Winterfall activities
There is money to be made in Tyr's Hand, East Plague, but Spangles cannot tolerate the congestion. The ambience in the Plaguelands is worse than in Linden, NJ. She hates every second of her time in either place.

She likes Winterspring. The sky is blue, the air invigorating, and the zone is largely empty most of the time. Death is everywhere, so get to 55 or so before farming here. Do the Timbermaw faction quests in Felwood beforehand so you can get thru the tunnels without hurting anybody.

Spangles is a tailor so she farms Jadenar demons in Felwood for Felcloth, and surrounding areas for rare plants. So does everybody else. The best farming is in Shadow Hold, which is empty of competiton on off-hours. Just go from the entrance to the end, back and forth, killing at your own pace until your bags are full.

Timbermaw faction is good farming. The three Winterfall furbolg areas in Winterspring are Frostfire Springs in the west, Winterfall Post in the southwest, and Winterfall Village in the east. Competition for kills is fierce at times but most aren't serious about it and drift off after a while.

The pattern and enchant rewards for revered status are worthwhile. The epic Timbermaw Guardian trinket gained by exhalted status is similar to the Baron Peasant Caller: fun, but useless.

Defender of the Timbermaw (epic trinket, faction reward, analysis by Miniraa)
Summons a Timbermaw ancestor, a ghostly sprite of a furbolg that has roughly 900 to 1000 HP. It lasts for 20 seconds or until your death, whichever happens first. It will heal you only if you drop below 50% hp, and only if it hasn't been attacked. The healing wave is a 2.5 second cast that heals for approximately 500-560. If your timbermaw ancestor is attacked, he will go into meleeghtning bolt spam mode. His lightning bolt does about 225 to 300 damage and has a 2.5 second cast. His melee attacks do between 40 to 50 damage. The cooldown on the trinket is 10 minutes, and has the typical 30 second cooldown on equip.

Winterfall furbolgs drop good money, runecloth, firewater, good greens, grey items that vendor for for 1g or so, and food/drink. They also have some of the best blue/purple drop rates of mobs in the game. Their chests spawn regularly. Spangles found the Heirophant Band in one of them. She found a Krol blade on a Winterfall Pathfinder.

You can expect to clear 3g/hr under normal conditions. Normal conditions mean lots of competition, no spectacular drops, and before selling the cloth and firewater. You can make significantly more on off-hours, or when you pick up more greens than usual.

All three camps are studded with thorium nodes. Miners can map the thorium and do the circuit but most nodes are gone during prime time. Icecaps grow everywhere for flower pickers.

Spangles' earnings are skewed to the low end because she farms for Wintersaber trainer faction, which means that she spends 7 out of every 12 minutes commuting from Winterfall Village to Frostsaber Rock to renew the faction quest. Since this trip will ruin more than 100 hours over the entire quest, some comments about mitigating this agony are in order.

First, buy an epic mount to get an epic mount. You will make back the money farming, especially if you are a skinner, and return to better things tens of hours sooner. The direct line trip from Winterfall Village to Frostsaber Rock has become very dangerous since 1.9. The bears and chimeras will unseat you if you are on a slow mount, which is annoying but survivable.

The Frostsabers on the last leg of the trip will literally eat you alive if you don't wear plate, however. The road north from Everlook takes more time than the overland trip and is mindnumbingly boring. The sabers at the end of that road are especially densely packed and tenacious.

I use a Kensington Expert trackball with a circular ring that provides smooth panning from the closest first-person view to the third-person view from a helicopter. The hawk's-eye view allows time to dodge most attacks, but Spangles is still routinely unseated. If she fights a group of sabers she will die, so she just keeps running until they give up and let her remount.

The Wintersaber trainer faction quest line begins with Frostsaber Provisions, a truly terrible quest that requires farming infrequent drops from animals that yield nothing else of value. This is no trick for hunters, who are questing demons there anyway. Spangles spent the worst week of her life floundering in the snow, however, gutting through what obviously is a gatekeeper quest.

