Furry Mages
I haven't tri-dotted a character in years, and have found that I'm usually pretty lousy at dotting in general. :)

Add to that the fact that I have tons of fun with variants (LoL mage recently), and I've decided that I wanted to try out a lemming char!

Now, if I'm going to do this, I'm going to do it right. And by that I want to attain all the glory levels, and do all the optional quests. That includes the miniquests, as well as quests 1-10.

So I have a couple questions. Firstly, who here has any real experience with lemmings? They sound like a ton of fun, but I'd like to hear someone say it as well. (LemmingofGlory, take the stand if you will?) Also, does anyone have advice as to what order I should at least attempt these quests in? I.e. which should be done in norm/nite/hell.

Anyway, thanks!

--NatNit
~NatNit~

NatAmused(LoL) - LoL Mage (26)
NaughtyNat(LoL) - LoL Rogue (12)
FuzzyNat(LEM) - Lemming (11)
NatNit - Arty Sorc (36)
NakeyNat(NM) - Naked Mage (14)
SailorNat(BNM) - Beyond Naked Mage (9)
Started my Lemming, and he's really cool.

Planning ahead, I have questions about a couple of the quests:

5) Challenge of the King

"You are allowed these spells in the duel:
-Telekinesis, Mana Shield, Phase, Golem, Stone Curse (from scrolls only)"

Are all of these spells that I can use from scrolls only? Or is it only Stone Curse that has to be from a scroll? How can I calculate at which clvls various books and scrolls are available?

Also, Victory:

" You may use items in the King's range! You are the King!"

Does this include lesser items (i.e. Soldier's, Lord's, etc.)?

6) Butchery

" -You must fight him in his room with the door shut.
-You may use these spells: Telekinesis, Mana Shield, Healing, Phasing, Golem."

These spells can be from either scrolls or books?
Can I phase in and out of his room as I please?

Thanks again guys!

Natnit
~NatNit~

NatNit - Arty Sorc (36)
NatNit,Apr 13 2006, 12:14 PM Wrote:You may use items in the King's range! You are the King!"

[right][snapback]107076[/snapback][/right]

No real experiance with the variant itself, but am familiar with the author's other work.
He says "King's RANGE" meaning all are available, if he wrote "King's Items" then it'd just be kings.
NatNit Wrote:Now, if I'm going to do this, I'm going to do it right. And by that I want to attain all the glory levels, and do all the optional quests. That includes the miniquests, as well as quests 1-10.

Some of the quests are rather insane. If anything gets too cumbersome (as in, the rules are too restrictive to be fun), feel free to substitute something equally zany in place of it. The point of the variant was always to go against gaming norms (e.g. acheivements via dots, killing Diablo, avoiding death), only mixed in with trinkets and baubles from a bizarre mental bazaar.

Quote:Firstly, who here has any real experience with lemmings? They sound like a ton of fun, but I'd like to hear someone say it as well. (LemmingofGlory, take the stand if you will?) Also, does anyone have advice as to what order I should at least attempt these quests in? I.e. which should be done in norm/nite/hell.

My friend Xandar and I were the only ones I knew to actually play the Lemming variant, but I haven't seen him since he got sucked into "Dark Age of Camelot" a few years ago. (Xan, you don't read here, do you?) I think that as written, it's not as fluid of a variant as it could be (I'd be surprised if you can play it without a rules printout), but getting into the mindset is what's the most fun.

Quote:5) Challenge of the King
"You are allowed these spells in the duel:
-Telekinesis, Mana Shield, Phase, Golem, Stone Curse (from scrolls only)"

Are all of these spells that I can use from scrolls only? Or is it only Stone Curse that has to be from a scroll? How can I calculate at which clvls various books and scrolls are available?

Going by the way my brain usually processes lists, the parenthetical was probably meant to apply only to Stone Curse. "(From scrolls only)" written before the list would apply it to all items in the list.

Jarulf's Guide can tell you how to calculate when you can buy stuff.

Quote:" You may use items in the King's range! You are the King!"

That's definitely crappy wording. I believe that prior to the quest, all +ToHit%/+Dmg% enchantments were disallowed, so that quest permits use of all such enchantments.

Quote:" -You must fight him in his room with the door shut.
-You may use these spells: Telekinesis, Mana Shield, Healing, Phasing, Golem."

These spells can be from either scrolls or books?
Can I phase in and out of his room as I please?

There's no restriction on how the spells must be cast. With regard to phasing, the spirit of the quest is to trap you in the room with Butcher. So if you phase out, you should phase back in again. Teleporting back in is okay, but phasing is preferable for the less predictable placement.

-Lemmy
Thanks for the reply, Lemming. :) 'preciate it.

FuzzyNat(LEM) is now level 11. Still gloryless, with nothing on his glory list. :/ Faced the Butcher in his room, but managed to die after 5 full reds and a couple heals later.

I like him though. He has a knack for Repair Staff-ing when he means to Heal, which confuses the monster like you wouldn't believe!

--NatNit
~NatNit~

NatNit - Arty Sorc (36)