Help.. =(
Hello, everyone. I have just experienced a player's worst nightmare - losin everythin. I HAD a level 36 tank mage (Force_11.06.04.) with some very good equipment, and I was recently playin a game on Battle.net (public, unfortunately, it was meant as a Laz run and a quick test to see how I fair in Hell/Hell with my newly found item, the Dreamflange). So I was in lv15, and there were a bunch of witches and mages as well as Bloodlust herself shootin at me, and I was just about to use a pot, but then what happens? My anti-virus program suddenly pops up and minimizes Diablo, and tells me it found a virus in my comp. So I switch back to D, and to my horror, I am dead. So I press restart in town, and I'm just about to go back down, when then some idiot (named L_Nemesis or somethin) joins the game and crashes it on me. So what does this all mean? All my precious equipment that I took sooo long to get is now gone.. all gone.

This is what I lost

- a Royal Circlet
- an Awesome Full Plate Mail of Precision (+147% AC, 72 base AC, +17 dex)
- an Obsidian Amulet (31% resist all)
- a Serpent's Ring of The Zodiac (+37 mana, +18 to all)
- a Diamond Ring of The Heavens (forgot the stats, but it was good enough)
- my precious and newly found Dreamflange
- a Stormshield

With that setup, I had max resists to magic, 31% resists to the rest, up to 284ac or so, over 800mana, and 320 magic! My stats were quite high, but now, all I am left with is my Civerb's Cudgel, Master's Bastard Sword, an Amulet of The Heavens and a bunch of crappy rings I wont ever need/use. So this is what I'm askin - and I hope it's not a bother to anyone, either - that if anyone finds any item that is in any way similar/equal to what I lost, hit me up. I know I'm askin for too much, but this was one big loss, and I doubt some of those items I could ever find again. Thanks for your time, and any help is appreciated.
Gateway: USA East
Sorcerer: Force_11.06.04.
Warrior: ForceLuvsSheFlex
LAW: Force_Nov.06.04.

Luvin my babe forever.. =))
That armor was pretty good :).

I lost my 50 lvl sorc (DAOW, DrakesROW, drakesROW, THC dur 81, DF, Naj, Crimson/Brilliance shield), 49 lvl rogue (Eme/Heavens LBB 45%/15, OROZ, DAOS, DROH, RC, Saintly/Stars plate AC 160) and my lvl 44 war (KSOS/KSOV, RC, Awe plate AC 180+, Eme/Tiger shield AC 20/44%, some pretty rings - Ruby/Zod 57%/20 for example), lvl 35 BNM and few other chars.

That's bad too, isn't it? ;) :unsure:
Look on the bright side:
you get to experience the thrill of finding better equipment than you have now. That was a lot harder with the setup you had wasn't it?
I know it's not what you want to hear right now, but think about it ;-)
Always look at the bright side of life! :D :)
Ahh, losin several high level characters must feel horrible. Oh well, I guess you have to live on and keep tryin.

OK, here's what I wanna know, why, oh WHY do people bother crashing a nearly 10 year old game with very few players in it anyway? Seriously, WTF? Someone needs to hunt down and flog these people in real life. Damn griefers. <_<
Force,Apr 17 2006, 09:35 AM Wrote:So I press restart in town, and I'm just about to go back down, when then some idiot (named L_Nemesis or somethin) joins the game and crashes it on me. So what does this all mean? All my precious equipment that I took sooo long to get is now gone.. all gone.

Game crashes are classified under the "acts of douchebaggery" clause, which means if you restore from backup very few people will make a stink about it.

Quote:So this is what I'm askin - and I hope it's not a bother to anyone, either - that if anyone finds any item that is in any way similar/equal to what I lost, hit me up. I know I'm askin for too much, but this was one big loss, and I doubt some of those items I could ever find again. Thanks for your time, and any help is appreciated.

