1.10 Priest Builds
Bolty,Apr 4 2006, 01:16 AM Wrote:OMG, that sounds like so much fun.  :)
[right][snapback]106161[/snapback][/right]

As much fun as three warriors and two priests with the MT running in 'zerker and dps gear? :D
You can see Melisandres new Spec in the ctprofiles link provided in my sig.

Basically after pondering long about my post 1.10 spec I decided almost on a snap decision to go for Power Infusion, because none of the other IFFHDS priests specced for it. Our Mages love me for it ("Omg, 3k Frostbolt Crit") ;)

Holy Nova is big fun and also very useful in PvE. We did Ony today and got a "Whelps! Many Whelps! Now! Handle it!" situation as the designated Whelp Bombing Mage went down. So I dashed over and finished them off with Holy Nova (it's great they don't attack you since Holy Nova doesn't genarate threat).
Comment from someone on voice com: "lol, priest bombed them all away". :)
Melisandre: http://ctprofiles.net/371601

I'm not an addict ... maybe that's a lie.
Hehe! :)

I just love doing the trap in Strat UD now. Usualy all i had to do was shield the mage but now I just shield myself and spam Holy Nova. Alot more fun! :) Not a wasted point at all.
http://ctprofiles.net/24532 <-- Bhak lvl 60 Priest
OK.. been using my 26/25 build now for a while, and I'm really happy with how it turned out. By using different gear, I'm doing well in all kinds of situations.
With +dmg gear, MB, HF and Smite can all crit 1000, and SW:P does considerable more damage. With +healing gear, I still have a nice renew, ticking for ~270x5. I've found going heavy on +healing is working well in 5-man instances where you are the only healer. I also prefer +healing on trash mobs in MC where I often just spam rank1 FH. Rank1 FH seems to get it's full 43% of +healing equipped as opposed to lower ranks of renew which gets a penalty, ie, not getting 100% of your +healing. On bossfights I just slip into some more mp5 gear.

Try it, you'll like it :)