Wintersaber trainer faction provides no reward worth persuing. Exhalted status entitles you to pay full price for an epic tiger with exactly the same properties as any other, except for the lavender color. You can find details about the quest lines here:

Farming is more fun with a longterm objective other than money. However, it's still very dilute fun.

[Image: cat3.jpg]
(Mirajj, astride a Wintersaber Pride Watcher, with matching pet!)

Spangles is 5000/21000 to exhalted, roughly 600/900 turn-ins of 10 furbolg each for the Winterfall Intrusion quest, which will total more than 10,000 furbolg kills. Killing thousands of anything requires some planning, and Winterfall Village is her laboratory for speccing (11 arms / 40 fury), learning to fight dual wield, and gearing to kill furbolg as quickly as possible. The results of her experiments are summarized in the "Farmer" profile:

[url=http://ctprofiles.net/78887]http://ctprofiles.net/78887

Killing quickly is of the essence when competition is fierce. Note the Black Dragonscale armor, usually worn by hunters. The shoulders, chest and legs provide over 1100 AP buffed. This configuration enables Spangles to demolish a single furbolg in 10 seconds or less. (Thanks, Monkey, for this example of outside-the-box thinking.)

http://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/index...ntry104165

Winterfall Village is the scene of overlapping faction quests, Timbermaw and Wintersaber trainer, so the activity can be very hectic. Most are grinding Timbermaw faction and finish or give up quickly. Wintersaber faction farmers are few, know each other, and group to share kill credit and the misery of an hopeless grind. Spangles also groups with the lvl 58s that appear to quest the Chief, to get them their kills and speed them on their way.

Horde show up, usually in less than proportionate numbers, and are generally ignored in the shuffle. Every now and then they will act badly, rampaging around, ganking kills, and parking their pets in aggressive mode in front of spawn sites.

Cows in epic gear are as easy to herd as any other cows. The quest for the Timbermaw Guardian trinket includes planting a summons for the 61 elite demon Xandivious, who stomps around the mezzanine level of the Village until he is killed to obtain the trinket. For some unknown reason, the summoning device is obtainable repeatedly, and usable indefinitely by anyone exhalted with the Timbermaws. (Thanks, Tribade, for this nugget of arcane knowledge.)

When the bovines require rounding up, Spangles summons the demon, and resumes farming. She issues a warning to other Alliance to stay calm and go about their business. The horde are baffled, of course, and flail at the demon, and die, and call up reinforcements.

This affords the rest of us at least 20 minutes of relative peace until they succeed in killing Xandivious. By which time the 8 minute cooldown on the summoning device is up, the demon returns, and the cycle repeats until the cows amble off to greener pastures in MC and AQ.

(Spangles never met a cow that can read, and is not worried about horde spies deciphering this post.) :D

The trash mobs north of Everlook and to the east of the road to Frostsaber Rock are not worth farming. The chimeras, bears and frostsabers drop useless junk.
Owlkin in the northeast are too far from Everlook to bother with for most. Questers in the area report a good drop rate of purples, though.

Highbourne ghosts on Kel'Theril, the lake south of Everlook, drop good greens and important recipes/patterns. There is nobody home but the occasional quester. Yetis and owlkin to the southeast drop cloth and money but the yield from furbolgs is better.

The best farming, and the most fun, and the most dangerous, is in Mazorthil. Here be the famous blue dragons that surround the cave that questers run for the Awbee epic armor quest and Ony key quest.

The good news is that these dragons are plentiful, spawn quickly, and are not part of any alliance quest. There is a horde hunter quest here but usually there is no competition at all. These mobs drop excellent money, important alchemy recipes, and some of the best greens I have ever seen. Epic shoulders dropped for Spangles from a cobalt whelp, and a Hanzo sword appeared recently.

They also drop the Arcanite Mechanical Dragon schematic (highly sought after due to its rarity), the Robe of Winter Night pattern (sadly, BoP), they have a good blue rate, and if you are so lucky as to get your hands on a Mature Blue Dragon Sinew...you will make some hunter very happy, or yourself at least 400g richer.

The bad news is that these animals are very dangerous. Nobody but a hunter will farm them solo. Spangles will team with a healer, or a hi-end rogue or mage for dps. A party of three can kill on the run nonstop. She won't farm in a bigger group.

