Rebirth Expansion
Rebirth Expansion is a Diablo 1 modification which considers itself to be something of an expansion to the game. It was recently released, and contains an ever growing community of legit players. If you are looking for a refreshing new game, which ultimately this mod is, you are advised to check it out. I haven't done any part in the creation of the game, but that's not going to stop me from helping to advertise it. =)

You can find the download of the mod, as well as forums and other information at http://www.diablorebirth.net/

As for a description of ReX (Rebirth EXpansion):

It includes a lot of features of Diablo mods, somewhat compiled into one game. The town itself has becomed more centralized, complete with a rather fresh look. At the moment, it contains only 16 levels, but promises future additions to the game with blocked off entrances inside two houses, a cave, and a second catacombs. You can also run in town, which is helpful. As for running, the only possible way to run in dungeons is by finding a Perpetual shrine, which allows you to move and attack and increased speeds for the rest of the level.

Item damage has been increased significantly, with many attribute combinations possible. For example, I found a King's Bow of the Zodiac. Many of the affixes have been tweaked, changed, or are brand new. For example, "of Hope" replaces Harmony, and "of the Zodiac" is from +12-15 all. However, there is also the addition "of the Galaxy" and "of the Universe" affixes, which allow, I believe, +16-20 and +21-25 to all.

The Uniques have also been altered, many of them having variable stats on them. For example, I've found two Eaglehorn bows, one of which added +38 Dexterity and +19 to all attributes, and the other +34 Dexterity and +14 to all attributes. Other Uniques seek to relate to the storyline, such as the helm "Izual's Glance" or the armor "Pepin's Tunic."

Many new spells have been added, or revamped. There is the removal of fireball, which is instead replaced by an arcane-star fire attack known as Psycho Beam. The use of this is minimal in later levels though, as fireghtning immune undeads are somewhat prevalent, requiring the use of "Holy Energy," the D1 Holy Bolt. One spell I found particularly exciting was the "Summon Infernal" spell, which gives you a Warrior clad in plate to beat on enemies for you.

As a new unique feature, skills become useful by all classes throughout the game. The Fighter (Warrior) has the ability to stone curse enemies, albeit for a rather short time. The Thief (Rogue) has a skill which combines infravision and search, and also allows a player to tell what a magical item on the ground is, but will not be able to identify it. The Wizard (Sorcerer) has the Identify skill, which helps them a bit in the early game, as a good deal of their money is going into potions if played solo.

Unlike every other RPG that I've played, experience is shared, but not divided. This means that a level 35 character can help kill monsters in the church to help a level 1 character there. There are measures in place (which unfortunately are easily bypassed) that disallow the entering of portals to levels which could not regularly be accessed by that character. Exploitation of this allows a level 1 to be brought up to level 15 or 20 or so in about a half hour, known as being taxied.

The mod also includes one long awaited feature by Diablo 1 players, a stash. It takes the form of an NPC with a menu allowing you to "Take Item" or "Deposit Item." As far as I know, there are no limits to the number of items that can be stored, including gold or potions, and the stash remains static for any character that you log on as, removing the need for both mules and item transfers. At the moment, there exist errors which cause your stash to be reset if you change your characters name, or create a new one, but this is easily avoided by removing all items before doing such a thing.

Other than this, my ReX experience has been very solid, with a large community of both Poland and Italian players, nearly all of which seem good-spirited. There are, of course, PK's, but they add to the fun of the game, because unlike most D1 PK's, they are doing so legitimately, and you have a fair chance of fighting them off as they do of killing you.

The true reason why ReX shines is because it is what D1 legitimates have wanted, a haven away from all of the problems associated with Battle.net. The ease in setting up a connection to the game's private server is simply a download away. This may be a task for 56k users, as it weighs in at about 55 megabytes, but other than that is simple to use. Simply install the game, and start it. After the D1 SP Lazarus cinematic, you can start playing through the multiplayer server. At the moment, there are around 1500 characters registered, with anywhere from 10 players at low hours to 50 or 60 during peak times.

