Blizzard announces WOW faction-class crossovers
What worriest me the most about it is that they're taking away faction identity. I was happy with Horde and Alliance playing differently. It's something that added replay value for me, but when the expansion comes out, what reason will I have to keep playing my Undead priest if people I group with are going to be the same as on the Alliance side?

Le Sigh.
----
"To be is to do - Socrates. To do is to be - Jean-Paul Sartre. Do be do be do - Frank Sinatra." - Kurt Vonnegut
Quote:What worriest me the most about it is that they're taking away faction identity. I was happy with Horde and Alliance playing differently. It's something that added replay value for me, but when the expansion comes out, what reason will I have to keep playing my Undead priest if people I group with are going to be the same as on the Alliance side?

Le Sigh.

Don't worry, I am sure next expansion Blizzard will add a unique class to each side, and we will go through this whole "balancing" thing once again.

So far my guesses would be:

Alliance gets Space Ninja Monks
Horde gets Nether-Goth Bards.
I'm totally rolling a Nether-Goth Bard. Where's their starting area? Hot Topic?
----
"To be is to do - Socrates. To do is to be - Jean-Paul Sartre. Do be do be do - Frank Sinatra." - Kurt Vonnegut
Quote:I'm totally rolling a Nether-Goth Bard. Where's their starting area? Hot Topic?

The Nether Regions, I suspect.
At first I thought, "Mind control satellites? No way!" But now I can't remember how we lived without them.
------
WoW PC's of significance
Vaimadarsa Pavis Hykim Jakaleel Odayla Odayla
Quote:Don't worry, I am sure next expansion Blizzard will add a unique class to each side, and we will go through this whole "balancing" thing once again.

So far my guesses would be:

Alliance gets Space Ninja Monks
Horde gets Nether-Goth Bards.

I'm banking on Zerglings and SCVs.
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
Quote:I'm banking on Zerglings and SCVs.

Now, now, I think you are confusing the 2 new classes available in the next expansion with the two new races that will be introduced! Horde gets Zerglings, and Alliance gets SCVs!

I, for one, cannot wait to start my own Nether-Goth Bard Zergling! I managed to snag an early concept screenshot:

[Image: NGBZ.jpg]

This is a female btw.
Quote:Now, now, I think you are confusing the 2 new classes available in the next expansion with the two new races that will be introduced! Horde gets Zerglings, and Alliance gets SCVs!

I, for one, cannot wait to start my own Nether-Goth Bard Zergling! I managed to snag an early concept screenshot:

[Image: NGBZ.jpg]

This is a female btw.

Now, now.

You must remember. It's the ALLIANCE that are the zerglings.

(I'm joking. Just like all the other times I've insulted the alliance.)
Quote:Now, now.

You must remember. It's the ALLIANCE that are the zerglings.
(I'm joking. Just like all the other times I've insulted the alliance.)

Small, annoying, and only threatening in a very large packs.

Sums it up quite nicely.

I'm joking, too. Kinda.
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
Quote:How's this for a scary thought...

What if Paladins were given a mana drain, additional spell interrupt, and a silence?

Say hello to the new PvP class of choice on the Horde side.

Check the BE racial abilities... Something i don't see mentioned very much in this debate is that the second the EXpac hits horde will have the best paladins in the game based just on the racials.

Obviously how much better they will be will depend on how exactly the racials will work. but even if they aren't super powerful horde paladins will be laughing all the way to the bank.

or maybe that's just what you were getting at. either way BE paladins are going to be pimptastic.
Quote:or maybe that's just what you were getting at

Yeah, maybe. ;)
See you in Town,
-Z
Quote:Check the BE racial abilities... Something i don't see mentioned very much in this debate is that the second the EXpac hits horde will have the best paladins in the game based just on the racials.

An Alliance shaman will give +1% to hit to a party. That's a pretty powerful extra "totem."
Quote:What if Paladins were given a mana drain, additional spell interrupt, and a silence?
I want to play a Bloodelf paladin! A Bloodknight! Counting the days until the expansion is released. Erm... is there an ETA?

Seriously, I really want to play a Bloodknight. But I wonder if the racial abilities are set in stone already. I don't think so. I looked over the official Burning Crusade info site and couldn't find any information regarding the new races' special abilities. I know about the gemcutting thing and the healing of Draenei... anyone can point me to a definitive and official list? Thanks.

Silvermoon looks nice, by the way...

Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm!
Quote:An Alliance shaman will give +1% to hit to a party. That's a pretty powerful extra "totem."

Let's not forget the new Alliance Paladins also get +1% to hit for their party. And Gift of the Naaru (Racial Self-HoT). You're looking at a healer in plate with +1% to hit, a (manaless) self-HoT, blessing of freedom, and cleanse. And of course, what happens if a draenei paladin teams up with a draenei shaman? Madness! Chaos in the streets! Dogs and cats sleeping together!

In truth, both races have crazy powerful abilities as they've been described. Hopefully the racials scale carefully towards 70 and aren't so uber at the high end.