Diablo Releases with CD Keys
Hi Lurkers. How are ya?

I moved recently (well, in December) and gave to a friend my Blizzard-bought copy of D1, and...well..the itch is back. I checked the Blizzard Store and D1 is no longer for sale there (?!), then eBay. Lots of copies of the game are available for auction, but none seem to contain CD Key.

When did this key start appearing? IIRC, it's on the outside back cover, but I don't trust my memory well enough to slap down $5.95 USD no questions asked. The sellers I've asked don't offer copies with the key, btw.

Perhaps I've missed something...wouldn't surprise me. For what it's worth, there'll be another player on US West once I get all patched up (hint for help oh please oh please).

Have a great day.

>When did this key start appearing?

In the Diablo series, around Diablo 2.
Diablo has never had a CD key.
Nystul,May 12 2006, 11:20 AM Wrote:Diablo has never had a CD key.
[right][snapback]109693[/snapback][/right]
And it better never ever have...
Good night.
Nystul,May 12 2006, 12:20 AM Wrote:Diablo has never had a CD key.
[right][snapback]109693[/snapback][/right]

Wait...what? Is my memory so shoddy that I have a false memory of typing in my key to create a bnet account? Sheesh....

Well, then that makes my life particularly easy.

Thanks for the insight, 'preciate it.

.Plaid,May 12 2006, 09:44 AM Wrote:Wait...what? Is my memory so shoddy that I have a false memory of typing in my key to create a bnet account? Sheesh....

[right][snapback]109720[/snapback][/right]
Starcraft was the first Blizzard product with a CD Key.

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
.Plaid,May 12 2006, 03:44 PM Wrote:Wait...what? Is my memory so shoddy that I have a false memory of typing in my key to create a bnet account? Sheesh....

[right][snapback]109720[/snapback][/right]

You need to enter a CD key to create a forum account at www.battle.net. This annoyed Diablo players, since we have no such key. As the others have said, no key is required for installing or playing online.
.Plaid,May 12 2006, 01:23 AM Wrote:Perhaps I've missed something...wouldn't surprise me. For what it's worth, there'll be another player on US West once I get all patched up (hint for help oh please oh please).

I remember a time when you wrote out the puncutation mark in your name. How times have changed!

Good to see you again.

-Lemmy