Working outside the cave requires nonstop killing to avoid being jumped by respawns. There are named mobs that seem to pop out of nowhere. These are a hassle for a small party and never seem to drop anything.

Working inside the cave is easier because you can pull the mobs to a wall. It is safest to clear one side of the cave from beginning to end, jump on the elevator rune and work outside for a while until respawn is complete. Running back to the entrance through repops is very dangerous.

Working in the cave after another party has cleared is also dangerous. Spangles will group questers and help them get to the rune so they don't train mobs on her head.

The conventional wisdom for questers is to run in as far as possible, die, rez, and then run the rest of the way. This is silly. Any stealth class can just walk to the rune. Group with one other person if you are unstealthy, and you can make some money on the way.

There are only two named in the cave, and they always patrol the same area near the rune. The small one can be taken by two or three, but never seems to drop anything. Spangles has never tried to take out the big boss, a horde quest object. She never finds him dead, so he's probably not worth the effort.

There are opportunities to be explored in the far south of Winterspring. Fafner and Spangles have hunted the elite Frostmaul Giants and Preservers for Wintersaber faction, but saw nothing important drop. This may have changed in a recent patch, we shall see. The Giantkin are the only source of the Greater Frost Protection Potion, something a lot of Alchemists like to have. They have good blue/purple drop rates as well.

There are very ferocious demons guarding Hyjal, a future instance containing the World Tree, a back door to Ony's cave, and other scenic attractions. The demons are very hard to farm, but drop the (BoE) Eye of Shadow that priests need for their epic quest. You can make a priest very happy, or yourself much richer as it is impossible for them to solo farm the Eye.

Spangles is parked in Winterspring for the months it will require to obtain a purple tiger. She will group with you to farm or to get to the rune anytime.

(Thanks to Mirajj, who is quoted directly in many places in this text.)
[Image: spangles_sig_3.jpg]
Ynir,Mar 6 2006, 06:55 PM Wrote:Winterfall furbolgs drop good money, runecloth, firewater, good greens, grey items that vendor for for 1g or so, and food/drink. Their chests spawn regularly. Spangles found the Heirophant Band in one of them. She found a Krol blade on a Winterfall Pathfinder.

They also have some of the best blue/purple drop rates of mobs in the game.

Quote:Wintersaber trainer faction provides no reward worth persuing. Exhalted status permits you to pay full price for an epic tiger with exactly the same properties as any other, except for the lavender color, which sounds ghastly. Farming is more fun with a longterm objective other than money. However, it's still very dilute fun.

I dunno, I find the purple/white rather fetching, myself...[Image: cat3.jpg]

Quote:Winterfall Village is the scene of overlapping faction quests, Timbermaw and Wintersaber trainer, so the activity can be very hectic. Most are grinding Timbermaw faction and finish or give up quickly. Wintersaber faction farmers are few, know each other, and group to share kill credit and the misery of an hopeless grind. Spangles also groups with the lvl 58s that appear to quest the Chief, to get them their kills and speed them on their way.

From the time I spent grinding, there aren't actually any quests there to build rep, just the rep from the kill itself. Most rep farmers like the area due to the repop rate.

Quote:The trash mobs north of Everlook and to the east of the road to Frostsaber Rock are not worth farming. The chimeras, bears and frostsabers drop useless junk.
Owlkin in the northeast are too far from Everlook to bother with.

Actually, they have a decent purple droprate, too. Most of the folks I know doing the Frostsaber Provisions quest have picked up one off of them.

Quote:The best farming, and the most fun, and the most dangerous, is in Mazorthil. Here be the famous blue dragons that surround the cave that questers run for the Awbee epic armor quest and Ony key quest.

The good news is that these dragons are plentiful, spawn quickly, and are not part of any alliance quest. There is a horde hunter quest here but usually there is no competition at all. These mobs drop excellent money, important alchemy recipes, and some of the best greens I have ever seen. Epic shoulders dropped for Spangles from a cobalt whelp, and a Hanzo sword appeared recently.