I've only been playing for less than a week, and already I can tell that ReX will be improving and innovating for a good time to come. You will find plenty of cooperation and competition, whichever it is that you are searching for.:)

(A cross-posting from the DSF Forums.)
this sounds like a really great idea. is this game working yet or still a beta? i'm surprised more ppl didn't get into this, not one reply to it. well i wanna bump this thing and see if anyone has played this yet and is it good?
Quote:this sounds like a really great idea. is this game working yet or still a beta? i'm surprised more ppl didn't get into this, not one reply to it. well i wanna bump this thing and see if anyone has played this yet and is it good?

No one has replied because this so-called "expansion" is a p.o.s.
ahhh... that pretty much sums it up. 'nuff said. i won't bother looking at the website again. i'll just wait for wow expansion and play v&k mod.
Quote:ahhh... that pretty much sums it up. 'nuff said. i won't bother looking at the website again. i'll just wait for wow expansion and play v&k mod.

ReX is great, most Non-American players agree. The American players tend to be too concerned on the technicalities, like misspellings and new names for some things. I've yet to have anyone point out anything specific that's a huge problem in the game. Someone says "the Warrior's ability is rigged," and I have to ask if they've actually played the game as a warrior, because his stone curse lasts for maybe 4-5 seconds. Or someone, I believe Hureg has said something along the lines of "I don't think King's should be possible on bows." I again have to wonder if they've tried the mod past the dungeons, because the damage added by the King's suffix is rather negligible, especially when you are trying to kill monsters with something like 3500 life.

I'd advise that you give the mod a chance, and if you find problems or something that you don't like with it, be specific and tell me what that is. I've yet to have anyone do it.
ok i will play it and not get wow expansion.
Quote:ok i will play it and not get wow expansion.

Just play both:) it will not take much time for you to see how poor this mod is.
Quote:Just play both:) it will not take much time for you to see how poor this mod is.

Simply: What do you find poor about this mod?
Quote:Simply: What do you find poor about this mod?

1) The village and the NPS are completely changed. The new town design is terrible. Especially those nice black lines around the town. What do they represent - the Universe or something?
2) The game menu design is the worst ever.
4) REALLY bad dialogues written in REALLY bad English. Even I could see it - what's more there is to say?
5) The new NPC voices are unbearable to hear.
6) The items' design. Did you really HAD TO steal pictures from Diablo 2?
7) The dungeons' design and the new monsters' design. Brrrr.
8) No balance. No balance. No balance.

If you wanted to please the legit community, why didn't you just set up a NORMAL Diablo server? Do you think WE in Rus-1 want to play this crap? I'm sorry, but the ReX mod is what in Germany is called "kitsch".
Hell is virtually the same every level, every game. You'll run into two types of melee mummy's (one with knight attack type, the other with drake attack type), and one blood star shooting type. There's gargoyle one-hit killers (named Death's touch) with only 1 hp each. Then there are the boar class melee. I think also some blood star shooting bats. MAYBE one fire-shooter, can't quite recall. Occasionally you get some charging Leoric-looking knights that are pretty brawny. There are also fat scythe-weilding enemies which remind me of a cross between an overloard and balrog as far as looks go. They have knight AI, but are slower and pretty easy.

The problem is there seems like such little variety. Mummy's mummy's mummys. The ranged is probably 90% magic attack: blood stars. It seems like everything is undead, except possibly the ranged bat attackers and the boars. The gargoyles may not be, but with 1 hp it wouldn't even matter. I don't think any enemy has a balrog attack or attacks and retreats. Snooze. The magic damage IS substantial, even when it seems you have pretty high resistances, plus it can still stun you. It does force you to be a little wiser with ranged. 16 has decent variety but it IS the same every game, like the original. There are two unique skeleton archer packs (shooting blood stars, suprise suprise). Their AI is not well coordinated, as the minions want to follow, but the bosses hold their ground (thus keeping their minions within range). Since 16 has a lot of open area these packs are often right in the middle of an area. What happens is the once the boss is activated, he will not deactivate, and he will continue to shoot at you with a Line of Sight. The minions will not fire once you are a certain distance away. For my thief, what ends up happening is I would shoot arrows in the general direction that the bosses lone blood stars were coming from, probably hitting some unknown minions for sure. Not being able to see the pack, I just kept it up until the boss was dead then would move in to take care of the minions. Oh yeah, and when the boss hits you, it WILL stun, so it just because a boring tit-for-tat-happy-feet-dance-shoot-across-the-level-blindly-till-one-of-us-dies "tactic".

