impossible ring/item fix?
Hi,

Is there a mod/fix that allows the 'impossible' rings (and to a lesser extent other 'impossible' unique items)to drop without altering the gameplay in other ways? I know that HF: fixed makes the ring drops possible, but if I can avoid it, I'd rather not make all those other changes.

Also, would holding onto unique items work between games? For example, if I found a ring ot thunder in one game and then started a new game with it still in my inventory, would the next qlvl=8 ring I find be a ring of mystics and so on until I get a giants knuckle or would I have to find all 7 rings in the same game?

BTW I'm only talking about SP here.

Thanks
as far as i know

1: maybe with a hacking utility that alters the mlvl of monsters to 60 so they can drop the affixes or something like that, not otherwise.

2: i suppose no, afaik the items have to be found in the same game, and the second and upwards items with the same qlvl will morph into the original at starting a new game, your first found will then also again be the first one.
Characters: Standard Diablo Rogues: 'Paardenpoep' l36, 'Purechocolade' l31; Sorcerers 'Toverkol' l40, 'Zwarte Piet' l32, 'ZureHaring' l28 (no fb), Warrior 'Klotebeest' l29, LoL characters: rogues 'Roggebrood' l26 and 'Ironvrouw' l7, sorcerer ToverLol l20, warrior LolleBolleGijs l16 ironman character name 'Ironlady', read Toverlol's journey log
Edit: Needs to learn to read the post, the whole post, and nothing but the post. As opposed to reading a few sentences from a paragraph and then getting bored and skipping down to the nest bit.
yiuman,Apr 13 2006, 11:38 AM Wrote:Is there a mod/fix that allows the 'impossible' rings (and to a lesser extent other 'impossible' unique items)to drop without altering the gameplay in other ways? I know that HF: fixed makes the ring drops possible, but if I can avoid it, I'd rather not make all those other changes.

It's possible to make such a mod. I don't necessarily have time to do it, but I scribbled up an intro modding guide at one point.

-Lemmy