The bad news is that these animals are very dangerous. Nobody farms them solo. Spangles will team with a healer, or a hi-end rogue or mage for dps. A party of three can kill on the run nonstop. She won't farm in a bigger group.

I solo them. ;) They also drop the Arcanite Mechanical Dragon schematic (Highly sought after due to it's rarity), the Robe of Winter Night pattern (Sadly, BoP), they have a good blue rate, and if you are so lucky as to get your hands on a Mature Blue Dragon Sinew...you will make some hunter very happy, or yourself at least 400g richer.

Quote:Working outside the cave requires nonstop killing to avoid being jumped by respawns. There are named mobs that seem to pop out of nowhere. These are a hassle for a small party and never seem to drop anything.

YMMV. Brumeran (named Chimera) is a pushover, but Spellmaw is a Run On Sight mob, as he's immune to pretty much all a hunters tricks. I kept track Dragonkin up just for him. The repop rate there isn't that bad, you just need to know it as well as the pathing.

Quote:Working inside the cave is easier because you can pull the mobs to a wall. It is safest to clear one side of the cave from beginning to end, jump on the elevator rune and work outside for a while until respawn is complete. Running back to the entrance through repops is very dangerous.

See, in the cave is the only place I won't go without a healer, at least.

Quote:There are only two named in the cave, and they always patrol the same area near the rune. The small one can be taken by two or three, but never seems to drop anything. Spangles has never tried to take out the big boss. He never is dead, so he's probably not worth the effort.

Yep. The two named Dragonkin there aren't worth the effort to kill. I've never seen anything above grey quality drop off them.

Quote:There are opportunities to be explored in the far south of Winterspring. Fafner and Spangles have hunted the elite Frostmaul Giants and Preservers for Wintersaber faction, but saw nothing important drop. This may have changed in a recent patch, we shall see. There are very ferocious demons guarding what looks to be a future instance, but they may not be worth the trouble.

The Giantkin are the only source of the Greater Frost Protection Potion, something a lof of Alchemists like to have. They aren't too rough to solo. They have good blue/purple droprates as well.

The Demons are very hard to solo, but drop the (BoE) Eye of Shadow, that priests need for their epic quest. You can make a priest very happy, or yourself much richer as it is impossible for them to solo farm that.

GL on the Frostsaber quest. ;)
~Not all who wander are lost...~
My Beast master hunter solo farms the dragons, in the early mouth of the cave all the time. I'm doing it mainly to get scales to make the bluedragon scale sets but I know the spawns and the paths very well. I don't know if would solo them with anything other than a hunter though because I hate down time. I just gimp sting (scorpid) them which knocks the damage they do down by a good 50 to 60 per swing and drops their crit rate and then aimed shot them down on the big melee guys (my aimed only crits in the 1400-1500 range I'm still in blues, so it's just the gorewood bow). I mostly autoshot on the casters to regen mana, pop bestial wrath whenever it's available mostly to help speed the fights, intimidate if I get a few crits in a row as long as the pet is healthy, if not I'll plunk a few more times and then disengage to get more damage in.
Whelp packs I send the pet in, get it to growl twice per dragonkin and then multi shot them down. I sometimes have to mend pet depending on where I'm at just so I can move my little cirle without dealing with pats. I sometimes bandage the pet after a fight or mend it after a fight depending . Of course since I'm generally leveling a pet in there (after it hits 57 I can level it while grinding in there I uses the furbies to get it there and I've now got a cat, wolf and turtle).

If I take the turtle in, 6500 armor on the little bugger, I just don't have to worry. Sure he's about 15 - 20 DPS lower than my cat, but well that is still the same DPS as not beast master cats do so he does fine. I've changed my cat over to my PvP pet. The turtle is when we don't have a warrior and I'm MT for an instance and the wolf will likely be the raid pet for furious howl, though if the pet is being used as an offtank (and it has in ZG) I'll use the cat because the cat is still my best aggro pet with the higher DPS and the added aggro that claw can give, so bite + manual claws (and with the focus talent I can use claw) I can hold aggro in a 20 man raid of ZG with it and I don't need the healing on it since the focus target dies so fast.