I have several TFoS. :)

-Lemmy
LemmingofGlory,Apr 18 2006, 12:10 AM Wrote:Game crashes are classified under the "acts of douchebaggery" clause, which means if you restore from backup very few people will make a stink about it.
I have several TFoS. :)

-Lemmy
[right][snapback]107508[/snapback][/right]
What, they didn't sell when you put them up for auction on eBay? :lol:

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Force: Back-up your characters, find a game with witches and mages on level 15, then go get killed by bloodlust and then try to recover your gear ;)
might i advise witches and balrogs instead of mages?
Characters: Standard Diablo Rogues: 'Paardenpoep' l36, 'Purechocolade' l31; Sorcerers 'Toverkol' l40, 'Zwarte Piet' l32, 'ZureHaring' l28 (no fb), Warrior 'Klotebeest' l29, LoL characters: rogues 'Roggebrood' l26 and 'Ironvrouw' l7, sorcerer ToverLol l20, warrior LolleBolleGijs l16 ironman character name 'Ironlady', read Toverlol's journey log
Force,Apr 17 2006, 11:35 PM Wrote:Hello, everyone. I have just experienced a player's worst nightmare - losin everythin. I HAD a level 36 tank mage (Force_11.06.04.) with some very good equipment, and I was recently playin a game on Battle.net (public, unfortunately, it was meant as a Laz run and a quick test to see how I fair in Hell/Hell with my newly found item, the Dreamflange). So I was in lv15, and there were a bunch of witches and mages as well as Bloodlust herself shootin at me, and I was just about to use a pot, but then what happens? My anti-virus program suddenly pops up and minimizes Diablo, and tells me it found a virus in my comp. So I switch back to D, and to my horror, I am dead. So I press restart in town, and I'm just about to go back down, when then some idiot (named L_Nemesis or somethin) joins the game and crashes it on me. So what does this all mean? All my precious equipment that I took sooo long to get is now gone.. all gone.

This is what I lost

- a Royal Circlet
- an Awesome Full Plate Mail of Precision (+147% AC, 72 base AC, +17 dex)
- an Obsidian Amulet (31% resist all)
- a Serpent's Ring of The Zodiac (+37 mana, +18 to all)
- a Diamond Ring of The Heavens (forgot the stats, but it was good enough)
- my precious and newly found Dreamflange
- a Stormshield

With that setup, I had max resists to magic, 31% resists to the rest, up to 284ac or so, over 800mana, and 320 magic! My stats were quite high, but now, all I am left with is my Civerb's Cudgel, Master's Bastard Sword, an Amulet of The Heavens and a bunch of crappy rings I wont ever need/use. So this is what I'm askin - and I hope it's not a bother to anyone, either - that if anyone finds any item that is in any way similar/equal to what I lost, hit me up. I know I'm askin for too much, but this was one big loss, and I doubt some of those items I could ever find again. Thanks for your time, and any help is appreciated.
[right][snapback]107414[/snapback][/right]

Played a game with you yesterday.
Not sure if you noticed but as much as i loath sorcerers i offered you an obs heavens ammy 31/12 i think, to ease the pain - I certainly won't ever use it.

Have more junk too if any one's interested -
Drakes ring of Harmony - 45 mana
Diamond ring of Perfection - 55% resist magic/30 dex.
Obsidian Ring of Perfection - 35% resist all/29 dex.
Sapphire Ring of the Heavens - 57% resist lightning/15 to all.
Gold Ring of the Stars - 24% chance to hit/11 to all.
Jade Ring of the Tiger - 27% resist all/50 life.
Gold Ring of Vim - 27% chance to hit/15 vit.
Crystal Ammy of Wizardry - 42% resist magic/28 mag.
Sapphire Ring of Wizardry - 60% resist lightning/23 mag.
Gold Ammy of the Wolf - 27% chance to hit/39 life.
Jade Ammy of the Lion - 30% resist all/ 60 life.

Reply here if you want something - First in, first served - unless i say different ;)
Aarda's still throwing roses at the rain...
Hureg,Apr 19 2006, 05:00 AM Wrote:Played a game with you yesterday.
Not sure if you noticed but as much as i loath sorcerers i offered you an obs heavens ammy 31/12 i think, to ease the pain - I certainly won't ever use it.

