Rogue 1.12 Preview
As mentioned on the Lurker Lounge front page, Drysc posted some tables showing how Eciscerate, Garrote, and Rupture will scale in 1.12:

Quote:Below are the current values that we are currently working with for the scaling of Garrote, Eviscerate, and Rupture with Attack Power. As with everything in the review, these are subject to change.

The original thread detailing the most recent changes announced for the review can be found here: https://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.a...rogue&t=1337254

Garrote 6:
Old Damage: 432
600 AP: 660
800 AP:696
1500 AP: 822
% Increase for 1500 AP: 90%

Eviscerate 8:
Old Damage: 936
600 AP: 941
800 AP: 971
1500 AP: 1076

Eviscerate 9:
600 AP: 1048
800 AP: 1078
1500 AP: 1183
% Increase for 1500 AP: 26%

Rupture 6:
Old Damage: 935
600 AP: 944
800 AP: 992
1500 AP: 1160
% Increase for 1500 AP: 24%
Latest PTR update:

Expose Armor is back to its old self (1700 @ 5 CP at highest rank) but stacks with Sunder Armor. No word from Blizzard about this yet.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Quote:Latest PTR update:

Expose Armor is back to its old self (1700 @ 5 CP at highest rank) but stacks with Sunder Armor. No word from Blizzard about this yet.

That I can live with. Though I'm not sure ti will add any appeal to the improved Sunder armor talent.

According to some of the mods I have that do damage calcs and such, Nefarion only has 3684 armor. 5 sunders is 2250 + 1700 = 3950. Chromaggus is at 3975 armor. So if they stack a 5 point from the rogues with 5 sunders will reduce most raid mobs to 0. It's a nice DPS addition for sure the issue is will the improved sunder talent have any value at all.

It's possible the mod is off, but really it shouldn't be too hard to calculate damage reduction of a mob and then translate that to armor. It's possible that armor works differently on a mob than a player (like AP) though.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Quote:That I can live with.

But won't:(

Going back to the old EA is confirmed as WAI, stacking with SA is confirmed as a bug. Why the hell did they change it in the first place, then?
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Quote:But won't:(

Going back to the old EA is confirmed as WAI, stacking with SA is confirmed as a bug. Why the hell did they change it in the first place, then?

Sigh...
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
I've been considering a few builds, and figure with 1.12 release likely within the next couple weeks, it's a prudent time for discussing them.

Background:
My rogue is not my most played character, check the profile below and you'll see her gear is not that great. Under the 'wish list' is stuff I might have reasonable access to, with the possible addition of revered and exalted AV items if I spend more time in AV. I left weapons the same, but consider the AH my primary source of weapons since the rogue doesn't do much instancing and if I do, I will generally pass anything really nice to toons that get more play than my rogue.

Current build is prep / cold blood with improved sap and 2/5 precision. No imp. backstab, I've basically never really used a dagger. When I got Julie's dagger as an offhand I had to do significant leveling of my dagger skill :blush:

I'm not averse to using daggers, just most of the playtime with this char is solo PvE, which, due to facing issues, seems to me kind of tough to do as well with a dagger as with a mace/sword.

As I said, I don't generally do a ton of instancing with the rogue. When I do, I'd say there's about a 50/50 chance it will be in a stealth group and sap will be a primary form of CC. So I lean towards keeping imp. sap.

Now I see a few options:
1) Keep a similar build to what I have now, gain a small amount of damage in subtlety due to the talent review improvements. Weapon improvements available through AH or potentially get into a Venoxis / Kurinaxx group for Ravenholdt

2) spec a heavy sublety build for hemo and deadliness. You can see I don't have tons of AP, but this might gain me more steady damage in trade for losing cold blood, a nice burst damage option.

3) Spec a seal fate build for solo PvE dagger. Assume I will grind AV for lobo in this case with several good off-hand options

4) Spec a combat sword build and assume I purchase krol or assassination blade MH and something like a hanzo or something off-hand

3 & 4 would obviously give up imp. sap.

3) looks the most attractive, due primarily to weapon availability, but I'm unsure about solo PvE with a 1.8 speed dagger, seems like having to SS with a dagger might be a loss in damage compared to cold forged hammer, even considering the ~6 DPS advantage lobo would have on normal attacks. The lower damage range and the lower AP normalization speeed seems like a liability... is the primary way to DPS with dagger in solo PvE to gouge, run behind then backstab?

4) might be better damage but would also be a cost in terms of AH-ing the weapons. Based on AH prices it looks like it would be about 300g to switch to swords with Assassination / Hanzo or about 550 or so for Krol + Hanzo. This would require similar grinding effort to getting AV exalted without the significant ring upgrade to go along with it.

Maybe I should just take the improvements in subtlety and go with somethign similar to what I have, or maybe a hemo build.

Any opinions on 1.12 primarily solo PvE builds to go for with crappy gear?
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Latest tidbit, from the latest PTR's patchnotes supposedly:

Quote: - Temporary item buffs (e.g. poisons, sharpening stones and shaman
weapon buffs) will no longer persist through zoning or logging out
due to technical issues. This feature is anticipated to be
activated once more with the expansion.

... I wonder what else is going to hit before the patch goes live?

Latest tidbit, from the latest PTR's patchnotes supposedly:

Logging in will no longer in fact log you in due to technical issues. This feature is anticipated to be
activated once more with the expansion.

Give us 50$ or the game gets it.
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.a...mp=1#post359360

Quote: Players will notice in the latest PTR update that a change was made to the functionality of temporary item buffs (e.g. poisons, sharpening stones and shaman weapon buffs.) While we only just recently allowed the affects of these temporary item buffs to persist upon zoning and logging out, due to the extra demand it was placing on our hardware we've decided that for the time being, it was best to revert the change. We do anticipate this functionality will be available again once the anticipated hardware upgrades have been completed in preparation for the Burning Crusade's release.

Hmm... interesting, blaming lag on weapon buffs persisting through zoning...

I propose an alternate solution:
Give Windfury totem to rogues and warriors so they don't ever want to apply poisons / stones.
:P
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
From further down in the thread:

Quote:Poster: ogre at 8/10/2006 12:52:54 PM PDT
Subject: Re: Temporary Item Buffs
The code that was allowing this to work was actually added for socketed items for the expansion. There's a lot more to it than just one extra enchantment being saved. This new storage mechanism for socketing has had a major impact on the sites that are still running on our old hardware platform, which was already close to maxed out on some of those sites. Every site in the world will be running on newer, better, hardware by the time the expansion rolls around, and we will be able to fix thisagain, as well as have socketed items for the expansion.

This is obviously not an ideal solution, but we had to weigh the problems players are having just playing at all on some of the old sites at times against leaving this as is.

So there is at least some explanation of how such a little thing could affect performance so much.