But anyway hunters can solo the dragonkin, in blue gear (though I am up to 4/8 beastalker, I still haven't been in DM West, and Tribute has only netted me a barbarous, which I don't use a lot and a tarnished elven ring so far, my chest is still a green) in the cave too.

If I really want to farm fast and Treesh is in the mood she brings her shaman and we tear it up. Add a thrid in and we can take everything but Scryer in that cave and actually we might be able to but since he is for the Onyxia key chain for the horde his drops sucks.

Taranna has also successfully solo farmed those dragons (my druid) as both feral and resto build but it was too taxing and slow. My hunter just doesn't worry about it.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Ynir,Mar 6 2006, 05:55 PM Wrote:Horde show up, usually in less than proportionate numbers, and are generally ignored in the shuffle. Every now and then they will act badly, rampaging around, ganking kills, and parking their pets in aggressive mode in front of spawn sites.
[right][snapback]103737[/snapback][/right]
Alliance act the same way as horde. You get good folk, you get bad folk. Take the faction bashing elsewhere. :P
Intolerant monkey.
Thanks for this very useful info, especially for the picture of the Wintersaber tiger. I was not able to find one before.

Spangles will be happy to take the reins of this animal when the time comes. Hopefully, the tiger's strange coloration will go better with the cobalt blue Battlegear of Heroism than the brown/gold ensemble Spangles uses at present.

Winterspring is thick with hunters. The text should say "nobody but a hunter" solos these animals. I think you have to be good at your craft, however, even as a hunter.

Note that Spangles likes to work with mages or rogues when farming, and not with hunters or warlocks. The aggro is split between hunter/warlock and pet, and it is not always apparent what a tank should be doing. The result is more downtime and repairs.

It is much simpler to lock down the mob for straightforward one-source DPS. Maybe its just a matter of practice.
Gnollguy: this is part of your thread. See my comments to Mirajj above.

As a raid officer for her guild, Spangles delegates the job of pulling in instances as much as possible, even though it's not always convenient. Two classes present special problems, warlocks and hunters.

Both classes split multiple mobs between themselves and their pets, creating targeting problems for the tank. It is more straightforward with the warlock: offtank the warlock.

But the hunter will draw some mobs to the rear and then feign death, scattering them among casters and healers. When the warrior pulls the aggro is collimated, and assists can beat them down in a clump before the casters pull aggro.

I'd be interested in hearing about this issue from the hunter's perspective.
Ynir,Mar 7 2006, 06:00 PM Wrote:Thanks for this very useful info, especially for the picture of the Wintersaber tiger. I was not able to find one before.

I've got tons of pics of my mount. ;) Ask, and ye shall receive.
[Image: cat2.jpg]
[Image: Cat.jpg]

Quote:Note that Spangles likes to work with mages or rogues when farming, and not with hunters or warlocks. The aggro is split between hunter/warlock and pet, and it is not always apparent what a tank should be doing. The result is more downtime and repairs.

It is much simpler to lock down the mob for straightforward one-source DPS. Maybe its just a matter of practice.
[right][snapback]103835[/snapback][/right]

Working with a hunter isn't all that rough. Or with a Warlock. They just have to know what they are doing. When I'm with a warrior (and I'm not trying to be a monkey and pull/get aggro) I turn my pet's autogrowl off, wait until they get a sunder or two in, and go easy on the DPS. If mobs add, turn autogrowl on, sic pet on the add, leave it alone and finish off the first. I'd imagine a similar thing to be in effect for warlocks. It's all about aggro management. I've teamed with every combination of a duo the Alliance can put out, and we've all been pretty successful. Hunters/Rogues destroy by aggro bouncing. Hunters/Warriors destroy more slowly, but more certainly.

But working with a hunter or a warlock is just like working with anyone else...if they know what they are doing, it won't be a problem. If they are trying to be a monkey, the saying is, I believe "If you pull it, you tank it." ;)
~Not all who wander are lost...~
As one of the warriors who plays in groups with GG's hunter, I can comment from the warrior perspective.

GG pulls, he is usually very good about knowing which is the one that will go into the freezing trap, and lets us know ahead of time.

