Patch is up
Artega,Mar 28 2006, 07:24 PM Wrote:Firm support of my theory that Blizzard does not have a (competent) QA team working on their patches.

My guess would place their real QA team on the expansion pack, given that it will generate more cash for them than any patch could.
[right][snapback]105752[/snapback][/right]

Well that's the extra cynical view.

The longer this goes, the more I think and hope it is because some/all relms are moving to new hardware. I'm pretty sure my server, one of the orignal terrible 20, would be one of them, if there is a shift.

I mean they have proven they can do big patches before. 1.9 was way bigger then this, and I don't recall any problems nearly this bad. Even the BWL patch was back online before this, even if it was unplayable.

Relativly speaking this is a pretty minor patch - probably the smallest ever.

/prays for new hardware

oldmandennis,Mar 29 2006, 12:22 AM Wrote:Well that's the extra cynical view.
[right][snapback]105759[/snapback][/right]

And it's the best view until those tight-lipped jackasses feel the need to actually inform their playerbase as to what they're doing with our paid gametime.
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
The best patch (release-problem wise) was 1.8. It scaled up to 1.8, then 1.9 dropped a little bit. 1.10 was awful. Seems to correlate pretty well with Artega's theory.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
"Players that unlearn Engineering or Leatherworking may now respecialize if they decide to relearn the professions"

Dammit , dropped 300 Dragonscale sometime back wishing I had gone Elemental , now I'm a 300 Engineer , grr would have stuck with LW if this had already been implemented . Funny , I'm sure they said this would never change .
Take care
Raven Vale,Mar 29 2006, 09:32 AM Wrote:I'm a 300 Engineer , grr would have stuck with LW if this had already been implemented. Funny , I'm sure they said this would never change.
[right][snapback]105792[/snapback][/right]

IIRC, they did say that the specialization choice in a profession was "permanent." What I am curious about is if they will also let blacksmiths re-choose their specializations in the future, although perhaps this is less important since a lot of the specialized weapons and armor are BoE.
Raven Vale,Mar 29 2006, 09:32 AM Wrote:"Players that unlearn Engineering or Leatherworking may now respecialize if they decide to relearn the professions"

Dammit , dropped 300 Dragonscale sometime back wishing I had gone Elemental , now I'm a 300 Engineer , grr would have stuck with LW if this had already been implemented . Funny , I'm sure they said this would never change .

Yeah I recall that too "it will never happen, the goblins wouldn't accept you because you smell funny now, the gnomes keep records, blah blah" and you still can't change as smith, which makes it even more odd.

---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Raven Vale,Mar 29 2006, 06:32 AM Wrote:"Players that unlearn Engineering or Leatherworking may now respecialize if they decide to relearn the professions"

It doesn't necessarily say you can change your specialization, just that you can re-specialize. Perhaps there was a bug that didn't let you re-take goblin engineering if you chose goblin the first time.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Concillian,Mar 29 2006, 02:50 PM Wrote:It doesn't necessarily say you can change your specialization, just that you can re-specialize.  Perhaps there was a bug that didn't let you re-take goblin engineering if you chose goblin the first time.
[right][snapback]105816[/snapback][/right]

Yes there was such a bug and I believe it also affected the leather working specializations. From what I heard, this change is only for being able take up that old specific specialization that you had the first time again.
Omg! I did a quick BRD run last night with a group last night that started off as a coffer run, but we decided to go ahead and kill the Emperor. The Lyceum has been nerfed all to heck. There're only about half the mobs there were before. Add in the fact that priests can aoe now and the whole room was a joke. Man, that is too bad. That room was one of my favorite challenging encounters in the game. All they needed to do was to add some really good loot to the Emperor to make people want to brave that room. They didn't need to nerf the Lyceum at the same time. Some of the new Emperor loot was pretty interesting, though. I ended up getting some +10 shadow resist boots with good periferal stats on them that I'll save in case there ends up being a need for massive shadow resistance in the upcoming 1.11 instance.
MongoJerry,Apr 7 2006, 09:14 AM Wrote:The Lyceum has been nerfed all to heck.  There're only about half the mobs there were before.
[right][snapback]106497[/snapback][/right]

Hmm, I only ever tried this one once, with a bunch of pretty epiced out players. We failed pretty badly, though I think people were getting pretty tired. As it used to be, I'm not sure it belonged in a level 58 instance. I have a hard time imagining it done with a nonideal, noncapped, green team.

I'm a little bit happy about the nerf, because I might have to take several cracks at this to get the new totem. It will make it easier to find a group willing to do this.

There's a video up of a druid without particularly great gear (I think) soloing his feral idol easily.

