Your thoughts on selling an account
This is why you shouldn't sell your account:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7...612336&q=ebayer
Darian Redwin - just some dude now
Zarathustra,Mar 7 2006, 09:39 AM Wrote:I'm with Artega on this being a free market.  I think the negative connotation of "gold farming" is more influenced by the "farmers" who use exploits in order to reach that end.

For me, it's the immersion breaking and competitive aspects of it that are more troubling aspects of this. The exploiting thing is just salt in the wound.

/notices he is agreeing with Reinheart
/gasps

Quote:Blizzard just doesn't seem to be doing anything about it. 

I noticed a big decrease in the obvious farmers after Bliz made that post about banning accounts. It seems to be creaping back up again though, but isn't too bad. Maybe our queues are too long for profitable farming?
oldmandennis,Mar 7 2006, 02:54 PM Wrote:I noticed a big decrease in the obvious farmers after Bliz made that post about banning accounts.  It seems to be creaping back up again though, but isn't too bad.  Maybe our queues are too long for profitable farming?
[right][snapback]103814[/snapback][/right]

...or maybe even "that's why Blizz isn't addressing the queue issue at this time..."
Darian Redwin - just some dude now
Darian,Mar 7 2006, 01:36 PM Wrote:This is why you shouldn't sell your account:

[right][snapback]103812[/snapback][/right]

Maybe that is why this guy sold his account this character is infected with some kind of death touch! :)
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Rinnhart,Mar 7 2006, 01:42 PM Wrote:...economic imbalance in the real world, Artega. That was a comment regarding the exploitation of foreign labor. There would be no gold farming without the readily available, cheap, and illegal workforce of China and wherever else they set up shop.
[right][snapback]103807[/snapback][/right]

Wrong.

There would be gold farming even if China, Taiwan, Korea, and wherever else the sanctioned gold farmers came from did not exist. They would just be English-speaking instead of otherwise.
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
Darian,Mar 7 2006, 12:36 PM Wrote:This is why you shouldn't sell your account:

[right][snapback]103812[/snapback][/right]
Hehe. Cute little production. :)
Intolerant monkey.
Artega,Mar 7 2006, 01:00 PM Wrote:Wrong.

There would be gold farming even if China, Taiwan, Korea, and wherever else the sanctioned gold farmers came from did not exist.  They would just be English-speaking instead of otherwise.
[right][snapback]103822[/snapback][/right]

I'm not sure about that. Gold farming at the rate a professional does it is not fun, it's work. And it doesn't pay very well. Cheap labor is at the heart of this.

While gold for sale might still exist, it would be quite a bit more expensive, and probably a lot less prevalent.
vor_lord,Mar 7 2006, 07:16 PM Wrote:I'm not sure about that.  Gold farming at the rate a professional does it is not fun, it's work.  And it doesn't pay very well.  Cheap labor is at the heart of this.

While gold for sale might still exist, it would be quite a bit more expensive, and probably a lot less prevalent.
[right][snapback]103836[/snapback][/right]

And it would still take place, prices would be a lot higher than certain people believe they should be, and Tyr's Hand, the AV gnolls, and other sources of easy money would still be nerfed.
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
Artega,Mar 7 2006, 04:22 PM Wrote:And it would still take place, prices would be a lot higher than certain people believe they should be, and Tyr's Hand, the AV gnolls, and other sources of easy money would still be nerfed.
[right][snapback]103846[/snapback][/right]

I think you're probably overestimating how much people are willing to pay. I have no doubt gold farming would still exist, it definately wouldn't be the multimillion dollar venture it is.
"AND THEN THE PALADIN TOOK MY EYES!"
Forever oppressed by the GOLs.
Grom Hellscream: [Orcish] kek
Rinnhart,Mar 7 2006, 09:34 PM Wrote:I think you're probably overestimating how much people are willing to pay. I have no doubt gold farming would still exist, it definately wouldn't be the multimillion dollar venture it is.
[right][snapback]103855[/snapback][/right]

If people are willing to drop $500 real-world USD for 1000 electronic gold, I doubt they need to worry about it going up or down a couple hundred dollars.
Artega,Mar 7 2006, 07:49 PM Wrote:If people are willing to drop $500 real-world USD for 1000 electronic gold, I doubt they need to worry about it going up or down a couple hundred dollars.
[right][snapback]103861[/snapback][/right]

But the reality is that it is much much cheaper than that (every time I get a WoW related email to my gmail account I see ads for the prices). I won't presume to link any of these sites, but the going rate is about $35 per 1000g.