I apologize
I apologize for my violation of loot rules last night when I rolled need on Dal'Rend's Sacred Charge, a BoP. I should know better particularly since I am the one who compiled the loot rules. I think that it is very likely that nobody who was present when it dropped also had a need for the sword. Nonetheless, it sets a bad example, and could be viewed by some that guild officers are above the rules, which is definitely not the case. I ask for forgiveness, and I have decided to assess a fine against myself. I am sending some gold to the LS for their guild bank and some to Xame's toon, Exchange for our guild bank. I am posting this on the Guildportal site as well where the LS can see it. By sending the gold and posting I feel better, and I am less likely to repeat the error. Thank you.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtmlWbJ-1vgb3aJmW4DJ7...NntmKgW8Cp]
I figured you did it because I usurped the guild leadership. ;)

Honestly, I don't think an apology is in order. That could be because I can never keep straight what server handles the rolls in what way so I didn't even think about it when you rolled. ;) I was just happy to see you get something out of the run before you had to leave.
Intolerant monkey.
I don't think it was too big a deal. Marn, Conc, the mages, and the warlock were the only other people that could even equip it.

I am just amazed that two straight UBRS runs yielded Finkle's Skinner as well as Dal'Rend's. Some pretty darn good luck there.
vor_lord,Mar 11 2006, 02:47 PM Wrote:I don't think it was too big a deal.  Marn, Conc, the mages, and the warlock were the only other people that could even equip it.

I am just amazed that two straight UBRS runs yielded Finkle's Skinner as well as Dal'Rend's.  Some pretty darn good luck there.
[right][snapback]104266[/snapback][/right]

Yar and while the full Dal'Rends set is good for a hunter (you need the set bonus to make it beat some of the 2 handers) I'm not sure 2 one handers is the best way to go, especially with the +25 agi enchant in the 1.1 pipeline. I did roll on the boneslicing hatchet that dropped in Strat but feel bad becuase it won't be better for me till I get another one or at least another good one hander to pair with it and get them both hit with +15 agi. Swirlywar could have made immediat use out of it but I hadn't looked at his gear to realize that. Marn really does have 2 of the best hunter 2 handers in the game with barbarous and Zulian I should just let it be at that.

So yeah I feel bad since that axe is just sitting in my bank where it would be equipped on Swirlywar.

As to breaking the rules, I'm going to do it someday because you followed the rules as they are on Stormrage. You need it you roll need. But we don't always run with 1 set + 1 blue over there either. You had the best toon to get it (though it's a good set for fury warriors as well, but Conc isn't fury).

It's not like we won't be back there either. That is the other thing with a guild our size. We still have people that need stuff everywhere and we don't have the numbers where you won't be needed to go back in some place. We can kill Baron without AoE or without a true tank but not without both, etc.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.