Combine that with tons of Uber-items, and it is much more of a hack-n-slash than D1. In fact, it seems to be heavily influenced by D2. There's new item mods for "Increase magic find" and "Increased experience gained". There might also be one for more gold IIRC. Additionally, on levels 1 and 16, EVERY monster drops a magical item. Sixteen gets so bad that if you don't start sorting through the items half way through, you will reach the item drop limit and miss out on some boss drops. Then it is a real chore to truck items to town for ID. To make it more bearable, there is a skill that will show you the identified attributes on the ground (but it isn't actually ID'd), so you at least only have to drag back the best items for use or money. If you really want to bog yourself down, there is a spell (Ransack) that will make monsters drop 2 items eash. For normal monster it just means they just get two normal drops, meaning that you're most likely to get gold or nothing, so two items will probably not drop, BUT two could. For bosses you get twice the good booty.

I found that with all the new affixes, it was quite time intensive on 16 trying to remember/figure out what the good affixes are. For example, obsidian/zodiac is equivalent to something like warding/universe, but with virtually every affix changed you really have to pay attention to the items so you know what to bring to town.

As far as town is concerned, I think it is terrible. You can run, but not like you can run in Hellfire. You pause for a split second every tile, so initially it is ackward, but you will get used to it. The NPC's have borrowed graphics from other games, which really aren't bad, just different. The voices aren't quite diabloesque though. Worst of all, however, is the town layout. There is so much crap crowed in it is difficult to navigate. MANY places have 1x1 through high traffic areas. There are alternate routes, but usually around obstcales like homes. For examples, "Pepins" new home is moddified and surrounded by a wall with 2 tiles clearance max between the house and wall. An NPC obstructs one whole side; it is even worse when players are in town and talking to that NPC. To get to the crack in hell, you have to go completely around the wall one way, around the wall PLUS another wall the other way, or squeeze yourself around and behind the house. The are so many unnecessary walls and rocks, trees and general obstacles it is terrible. There is actually a "maze" to get the the wirt-like character. It is just so completely congested it is agonizing. Finally, TP placement is very bad. The 4 TP spawns are no longer close together and are roughly located at the four corners of the town square. When you are visiting town vendors, you almost have to dodge them to avoid accidentily clicking on them. There is even a bigger problem with this. There are level restrictions to entering TP's so often with a lower level character, if you try to enter a TP, it will automatically move your character one sqaure south and give you a "can not enter" message. The problem is that this doesn't just happen when you step on the actual tile with the TP, but even when you just get near. The effect it has is when you get 2-3 tiles within range, your character is kicked back. Now, with TP placement being as it is - right the in the middle of everything in town - they make this barrier right through town that you can't cross because "you can't enter this TP yet" - even though you were clicking on the NPC across the way. Town is terrible.

By far, the worst and really the most suprising thing about it is how much like b.net it is. Just because people are playing legit (which actually not all are), it makes no difference. Probably the worst thing about b.net is how easy it is to dupe elite gear and twink new players. Well, so many items are so common in REX that even without duping it is practially the same effect. IMO, the "legit" of b.net would be the players that don't twink - the rest are no different than standard b.net hackers. Not to mention it is hard to find players that won't PK you for no reason. My first night on, someone gave my thief [rogue] a unique bow that added 100 to damage with swiftness and a helm that added 50 to damage. Immediately I could stun kill anything in Hell without effort. At level 24 my thief was doing 200-250 swifted damage. I moved from normal/hell to nightmare/hell, and noticed almost no difference. I did have to be careful with the magic ranged as they would stun and do a lot of damage for where I was at. My damage was still so much that I could decimate large mobs before melee enemies had any chance to get to me. Combined with good wall and corner tactics, nothing could touch me. I can't imagine what another 20 levels and complete equipment will do.

