Shaman Totems vs Paladin Blessings
Quote:Your guess is as good as mine about where the two hybrid clases are going to go in the expansion.

It is true that we don't know what direction the two classes are going. But the availability of these classes to both factions in the expansion certainly opens up many more possible directions.

Blizzard can now actually specialize these classes, rather then trying to keep them balanced against each other. What I mean by this is, we might see some encounters where a Paladin is called to tank, or Shamans becoming an actually viable DPS class - giving new, fun and unique skills to one class will no longer have to go through the "faction imbalance check", which is good news for both classes. Bloodlust for Shamans! Actual melee skills for Paladins! Etc.
Quote:It definitely depends on the boss, but in some encounters, it definitely helps. CoE and CoS go up first, but after that, CoR can really help your melee and hunter dps if the added attack power given to the boss isn't significantly dangerous.
This is rather OT, but most guilds (including ours) put CoElements and CoRecklessness up before CoS. CoS only benefits the warlocks, whereas CoR allows the tanks to generate more threat and the rogues to deal more damage (and we tend to have a lot of both).
Tichondrius
Arnath - UD Warlock (Tailoring/Herbalism)
Seirei - Troll Priest (Mining/Skinning)
Bhim - Tauren Warrior (Mining/Herbalism)
Quote:CoS only benefits the warlocks

Nitpick. Not true. CoS reduces shadow and arcane, which means Hunter's arcane shot benefits and Mages may benefit (arcane tree), and anyone with shadow/arcane wands benefits. It also helps the other curses GET and STAY on there, given all curses are shadow based for resistence checks. That's why CoS is FIRST. Its more time and mana efficient to put cos first, then the other curses.

Nitpick because most everyone competent puts in all three, however for those that argue and think CoS is for locks only--you're wrong.
Quote:Nitpick. Not true. CoS reduces shadow and arcane, which means Hunter's arcane shot benefits and Mages may benefit (arcane tree), and anyone with shadow/arcane wands benefits. It also helps the other curses GET and STAY on there, given all curses are shadow based for resistence checks. That's why CoS is FIRST. Its more time and mana efficient to put cos first, then the other curses.

Nitpick because most everyone competent puts in all three, however for those that argue and think CoS is for locks only--you're wrong.

Sorry to nitpick your nitpick but...to my understanding, CoS helps all shadow and arcane debuffs stick. This includes shadow weaving and faerie fire.

Related: when PvPing against high level players than you (such as a rogue trying to gank the warlock you're leveling), CoS is helpful in sticking your dots--toss up CoS, then Corruption, then CoA.
Quote:Sorry to nitpick your nitpick but...to my understanding, CoS helps all shadow and arcane debuffs stick. This includes shadow weaving and faerie fire.

Related: when PvPing against high level players than you (such as a rogue trying to gank the warlock you're leveling), CoS is helpful in sticking your dots--toss up CoS, then Corruption, then CoA.

If I may... A nitpick on your nitpick to a nitpick!

Faerie Fire is Nature, so it won't be affected by CoS...

http://www.thottbot.com/?sp=9749
Quote:If I may... A nitpick on your nitpick to a nitpick!

I'm going to nitpick your nitpick because I'm nitpicking Monkey's nitpick, because it isn't a nitpick at all! Its an addendum. For Monkey's nitpick to be a nitpick, it'd have to pick nits against something I said, amd Monkey picks no nits to pick in my post to pick nits with. Everything nit in my pick was knitted and picked right. The nit that CoS picks up arcane/shadow stuff better does not pick nits with my nitpick post, because my saying CoS picking Curses to help out does not disclude the nit that picks it able to help other abilities stick. In short, there's no nit to pick in your mislabled nitpick post picking with my picked post of nitpicking, and without nits in picking with my nitpick, you're not picking nits with my nitpick but just adding your pick of information while falsely proposing a half pickled thought of a nitpick that picks no nits and is subject to me picking nits at your nitpicking pickled with a half baked nit.

That's my nitpick, and I'm sticking to it.
Quote:I'm going to nitpick your nitpick because I'm nitpicking Monkey's nitpick, because it isn't a nitpick at all! Its an addendum. For Monkey's nitpick to be a nitpick, it'd have to pick nits against something I said, amd Monkey picks no nits to pick in my post to pick nits with. Everything nit in my pick was knitted and picked right. The nit that CoS picks up arcane/shadow stuff better does not pick nits with my nitpick post, because my saying CoS picking Curses to help out does not disclude the nit that picks it able to help other abilities stick. In short, there's no nit to pick in your mislabled nitpick post picking with my picked post of nitpicking, and without nits in picking with my nitpick, you're not picking nits with my nitpick but just adding your pick of information while falsely proposing a half pickled thought of a nitpick that picks no nits and is subject to me picking nits at your nitpicking pickled with a half baked nit.

:wacko:
Quote:I'm going to nitpick your nitpick because I'm nitpicking Monkey's nitpick, because it isn't a nitpick at all! Its an addendum. For Monkey's nitpick to be a nitpick, it'd have to pick nits against something I said, amd Monkey picks no nits to pick in my post to pick nits with. Everything nit in my pick was knitted and picked right. The nit that CoS picks up arcane/shadow stuff better does not pick nits with my nitpick post, because my saying CoS picking Curses to help out does not disclude the nit that picks it able to help other abilities stick. In short, there's no nit to pick in your mislabled nitpick post picking with my picked post of nitpicking, and without nits in picking with my nitpick, you're not picking nits with my nitpick but just adding your pick of information while falsely proposing a half pickled thought of a nitpick that picks no nits and is subject to me picking nits at your nitpicking pickled with a half baked nit.

Nit-wits. All of you.:)
At first I thought, "Mind control satellites? No way!" But now I can't remember how we lived without them.
------
WoW PC's of significance
Vaimadarsa Pavis Hykim Jakaleel Odayla Odayla

Ah but is it not true that my nitpick was directed at Monkey's nitpick, or rather, the paragraph that he labeled as a "nitpick", which not necessarily makes it so? So your nitpickiness with my nitpick would have to be addressed to Monkey first and foremost, as, by your defnition of nitpicking, his nitpick would not constitute a proper nitpick, and thus be disallowed from nitpickery to your original nitpick! It is not my nitpick's fault for picking a mislabeled nitpick to pick on! Thus I stand by my nitpick, however misdirected the original nit that the nitpick was directed at, against all your attempts at pickery of my nitpick, and will stand by my nitpick against all your further attempts to pickeer it!