Concussive shot generally goes on the focus fire target so he is last to get there, and most importantly is positive that the focus fire target doesn't end up in the freeze trap.

When possible the others are CC'ed (sheep / shackle) before they get near the group.

If there are 2 or more mobs not CC'ed, the hunter's pet target will generally be designated as the focus fire target. Hunters pets have great initial aggro, especially GG's since he is beastmaster spec. The first focus fire target goes down so fast anyway, he really only needs to hold aggro temporarily. this gives the warrior a chance to have solid aggro on whatever he is tanking. Pet generally won't need any healing due to speed of dropping that mob.

Warrior can charge and thunderclap and/or demo shout to focus aggro on him. If the mob meant for the freeze trap is to be dealt with after pulling, then GG will do some extra damage to this one and peel it off into the trap. If it's before, It should already be trapped.

Extra care has to be taken to enable the use of T-clap, demo shout is safer because it will not break traps / sheep / shackles.

With this method, the hunter is responsible for 2 mobs (one for trap and one with pet) warrior can handle 2 more and one can generally be CC'ed otherwise, making 5 pulls pretty simple. Freeze trap mob is usually 2nd on the list, because it only stays frozen 20 seconds.

As far as duoing with a hunter, I've done this quite a bit in Silithus with Swirly (who was also a Beast Mastery spec at the time)... I generally let the pet tank. It's a lot easier / cheaper to heal the pet with hunter mana than to use bandages and food for warrior healing. Pet tanking is great because everyone can do DPS, where warrior tanking generally compromises DPS for holding aggro. If I end up taking aggro it's usually not a big deal... But it's also pretty rare against a BM hunter. I can charge in and start with 2 sunders (because there are 2 people and a pet hitting for physical damage, sunder is pretty efficient) and continue DPS, only pulling aggro on a lucky crit string.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Amen, Treesh! :D Having never taken an alliance character past level 13, I have certainly seen my share of poor play from Alliance folks that irritate us hordies to no end. My personal pet peeve, is the persistent spitting that I seem to get for no reason. I personally feel there's probably very little difference, if any, between the mentality of your average alliance player and your average hordie. Good and both on both sides. Many of the regular posters on this site are good players, who happen to play Alliance, while many of us are good players who play horde, and many folks who are good players (GG and Treesh for example) who play both.
VoiceMan

Terenas:
Bloodmourne - 85 Blood Elf Death Knight <Lurkers>
Vreeslik - 85 Undead Warlock <Lurkers>
Fazuul - 70 Tauren Druid <Lurkers>
Ooh - 70 Troll Rogue <Lurkers>
Gorkuk- 63 Orc Hunter <Lurkers>
Rojaal - 70 Blood Elf Paladin <Lurkers>
Ynir,Mar 7 2006, 06:42 PM Wrote:Gnollguy: this is part of your thread. See my comments to Mirajj above.

As a raid officer for her guild, Spangles delegates the job of pulling in instances as much as possible, even though it's not always convenient. Two classes present special problems, warlocks and hunters.

Both classes split multiple mobs between themselves and their pets, creating targeting problems for the tank. It is more straightforward with the warlock: offtank the warlock.

But the hunter will draw some mobs to the rear and then feign death, scattering them among casters and healers. When the warrior pulls the aggro is collimated, and assists can beat them down in a clump before the casters pull aggro.

I'd be interested in hearing about this issue from the hunter's perspective.
[right][snapback]103838[/snapback][/right]

I hardly even feign with my hunter to be honest.

If I'm pulling for warriors while grinding or in instances, and I do a lot of it since I know the instances better than the warriors on Terenas, or at least I did till they got play time in them and since we have warriors that like to charge pull for the extra rage I just pull with a low aggro attack, let them charge and dem shout will get all the stuff I didn't hit.

If I'm using my pet to tank I don't pull I send the pet in and let it get aggro before I shoot, treating the pet like a warrior. I'll change targets with auto attack off for the pet so it can build more aggro while I focus on the primary target.

If the pet is the off tank I only focus fire on what my pet is tanking and yes the pet generally has aggro over the warrior. You can use the pet to break sheep in ZG and use a hunters mark as the signal to start DPS if you like as well instead of 2 sunders or what not.

