Patch is up
Concillian,Apr 7 2006, 01:44 PM Wrote:There aren't many rings with +damage on them for people unable to raid.  This is by far the easiest of them to get.

I guess it depends on what you mean by "raid," since the blue ZG rings drop with reasonable frequency. Plus, there are other rings that have +crit%, +hit%, and now -resistances that also add to the damage one deals. However, my point was that while yes that ring is useful, it is less unique than the one with +150 armor on it. In the short term, you'll get more use out of the +damage ring, but eventually it'll get DE'd for some other rings. The +armor ring, however, is one to keep for much longer, even if its use is only for very specific purposes.

It's kind of like the argument for why a rogue should choose to get the Duskbat Drape reward from The Azure Key, even though the other items are quite nice for the level. The person might get more immediate use out of the other items, but the Duskbat Drape is the only item in the game that reduces falling damage. Similarly, Thrall's Resolve still gives the most armor of any ring in the game (tied with Ring of Protection, which it can be paired with) and the two good +armor epic rings would be far more likely to go to warriors or druids.
MongoJerry,Apr 7 2006, 02:18 PM Wrote:I guess it depends on what you mean by "raid," since the blue ZG rings drop with reasonable frequency.
[right][snapback]106530[/snapback][/right]

From my point of view as a non-raider (I have done quite a bit of ZG but the odds that I'll actually take one of the damage rings in there are low) the Eye of Orgrimmar is one of those items that is (or was) irreplaceable. I DE'd mine in a fit of madness back when I had completely given up on doing any damage. Now I wish I had mine back...
MongoJerry,Apr 7 2006, 01:14 PM Wrote:Omg!  I did a quick BRD run last night with a group last night that started off as a coffer run, but we decided to go ahead and kill the Emperor.  The Lyceum has been nerfed all to heck.  There're only about half the mobs there were before.  Add in the fact that priests can aoe now and the whole room was a joke.  Man, that is too bad.  That room was one of my favorite challenging encounters in the game.  All they needed to do was to add some really good loot to the Emperor to make people want to brave that room.  They didn't need to nerf the Lyceum at the same time.  Some of the new Emperor loot was pretty interesting, though.  I ended up getting some +10 shadow resist boots with good periferal stats on them that I'll save in case there ends up being a need for massive shadow resistance in the upcoming 1.11 instance.
[right][snapback]106497[/snapback][/right]

Great! Ruin all our fun, Blizzard!

What's next, ANOTHER nerfing of the Archaedus fight in Uldaman?

Remove trash mobs and pats if you have to, but leave the fun stuff like that in, please :(
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.