Warriors, what weapon do you use right now?
I do use now some powerful to-hit-damage mace (with shield). Strangely, for me, whenever I have some powerful enough sword, there'll always appear some MACE...or even a CLUB! with better capabilities. Like, Civerb's Cudgel or Lightforge (from Abysmal) or even a "Club of Haste" from wirt :)

I alternate that mace-with-shield with a Magic-Resist Maul while wearing also a Magic-Resist Crown. What to say-- Besides better STUNNING of enemies, I found MAX spell-resist way better than 0-resist w/blocking, when up against deadly blood stars. Perhaps this is where 2h weapons excel... perhaps.
Good night.
I haven't played in a few months, but I opened a game with my "newest" warrior to see what he was using. His equipped weapon is, of course, Dreamflange. In the backpack, he has Civerb's Cudgel and a king's sabre of speed. This seems to be pretty typical of what most of my non-variant warriors have ended up lugging around.
well, apart from affixes i tend to mislike bludgeoning weapons because of lava maws, and there being not many undead in lower dungeons. I tend to bring some clublike weapon along in low level lol games however
Characters: Standard Diablo Rogues: 'Paardenpoep' l36, 'Purechocolade' l31; Sorcerers 'Toverkol' l40, 'Zwarte Piet' l32, 'ZureHaring' l28 (no fb), Warrior 'Klotebeest' l29, LoL characters: rogues 'Roggebrood' l26 and 'Ironvrouw' l7, sorcerer ToverLol l20, warrior LolleBolleGijs l16 ironman character name 'Ironlady', read Toverlol's journey log
Hi,

Retnuh-Tsaeb (lvl 33) is using a Knight's Bastard Sword of Gore (+38% cth, +109% dam, adds 12 points to dam), and has a Grandfather for cash/coolness in the inventory.

I gave away the only King's Sword of Haste (Broadsword) I found in years to my girlfriend. :blush:

Greetings, Fragbait
Quote:You cannot pass... I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the Flame of Anor. The Dark Flame will not avail you, Flame of Udun. Go back to the shadow. You shall not pass.
- Gandalf, speaking to the Balrog

Quote:Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless, like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash! Be water, my friend...
- Bruce Lee

Quote: There's an old Internet adage which simply states that the first person to resort to personal attacks in an online argument is the loser. Don't be one.
- excerpt from the forum rules

Post content property of Fragbait (member of the lurkerlounge). Do not (hesitate to) quote without permission.

>I gave away the only King's Sword of Haste (Broadsword) I found in years to my girlfriend. :blush:

?! I hope she knows the value of what you gave her. If that was me I'd put that thing in the pre-nup agreement.
Another question
Is there any difference between using a sword or a flail? (excluding the difference in ground damage dealing)
If there is any, what would you prefer to use?
Kings broud sword of Haste 172%/88%
Kings flail of Haste 175%/100% (!)
I somehow felt that the sword was doing better than the flail but maybe it was just my imagination
Quote:Is there any difference between using a sword or a flail? (excluding the difference in ground damage dealing)

Yes. Club type weapons (which include flails) do 1.5 x damage to undead type monsters, and only 0.5 x damage to animal type monsters. Conversely, swords do 0.5 x damage to undead, and 1.5 x damage to animals.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?"

-W.C. Fields
LennyLen,May 18 2006, 05:18 AM Wrote:Yes.  Club type weapons (which include flails) do 1.5 x damage to undead type monsters, and only 0.5 x damage to animal type monsters. Conversely, swords do 0.5 x damage to undead, and 1.5 x damage to animals.
[right][snapback]110237[/snapback][/right]

What is important here is that it is *not* your weapon damage that receives the increase/decrease. It is your overall damage, which makes it very important.

To the original poster: There are no undead in Hell, at all. OTOH, the only animals in Hell are dogs, but they are very common on dlvl 13 and 14, which makes blunt weapons undesirable for Hell.

-A
Ashock,May 18 2006, 05:45 PM Wrote:What is important here is that it is *not* your weapon damage that receives the increase/decrease. It is your overall damage, which makes it very important.

To the original poster: There are no undead in Hell, at all. OTOH, the only animals in Hell are dogs, but they are very common on dlvl 13 and 14, which makes blunt weapons undesirable for Hell.
-A
[right][snapback]110241[/snapback][/right]
I know... it was just the fun of repeated coincidence of finding a club with BETTER suffixes than ever. Maybe there's no math in here, just God's will ;)
Good night.