Hunters traps are now visible in 1.10
Gnollguy,Mar 14 2006, 11:03 AM Wrote:You still both missed one.  So if you did a really odd build you could have charge, intercept, conc blow, revenge, mace spec, and if tauren war stomp.

I'm now waiting for someone to point out yet another stun I missed.  :)
[right][snapback]104500[/snapback][/right]

And you've missed the point where I was only counting controllable stuns, not proc-based stuns :)

Earthshaker/TUF/etc are proc-based.

Bombs are incapacitates.

And you apparently already caught this and I didn't notice it earlier. Damn you. :P
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
Zarathustra,Mar 14 2006, 07:42 AM Wrote:Bombs, glorious bombs.
[right][snapback]104507[/snapback][/right]

Bombs are overpowered.
"AND THEN THE PALADIN TOOK MY EYES!"
Forever oppressed by the GOLs.
Grom Hellscream: [Orcish] kek
Rinnhart,Mar 15 2006, 07:37 AM Wrote:Bombs are overpowered.
[right][snapback]104646[/snapback][/right]

My little hunter thoroughly enjoys utilizing bombs to great effect in WSG. Unfortunately he's gained the reputation of healer slayer and flag disruptor that he is targetted very fast in games. :(

Nothing better than laying a trap mid field to catch a would be flag running, slowing them with shots and then stunning them with a bomb long enough for focus fire to take him down. :D
Tal,Mar 15 2006, 09:34 AM Wrote:My little hunter thoroughly enjoys utilizing bombs to great effect in WSG. Unfortunately he's gained the reputation of healer slayer and flag disruptor that he is targetted very fast in games. :(

Nothing better than laying a trap mid field to catch a would be flag running, slowing them with shots and then stunning them with a bomb long enough for focus fire to take him down. :D
[right][snapback]104652[/snapback][/right]

If they hit your trap when it's in mid-field, they deserve to die :)

Also, I've seen people say that you should simply move the Hunter off his or her trap: it's not that simple. As a Warrior, I can do NOTHING to make him or her move away from his trap; if I stay away from it, he'll just casually rain autoshots, serpent stings, and arcane shots into me. If I charge him, I'll trigger the trap.
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
Artega,Mar 15 2006, 01:40 PM Wrote:If they hit your trap when it's in mid-field, they deserve to die :)

Also, I've seen people say that you should simply move the Hunter off his or her trap: it's not that simple.  As a Warrior, I can do NOTHING to make him or her move away from his trap; if I stay away from it, he'll just casually rain autoshots, serpent stings, and arcane shots into me.  If I charge him, I'll trigger the trap.
[right][snapback]104700[/snapback][/right]

USE YOUR BOW- PEW PEW!
Artega,Mar 15 2006, 04:40 PM Wrote:If they hit your trap when it's in mid-field, they deserve to die :)

Also, I've seen people say that you should simply move the Hunter off his or her trap: it's not that simple.  As a Warrior, I can do NOTHING to make him or her move away from his trap; if I stay away from it, he'll just casually rain autoshots, serpent stings, and arcane shots into me.  If I charge him, I'll trigger the trap.
[right][snapback]104700[/snapback][/right]

And, again, I have no problem with the normal hunter trap he lays pre-combat, it's the one he drops *under me* *WHILE I'M HITTING HIM*, that I have a problem with.

--Mav
Rinnhart,Mar 15 2006, 04:18 PM Wrote:USE YOUR BOW- PEW PEW!
[right][snapback]104712[/snapback][/right]

Never play an artillery duel with a Hunter if you're not a Hunter, Mage, or Warlock (and sometimes, even if you are one of those classes).
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
Lissa,Mar 16 2006, 09:17 AM Wrote:Never play an artillery duel with a Hunter if you're not a Hunter, Mage, or Warlock (and sometimes, even if you are one of those classes).
[right][snapback]104751[/snapback][/right]

No, no...don't tell them that, Lissa. We want to get into an artillery duel with them. They want to shoot arrows (or icebolts, or firballs, or death coils) at me, I'll be more than happy to exchange artillery with them.