Diamond ring of Perfection&nbsp; - 55% resist magic/30 dex.

Reply here if you want something - First in, first served - unless i say different ;)
[right][snapback]107712[/snapback][/right]

Hehe, I wouldn't mind havin a go at that Obs/Heavens ammy, and I do know that you despise sorcerers (especially tank mages, since in general, the game will become a breeze to such, and it takes away the challenge), but you do have to give me some credit for gettin practically almost everythin I have (Ian gave me a spare CC he had :)). So far, I'm not gonna concentrate as much on the misery of my fallen sorc, but more on my other characters, too - especially my LAW.

Thanks for the help/advice, and I'll make sure to work on backups more often.

Force,Apr 19 2006, 11:09 PM Wrote:Hehe, I wouldn't mind havin a go at that Obs/Heavens ammy, and I do know that you despise sorcerers (especially tank mages, since in general, the game will become a breeze to such, and it takes away the challenge), but you do have to give me some credit for gettin practically almost everythin I have (Ian gave me a spare CC he had :)). So far, I'm not gonna concentrate as much on the misery of my fallen sorc, but more on my other characters, too - especially my LAW.

Thanks for the help/advice, and I'll make sure to work on backups more often.
[right][snapback]107717[/snapback][/right]

Force got the obs heavens ammy - rest is still up for grabs if anyone wants.
Hureg,Apr 19 2006, 10:00 AM Wrote:Played a game with you yesterday.

Diamond ring of Perfection&nbsp; - 55% resist magic/30 dex.

[right][snapback]107712[/snapback][/right]

i'm pretty sure you play on east, but if you are playing on europe i would be more then happy to get any of thease :)

Sapphire Ring of Wizardry - 60% resist lightning/23 mag
Crystal Ammy of Wizardry - 42% resist magic/28 mag
[Image: spinalsig3xy1.gif]
Spinal,May 11 2006, 04:28 AM Wrote:i'm pretty sure you play on east, but if you are playing on europe i would be more then happy to get any of thease :)

Sapphire Ring of Wizardry - 60% resist lightning/23 mag
Crystal Ammy of Wizardry - 42% resist magic/28 mag
[right][snapback]109496[/snapback][/right]

I play all over. As should everyone. Or rather, everyone should play in the same spot so i don't have to always be jumping gateways and playing all over.

I'm meeting some friends for an IM continuation tomorrow on Europe. If you /m Hureg between 1.30pm and 2pm central European Time (1.30-2pm Czech time that is, I assume it's central European time) I can pass on the items to you. Otherwise yeah, diablo le on East will be your best bet.

BTW - I have a feeling that the gold stars, obs perfection, sapphire heavens and jade lion all belong to other people now, but the items you want I'm pretty sure I still have.

EDIT - Tomorrow being friday that is.

~Hureg
D1 Ironman Tournament 2006
http://p205.ezboard.com/bthedsfcommunity
Hureg,May 11 2006, 03:47 PM Wrote:I play all over. As should everyone. Or rather, everyone should play in the same spot so i don't have to always be jumping gateways and playing all over.

I'm meeting some friends for an IM continuation tomorrow on Europe. If you /m Hureg between 1.30pm and 2pm central European Time (1.30-2pm Czech time that is, I assume it's central European time) I can pass on the items to you. Otherwise yeah, diablo le on East will be your best bet.

BTW - I have a feeling that the gold stars, obs perfection, sapphire heavens and jade lion all belong to other people now, but the items you want I'm pretty sure I still have.

EDIT - Tomorrow being friday that is.

~Hureg
D1 Ironman Tournament 2006
http://p205.ezboard.com/bthedsfcommunity
[right][snapback]109606[/snapback][/right]
Thanks alot! :) that would be a sweet boost for me, i will try to catch you on europe tomorrw then, otherwhise i'm comming over to east :P

btw i didn't know you could switch from europe to east when i made that post ;)
[Image: spinalsig3xy1.gif]