I have not been to hell difficulty yet.

Well, that's it for now off the top of my head.
--Lang

Diabolic Psyche - the site with Diablo on the Brain!
Quote:1) The village and the NPS are completely changed. The new town design is terrible. Especially those nice black lines around the town. What do they represent - the Universe or something?
4) REALLY bad dialogues written in REALLY bad English. Even I could see it - what's more there is to say?

If you wanted to please the legit community, why didn't you just set up a NORMAL Diablo server? Do you think WE in Rus-1 want to play this crap? I'm sorry, but the ReX mod is what in Germany is called "kitsch".

1.) This is the boundary of the map. In orignal D1, rocks and such keep you from getting close enough to the edge to see the black on your screen. Apparently it was seen as needful to pack every tile of the redesigned town.

2.) It is a little annoying that starting the game brings up the CD-menu (the windowed one - think of what you see when you run the CD after D1 is already installed) instead of the first full screen in-game menu. The red vein-like border theme for the b.net interface is like the hive, so if you hate the hive, you will probably hate that too. Not really a huge issue IMO though. It doesn't really reflect on the important aspects of the game

3.) Uh, I think you missed one, LOL

4.) Yes, the english is really poor. Labiri IS italian, but why make everything english and not ensure it doesn't sound proper? It seems half-assed. Also, SO many affix and spells names were changed for absolutely NO reason, and it has the ill effect of confusing new players as to what they do. Heal became "Restore" (IIRC). Heal Other became "Heal Others". Not only is that completely unnecessary, but it incorrectly implies that it heals multiple allies, which it does not. Lightning was changed to "Storms". Why? I could think of many more if I had played recently. I don't really like most of the new affix names, but whatever.

5.) Eh.

6.) All the armors are basically the same. It seems no matter what base type I pick up, it has 40-50 AC or something. Graphics are borrowed from D2 and NWN. Mind you, NWN has terrible inventory graphics.

7.) Design variety covered. AI combinations are pretty boring and virtually the same from level to level. Occasionally enemies like the charging Leo's change it up some.

8.) "Balance" is always such a vague term, it is hard to describe in what way someone is using it. Basically stats are all bumped up. Monster's dmg, monsters life, your life/mana, your damage. Very much like D2. Would you really call the original "balanced" though? Unique enemies are never much harder than normal monsters, and sometimes much easier. On the other hand, if you get cocky monsters will swarm you without much trouble, and that can be dangerous for even well equipped characters.
--Lang

Diabolic Psyche - the site with Diablo on the Brain!
Quote:This is the boundary of the map.

It looks terrible.

Quote:It seems no matter what base type I pick up, it has 40-50 AC or something.

That sounds pretty boring.

Quote:AI combinations are pretty boring and virtually the same from level to level.

Some Hellfire and Diablo mods actually have better monster AI. V & K mod, the Dark mod, for instance.

Quote:Very much like D2.

Yes, that's what some modmakers try to make - DII with D1 atmosphere. Well, such ideas are dead from the start.

Quote:Would you really call the original "balanced" though?

At least, Classic Diablo is much more balanced than ReX. And don't forget about the other mods that ONLY change the balance, not the NPCs and such stuff. That's why they are better.

Quote:There's gargoyle one-hit killers (named Death's touch) with only 1 hp each.

That is not natural. A monster with only one HP is not natural, especially THAT strong monster.

Quote:It is much more of a hack-n-slash than D1.

I don't like this kind of fun. Classic Diablo, Hellfire and some of the mods provide more than enough action, but it is more hmmmmm intelligent, not so stupid.

Quote:It looks terrible.
The game is 10 years old. If you are looking for a game based on its looks, why are you even here? It's assumed that the gameplay is what entices you, not graphical innovations.

