A Warrior Destined For Hell
Heiho,

please check the Honor Runeword AmnElIthTirSol. You'll find it way superior to your current weapon to the cost of very common runes. Even if you stay on the s/s route you can wear a 2H sword onehanded with a Barbarian. The Runes are common enough to spend them at the next 5sock exceptional sword crossing your path without regret.
so long ...
librarian

Check out some peanuts or the
Diablo II FAQtoids
current status: re-thinking about HoB
Hail librarian,

Thanks for the input. I have also eyed the runeword Honor for quite a while. Although there's a few hardships with obtaining that runeword, and it isin't the runes.

I have yet to actually see a five socket weapon (non-the-less a sword!) in all my play. So in order to use the runeword Honor, I either have to find a phase blade (elite crystal sword), or I have to pump up my strength in order to use the elite two handed swords.

I saved up my socket quests, so I have to use them wisely if I don't find a socketed sword. If I use that quest in order to socket a item, I would rather use it up for a runeword that is a bit better (Crescent Moon).

Now if I happen to find a five socket sword, I'm all over the runeword Honor :)

Cheers,
MonTy
Heiho,

I wasn't referring to it as an end-game weapon (this time ^^).
Dimensional Blade, Zweihander and Executioner Sword are exceptional ones you can find with 5 sockets.

Otherwise check Strength Runeword (AmnTir), which needs only a twosocketed weapon, and I consider it still superior to your sword due to Crushing Blow.
so long ...
librarian

Check out some peanuts or the
Diablo II FAQtoids
current status: re-thinking about HoB
It seems real life is not allowing me to undertake this goal I have set. I barely have time to write this, and I'm about an hour away from beating Baal on nightmare - but I don't think I'll even be able to do that. Life just turned hectic real fast. In short I lost my dream job to a budget cut and my 1.5 year relationship (we were living together) went sour. So I have to move back to my hometown and stabalize myself. Find another job, spend time with my friends, and sort things out. But anyways, I wanted to say thanks for all the talk and advice with my character. You guys have made it incredibly fun and enjoyable experience.

Take Care,
MonTy
Hail all!

Wow, reading through this post has brought back some fond memories of D2. Your replies and interest definitely made this character a fun journey. I've gone through a lot in life since my last post, and finally things are starting to settle down (I went from Buies Creek North Carolina to the big bad city of Manhattan, what a change of pace!) I'm thinking of starting MonTy the Concentrate Barbarian back up ( I lost my data files), but only if others would be interested in reading it. As much as I love D2, it's quite old and the support from you guys made it worthwhile. I hope all is well with everyone. It feels nice to post again!

Cheers,

MonTy
If you write it up, I'd definitely follow the Conc barb's story. Though admittedly, my advice is rustier than ever, so I doubt I'd be able to be much help anymore on that end.

Cheers,

Munk
Hail Munkay!

Good to hear from a name I remember. I hope all is well.

I am planning on changing up the build a bit. Warcry was fun, but shout really belongs in this build. I also plan on switching between a two handed sword and sword/shield for more efficiency in combat. I truly had fun with this character and I'm looking forward to starting him up again. I just wish I had all those runes from all my Countess runs :-P
Why don't you just do a leap/warcry/shout/zerk build?
warcry = physical
shout = synergy to warcray
zerk = magical
leap = knockback in case of hordes.