If I'm splitting a pull with FD it still works mostly the same but generally if a hunter is pulling the warrior should be prepared to charge then change stances and do some kind of AoE. The hunter should also be prepared to take a few hits. All it takes for the warrior to get aggro is one dem shout or thunder clap. Dem shout won't break CC so it's safest. Heck just hitting bloodrage after I pull (not before) can get aggro. Since each point of rage you generate is the same as 5 damage if I bother to put on a crap bow and get auto attack shut off, you hitting bloodrage after I pull will cause threat equal to 50 damage right from the start and 5 for each tick after that can be enough to get the mobs on you just like if you pulled.

So I generally don't FD either, the stuff gets on me I disengage on the target I shot if it gets to me and if the warrior doesn't have the other mobs I'll explain how they can get them off me. Things stay clustered.

Or did I just miss the question completely? I'm answering while a bit distracted.

---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Treesh,Mar 7 2006, 06:48 AM Wrote:Alliance act the same way as horde.&nbsp; You get good folk, you get bad folk.&nbsp; Take the faction bashing elsewhere.&nbsp; :P
[right][snapback]103754[/snapback][/right]

Faction bashing, indeed. How very unsubtle. I will deconstruct this essay for you.

This piece is sly invective disguised as a treatise on farming, in the Swiftian tradition. Seen through the eyes of a dullwitted night elf warrior, who interprets alien appearance as racial inferiority, the clever tactics of an oppressed minority are dismissed with a contempt born of jealousy for their achievements.

Note that, a la Wodehouse, every line is a joke, and a literary reference. Note the allusion to "behaving badly", a spoof of popular culture, and contemporary self-help literature. Can you find other examples of social commentary in this essay?

PS. This is a spoof of a precis written for a high school English class. Do you really think I would compare myself with Swift and Wodehouse? And what does "deconstruct" mean, anyway?

Don't bother looking for the real me, that wasn't the point. :lol:
I wish to echo Concillian's thoughts. I too have spent a good deal of time instancing with GG's hunter, and I have a 60 hunter myself. I think part of the challenge with hunters is how hunters are often played. Most of the hunters, outside of the ones I instance with regularly, have often bothered me. Hunters are incredibly easy to solo with, and as a result, can make you a little bit sloppy in your pulls. For example, prior to my respec away from BM, my hunter could round up 3 level 60 non-elites of virtually any sort in Winterspring, and hold all three, while I killed them one at a time. It did take some target switching, and some healing of my pet, but I did it quite a bit once he hit 60. GG's pulling as a hunter rarely causes problems for the warriors that I can see....I know that Durambar actually prefers having a hunter along, as the group/raid burns down the hunter's first target, which is tanked by the pet. The warrior completely ignores that target, and spends the time the first target is being killed to lock down the non-CC'd targets. It seems to work great.
VoiceMan

Terenas:
Bloodmourne - 85 Blood Elf Death Knight <Lurkers>
Vreeslik - 85 Undead Warlock <Lurkers>
Fazuul - 70 Tauren Druid <Lurkers>
Ooh - 70 Troll Rogue <Lurkers>
Gorkuk- 63 Orc Hunter <Lurkers>
Rojaal - 70 Blood Elf Paladin <Lurkers>
Both of these comments are to the point. Your warrior's style is much different than Spangles'.

It will take me a while to parse all of this and comment.
Thanks for your contribution. I have quoted you directly in the text with acknowlegement.
VoiceMan,Mar 8 2006, 11:03 AM Wrote:My personal pet peeve, is the persistent spitting that I seem to get for no reason.
[right][snapback]103841[/snapback][/right]
Foreplay perhaps? :P

The dragonkin are definately soloable as a druid, particularly the casters. (Assuming hibernate is chain resisted. /grumbles) I recently thought of a new way (new for me, anyway) for soloing elite mellee mobs, so I'll have to go and see if it works on these guys. "Root-lock" for the win. :shuriken:

My personal list of things I must do if I'm farming in Winterspring:

1) Kill a demon. Kind of boring, but I almost always kill at least one.

