but not much +def, +dodge, +parry, +block, +hit, and a variety of other things).
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
Raelynn,Feb 14 2006, 07:34 AM Wrote:I wish they'd add some variety in the armor models.  Every type of these (cloth, leather, mail, and plate) look exactly the same with a recolor.  I'd like to look at least a little different besides color.
[right][snapback]101964[/snapback][/right]

They're placeholder graphics. They'll redo the look sometime down the road. This is the way it was with the Tier 2s until they recently updated those (the Nemesis Skull cap and the Halo of Trancendence were both Turbans, one red and the other yellow repectively).
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
Lissa,Feb 14 2006, 11:00 AM Wrote:These sets, in all honesty, don't look like Tier 3 as they're pretty close to the same ilvl as the Tier 2 sets.  These sets look more like they're geared to being both PvE and PvP in one set (the Priest set being +damage/healing, the Warrior set having a good amount of +Agi, but not much +def, +dodge, +parry, +block, +hit, and a variety of other things).

They're not Tier 3's, and Blizzard has stated that explicitly. The early part of AQ is designed to be easier than BWL with the bosses ramping to be on par, and not exceed, the difficulty of BWL. The items and sets there are designed to give some players some variety of items and item styles to choose from and aren't designed to be much better than BWL. A few items are quite drool-worthy, of course, but the quality of drops overall are supposed to be on par with BWL rather than exceed them.

Quote:These sets look more like they're geared to being both PvE and PvP in one set (the Priest set being +damage/healing

It's basically a priest PvP set with lots of +damage/healing and lots of stamina. PvP priests want +damage/healing rather than straight shadow damage, because priests in PvP both heal their groups and deal damage. That is, they do that unless they run around by themselves or stay in Shadowform the whole time while their groups die all around them. That kind of priest is a special form known as "being an idiot."
Legedi,Feb 14 2006, 07:09 AM Wrote:All I can say is they make the wrath and netherwind sets look good.  :blink:
[right][snapback]101971[/snapback][/right]

My favorite was a comment I saw on the warrior forum that went something like this:

Sure Conqueror's items look like they were stolen from a clown, but at least the you end up looking like a matching clown. It's not like you beat up 5 different clowns, and ended up with a hodge-podge of clown attire.

...Every cloud has a silver lining, I guess.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Lissa,Feb 14 2006, 02:02 PM Wrote:They're placeholder graphics.  They'll redo the look sometime down the road.  This is the way it was with the Tier 2s until they recently updated those (the Nemesis Skull cap and the Halo of Trancendence were both Turbans, one red and the other yellow repectively).
[right][snapback]101997[/snapback][/right]
Could be right, but I swear they said something along the lines of "No more placeholder graphics from here on out". I think it was said shortly after talking about the tier 2 redesigns, though I could be wrong. They also could be lying. :)
Stormrage

Dethecus
Raelynn,Feb 15 2006, 11:18 AM Wrote:Could be right, but I swear they said something along the lines of "No more placeholder graphics from here on out".  I think it was said shortly after talking about the tier 2 redesigns, though I could be wrong.  They also could be lying.  :)
[right][snapback]102041[/snapback][/right]
Given that most of the tier 2 placeholder graphics were already in the game, I'd hedge my bets that these weren't placeholders.

I can't remember seeing anything quite that ugly in the game before...

I do like the sets though.
I hate flags

"Then Honor System came out and I had b*$@& tattoo'd on my forehead and a "kick me" sign taped to my back." - Tiku

Stormscale: Treglies, UD Mage; Treggles, 49 Orc Shaman; Tregor, semi-un-retired Druid.

Terenas (all retired): 60 Druid; 60 Shaman. (Not very creative with my character selection, am I?!Wink
Luminon,Feb 13 2006, 05:14 PM Wrote:Don't get too excited, druid weapon damage is still fixed at 52-74 and with 1.00 speed there's only so much attack power can do about that. yay for blizzard finally taking hybrids seriously though, I hear the priests are happy with their AQ set as well.

Someone defenitly doesn't play a feral druid. Sure, we have 1.0 speed. But we can backstab two or three (or four with a wolfshead helm) times as fast as a rogue can. :P

Bear tanking is a completely different issue too. This belt is absolutely stunning for it. The agility adds a ton of armor and dodge, and crit, and the boatloads of stamina doesn't hurt either.