Flying Mounts Preview
For your reading enjoyment.

http://worldofwarcraft.com/burningcrusade/...etherdrake.html
Dare I ask how much these things will cost?
Quote:Dare I ask how much these things will cost?

From reading the preview, it sounds like it will be more than just money.

If I were to speculate, I would guess it will be similar to the early armor upgrade quest-line, requiring a mixture of expenses, grinding and instance boss(es).
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Quote:From reading the preview, it sounds like it will be more than just money.

If I were to speculate, I would guess it will be similar to the early armor upgrade quest-line, requiring a mixture of expenses, grinding and instance boss(es).

If you watch the video, they explain that you can get them from Questing, Shopkeepers, Reputation, or combinations of those.

edit: and to throw in my own two cents, I think there will probably be one major path available for each gamestyle. So solo/small group players will probably have something like the 0.5 quest, as you say, PvP guys will probably get access to a PvP version of the mount, raiders might get it from having high reputation with a certain raid-faction.

Clearly they are very different from the Epic Mounts in that they are necessary for large chunks of content, so I suspect they'll be easier to get than some of the most cynical expect. I expect they'll be actually cheaper than normal epic mounts, but require more "effort" in the sense of having to do long, complex quest lines like the Onyxia chain.
Quote:If you watch the video, they explain that you can get them from Questing, Shopkeepers, Reputation, or combinations of those.

edit: and to throw in my own two cents, I think there will probably be one major path available for each gamestyle. So solo/small group players will probably have something like the 0.5 quest, as you say, PvP guys will probably get access to a PvP version of the mount, raiders might get it from having high reputation with a certain raid-faction.

Clearly they are very different from the Epic Mounts in that they are necessary for large chunks of content, so I suspect they'll be easier to get than some of the most cynical expect. I expect they'll be actually cheaper than normal epic mounts, but require more "effort" in the sense of having to do long, complex quest lines like the Onyxia chain.

I wouldn't mind having to do a quest for this....looks neat to me:)
Quote:I wouldn't mind having to do a quest for this....looks neat to me:)

Me neither... as long as it's nothing like the Onyxia chain.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
RE Onyxia Chain:

I actually loved that chain and wished I were Horde so it would have been more involved. It had a great backstory to it and the events after Windsor's freedom were a sight to see back in the day when it wasn't happening on an hourly basis.

RE Cost:

The rumor I've been hearing is 2,000g. I'd say that's about appropriate for ownership of a Nether Drake.
See you in Town,
-Z
Quote:If you watch the video, they explain that you can get them from Questing, Shopkeepers, Reputation, or combinations of those.

I feel compelled to point out that warlocks get their epics mounts through a quest chain that has steps like, "bring me 200g,"--so there's a precedent for a quest-as-moneysink method to procure a mount. That having been said, the final event from the warlock questline is one of my most favorite fights out of the entire game.

I wonder if there will be any class-specific mounts?
Quote:I wonder if there will be any class-specific mounts?

If so, should gnomes be looking forward to ornithopters or mechanical dragonflies?

Kateley - Gnome Mage --- 60
Collector and connoisseur of fine keys, bags, trinkets and all things mooncloth
Covet! ... Covet! ... Covet! ... Covet!
Quote:If so, should gnomes be looking forward to ornithopters or mechanical dragonflies?

He crashes a lot ... I shall name him .... Loschonorg !!! :P
Stormrage :
SugarSmacks / 90 Shammy -Elemental
TaMeKaboom/ 90 Hunter - BM
TaMeOsis / 90 Paladin - Prot
TaMeAgeddon/ 85 Warlock - Demon
TaMeDazzles / 85 Mage- Frost
FrostDFlakes / 90 Rogue
TaMeOlta / 85 Druid-resto
Quote:For your reading enjoyment.

http://worldofwarcraft.com/burningcrusade/...etherdrake.html

very cool. :D