I love free HK's as much as the next guy. =P
~Not all who wander are lost...~
Mirajj,Mar 16 2006, 10:49 AM Wrote:No, no...don't tell them that, Lissa. We want to get into an artillery duel with them. They want to shoot arrows (or icebolts, or firballs, or death coils) at me, I'll be more than happy to exchange artillery with them.

I love free HK's as  much as the next guy. =P
[right][snapback]104755[/snapback][/right]

Yeah, it's like the occasional dumb hunter who *wants* to melee with me. Doh! Free HK for me.

--Mav
Mavfin,Mar 16 2006, 09:39 AM Wrote:Yeah, it's like the occasional dumb hunter who *wants* to melee with me.  Doh! Free HK for me.
[right][snapback]104763[/snapback][/right]

I've beat Warriors and Rogues this way because they weren't expecting me to do it. I have killed Dagnabit on SR when he was on his Tauren Warrior Kazganti because he thought I was going to run away from him instead of meleeing him when we has down to 30% life and had intercepted me (I was shocked he didn't expect me to melee since Dag is a Hunter and probably the best PvP Hunter on SR, although he's never made the same mistake again with me... :P). I have also killed a number of Rogues that thought that 15% to 20% life was enough a buffer to get me from 50% to 0% in melee... :whistling:

Also, most Hunters don't realize it, but, the best way to kill a Hunter as a Hunter is to melee. Most Hunters new to PvP will try to run instead of fighting in melee which means you just chase them around and whack them... ;)

Hunters can be sneaky bastiages... ;)
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
Mavfin,Mar 15 2006, 06:18 PM Wrote:And, again, I have no problem with the normal hunter trap he lays pre-combat, it's the one he drops *under me* *WHILE I'M HITTING HIM*, that I have a problem with.
[right][snapback]104714[/snapback][/right]

Working as intended! It makes perfect sense that someone can Feign Death, put a trap down right under your feet before you realize they're faking it, and trap you before you blink!
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Quark,Mar 16 2006, 02:04 PM Wrote:Working as intended!  It makes perfect sense that someone can Feign Death, put a trap down right under your feet before you realize they're faking it, and trap you before you blink!
[right][snapback]104780[/snapback][/right]

About as much sense as someone "stealthed" in a WIDE OPEN FIELD that I can't see... =P We know how much you hate this Quark, and you are getting your wish. Maybe it's time for some other classes "uber PvP cheese" (according to every other class) to get a nerf.

Seriously, I'm getting tired of PvE taking the hit becuase of people b*tching about PvP imbalance.
~Not all who wander are lost...~
Mirajj,Mar 16 2006, 02:08 PM Wrote:and you are getting your wish.
This won't change anything, trust me. You won't see the trap quick enough to compensate. Either you'll know it's there by instinct/experience, you'll get hit by it, or the hunter will FD/FT and you'll get trapped anyway.

Quote:Seriously, I'm getting tired of PvE taking the hit becuase of people b*tching about PvP imbalance.[right][snapback]104781[/snapback][/right]
This change doesn't affect PvE at all.

Anyway, as little as this change does, it does even less for me. Detect Traps means I already know where the traps are -> unless it's the FD/FT combo, or I was being an idiot (in which case I deserve it).
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Rinnhart,Mar 15 2006, 07:18 PM Wrote:USE YOUR BOW- PEW PEW!
[right][snapback]104712[/snapback][/right]

USE HOLY SHOCK- ZAP ZAP!
Artega,Mar 16 2006, 01:42 PM Wrote:USE HOLY SHOCK- ZAP ZAP!
[right][snapback]104792[/snapback][/right]

Absolutely the best abiliity to have while fighting rogues. They don't expect it, so they try to restealth while running at me- SHOCK- HAMMER- RAAAAAWWR, JUDGEMENT, MINDBULLETS, HAMMER OF GG.

HONOR!