2) See how far I can kite a giant. Always entertaining. :) I've tried kiting Spellmaw a couple of times, but that wasn't so entertaining. (For me at least. Ouch.)

3) Jump into Azshara. Noggenfogger is your friend. :) It's fun, and a great way to leave Winterspring in style once you've finished farming for the night.

None of these will actually make you any money - a couple could even cost you money - but anything that breaks up the grind is worth while for me. I'm easily distracted. (Oh! Shiny!)
I hate flags

"Then Honor System came out and I had b*$@& tattoo'd on my forehead and a "kick me" sign taped to my back." - Tiku

Stormscale: Treglies, UD Mage; Treggles, 49 Orc Shaman; Tregor, semi-un-retired Druid.

Terenas (all retired): 60 Druid; 60 Shaman. (Not very creative with my character selection, am I?!Wink
Ynir,Mar 6 2006, 11:55 PM Wrote:The bad news is that these animals are very dangerous. Nobody but a hunter will farm them solo.

To add to the list of 'my class can solo them!', I found I could kill two of the three types (the mages and the wyrmkins) with my shadow priest in shadowform. The scalebanes just hit too hard for me to outdamage while healing.

Ynir Wrote:There are only two named in the cave, and they always patrol the same area near the rune...Spangles has never tried to take out the big boss. He never is dead, so he's probably not worth the effort.

He's frequently dead. Scryer is a horde quest target for their Onyxia key questline ;-)

(I must say - offtopic - that having now done the questline on both Alliance and Horde sides, that the Alliance have it far, far, far easier, including starting with a solo/duoable quest. Yes, the BRD back-and-forthing is annoying, as is Jail Break, but the horde quest _starts_ with a 5-man LBRS, features an additional trip into UBRS over the alliance one, and involves killing 4 dragons in a 5-man party in geographically diverse places, trekking back to dustwallow marsh before, during and after as well as finding an npc who can wander anywhere from northern desolace to northern feralas...)

Ynir Wrote:There are very ferocious demons guarding what looks to be a future instance

It's the way into Hyjal.
You don't know what you're talking about.
lfd,Mar 9 2006, 06:49 AM Wrote:I must say - offtopic - that having now done the questline on both Alliance and Horde sides, that the Alliance have it far, far, far easier, including starting with a solo/duoable quest.
[right][snapback]104008[/snapback][/right]
I concur. It was much easier and took less time for both my capped alliance characters to do it than it is for my one capped horde character to do it. Not that it really matters right now for my capped horde gal since we don't have the number of people to kill Ony anyway. :P
Intolerant monkey.
lfd,Mar 9 2006, 12:49 PM Wrote:t's the way into Hyjal.

Text edited accordingly.
lfd,Mar 9 2006, 11:49 PM Wrote:I must say - offtopic - that having now done the questline on both Alliance and Horde sides, that the Alliance have it far, far, far easier, including starting with a solo/duoable quest.
My brief guide to keying for ony as horde:

Step 1) Enter LBRS. And suffer.
Steps 2-20) Suffer. Suffer. Suffer.
Step 21) Suffer some more, just for good measure. (You might want to kick yourself at this stage, and that won't hurt as much as what you've just been through.)
Step 22) You're done.

I wouldn't have been too surprised if one requirement involved stabbing yourself with a pen. :P But the real joy cometh when you have to help your guildies do it as well... :ph34r:
I hate flags

"Then Honor System came out and I had b*$@& tattoo'd on my forehead and a "kick me" sign taped to my back." - Tiku

Stormscale: Treglies, UD Mage; Treggles, 49 Orc Shaman; Tregor, semi-un-retired Druid.

Terenas (all retired): 60 Druid; 60 Shaman. (Not very creative with my character selection, am I?!Wink
I suggest flash bombs for kitties. Not hard to farm the pearls.

The trinket is not that useless except in spots like MC where things go down too fast. Checking the combat log after one encounter, Fafner's Timbermaw ancester first healed the priest who was in bad shape then blasted the mob with nature damage. Except for bandages which are channeled spells, a warrior does not have that many mays to heal other party members.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."