PS anybody else have the problem when they are watching a video of trying to click and drag to change the camera angle, or trying to mouse over gear to see its stats?
I'm beating the Naxxaramus will be a combo of Shadow and Cold with some Nature thrown in here in there. Reason being, look at Stratholme and Scholomance. Both have a lot of Shadow and Cold throwing mobs with some Nature damage mobs thrown in (Ghouls in Scholo, Whelps in Scholo, Aboms in Strat).
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
oldmandennis,Apr 7 2006, 02:00 PM Wrote:I have a hard time imagining it done with a nonideal, noncapped, green team.
[right][snapback]106498[/snapback][/right]

Quark, myself, and our band of misfits from back in the day, did this (Think April 2005, there is a post about it somewhere)

2 Priests
2 Hunters
1 Rogue.

Now, I think we may have all just capped, but there were little to no blues on us, and it certainly wasn't the ideal group. :P
oldmandennis,Apr 7 2006, 11:00 AM Wrote:Hmm, I only ever tried this one once, with a bunch of pretty epiced out players.  We failed pretty badly, though I think people were getting pretty tired.  As it used to be, I'm not sure it belonged in a level 58 instance.  I have a hard time imagining it done with a nonideal, noncapped, green team.

In the beta, I ran the Lyceum literally over 60 times with a group that was level 55 (the level cap at the time) with green and low level blue gear. When I say "low level blue" gear, I mean that items like Tier 0 sets, which didn't exist at the time, would have been considered godly. The Lyceum was one of those places that actually required skill and coordination to pass through, which made it a fun challenge. Nerfing the Lyceum just means that now BRD is a simple no-challenge grind instance. Boring!

Like I said, all that was needed was to make the reward for beating the Emperor -- and therefore making it through the Lyceum -- better. The proper response to a challenge should be making the rewards equal to the challenge. It shouldn't be nerfing the challenge to nonexistence.
The caster ring is a nice reward horde-side and the melee ring alliance side is very nice.

I want to get the caster ring with my warlock, but have been making no effort due to all the reports of the quest being broken in 1.10 (pricess resets and goes into evade mode. Quest completes, but cannot be turned in since princess just evades the discussion... I guess being a princess is sort of like a politician, right?)
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Concillian,Apr 7 2006, 11:34 AM Wrote:The caster ring is a nice reward horde-side and the melee ring alliance side is very nice.

It is nice, but there are other caster rings in the game that can be had that are better. I think the more interesting ring is the one that gives +armor and stamina. True, it's probably best used on a bear tank, but it's fun to gather up specialty items like that for those times you want to show off your armor later -- or maybe be a shadowform tank at some point.
Concillian,Apr 7 2006, 11:34 AM Wrote:I want to get the caster ring with my warlock, but have been making no effort due to all the reports of the quest being broken in 1.10 (pricess resets and goes into evade mode.  Quest completes, but cannot be turned in since princess just evades the discussion... I guess being a princess is sort of like a politician, right?)
[right][snapback]106505[/snapback][/right]

Is she in LoS of Tharusian when Tharusian dies? There has been a bug for a long time where if she was not able to see Tharusian die, she would not go friendly/neutral. Not sure if this is the same bug or totally new (haven't done the event in months).
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
Lissa,Apr 7 2006, 03:11 PM Wrote:Is she in LoS of Tharusian when Tharusian dies?  There has been a bug for a long time where if she was not able to see Tharusian die, she would not go friendly/neutral.  Not sure if this is the same bug or totally new (haven't done the event in months).
[right][snapback]106519[/snapback][/right]

The last two times I've done the event on Shalandrax she has been in LoS of the Emperor and still bugged out.
It's definitely a new evade bug. She was in LOS when we tried on Monday. We went so far as to have each member of the party log out in order to guarantee that if she were aggroed on someone, that condition should cease. No joy.
MongoJerry,Apr 7 2006, 11:10 AM Wrote:It is nice, but there are other caster rings in the game that can be had that are better. 
[right][snapback]106510[/snapback][/right]

There aren't many rings with +damage on them for people unable to raid. This is by far the easiest of them to get.

The fact that they added 3 more rings with +damage on them in the 1.10 content kinda demostrates that this was a hole in itemization.

Before 1.10 you pretty much had to grind WSG faction or pay out the ass for an underworld band or maiden's circle to get a ring other than the BRD reward ring with +damage on it. Now you can add killing Gandling, or the summoned bosses in Scholo and UBRS as part fo the Dungeon set upgrade quests... also not so easy tasks. Gandling is easy, but the other bosses certainly aren't.
Lissa,Apr 7 2006, 12:11 PM Wrote:Is she in LoS of Tharusian when Tharusian dies?  There has been a bug for a long time where if she was not able to see Tharusian die, she would not go friendly/neutral.  Not sure if this is the same bug or totally new (haven't done the event in months).
[right][snapback]106519[/snapback][/right]

It's definitely a new bug. People have tried not even touching her, and letting her just stand there and heal and still she evades.

It's b0rked. Add it to the list with Defenders of Darowshire and Yenniku