Quote:That sounds pretty boring.
Yes, most Tier 1 mail has roughly the same AC, from 30-75. There are far more items that just aren't findable by any common monster in Normal difficulty, though. I still fail to see why this is a problem, because almost all armor in ReX (and regular Diablo, or any D1 mod that I've played, for that matter) is used for its affixes, not its AC.

Quote:Some Hellfire and Diablo mods actually have better monster AI. V & K mod, the Dark mod, for instance. Yes, that's what some modmakers try to make - DII with D1 atmosphere. Well, such ideas are dead from the start.
I haven't played V&K, but as for the Dark I really can't make out any changes to AI, just different scripts used for different monsters from what I can see. How many high level monsters are there in any of these mods that have the ability to charge? ReX has several. As for relevance to D2, I have to question if you've
even played the mod. Many of the item's pictures have been taken from D2. And um... that's about it.

Quote:At least, Classic Diablo is much more balanced than ReX. And don't forget about the other mods that ONLY change the balance, not the NPCs and such stuff. That's why they are better.
If you are going to make a claim as bold as this, I'll assume that you have encountered severe balance problems. As I have yet to find even a minute one, I'll just leave this for you to elaborate.

Quote:That is not natural. A monster with only one HP is not natural, especially THAT strong monster.
Why should it matter whether it's "natural?" As if monsters that throw lightning and spit flames are natural? It's meant to be a challenge, and all characters have methods of killing it with the proper skills.

You can try hack and slashing. Good luck making it past the caves.

After your posting, I'm rather confident that if you've even played the mod, (which I doubt,) you have not gotten a character past level 15 or so.
Quote:1) The village and the NPS are completely changed. The new town design is terrible. Especially those nice black lines around the town. What do they represent - the Universe or something?

1) Completely superficial.
2) Completely superficial.
3) ... Good counting.
4) Completely superficial.
5) Completely superficial.
6) Completely superficial.

7)
& -- Elaborate, please. You are just spewing whatever you can think of, in my eyes. The Dungeons' designs are identical to HellFire...
8)
Ah, an intelligent reply.

Quote:Hell is virtually the same every level, every game. You'll run into two types of melee mummy's (one with knight attack type, the other with drake attack type), and one blood star shooting type. There's gargoyle one-hit killers (named Death's touch) with only 1 hp each. Then there are the boar class melee. I think also some blood star shooting bats. MAYBE one fire-shooter, can't quite recall. Occasionally you get some charging Leoric-looking knights that are pretty brawny. There are also fat scythe-weilding enemies which remind me of a cross between an overloard and balrog as far as looks go. They have knight AI, but are slower and pretty easy.

The lack of Balrog AI has been mentioned multiple times by players on the forums, as well as the removal of Drakes completely. Labiri has said that he will do his best to incorporate both into future versions. You just named as many monster types, if not more, than regular Diablo 1, though. Obviously, the mod is a Public Beta, not a final version. The Beta of D1 was a Turn-Based RPG, to compare.

Quote:Combine that with tons of Uber-items, and it is much more of a hack-n-slash than D1. In fact, it seems to be heavily influenced by D2. There's new item mods for "Increase magic find" and "Increased experience gained". There might also be one for more gold IIRC. Additionally, on levels 1 and 16, EVERY monster drops a magical item. Sixteen gets so bad that if you don't start sorting through the items half way through, you will reach the item drop limit and miss out on some boss drops. Then it is a real chore to truck items to town for ID. To make it more bearable, there is a skill that will show you the identified attributes on the ground (but it isn't actually ID'd), so you at least only have to drag back the best items for use or money. If you really want to bog yourself down, there is a spell (Ransack) that will make monsters drop 2 items eash. For normal monster it just means they just get two normal drops, meaning that you're most likely to get gold or nothing, so two items will probably not drop, BUT two could. For bosses you get twice the good booty.

The incredible magic drop rate is an unfortunate byproduct of the use of the Thief's skill, which unintentionally makes any drop magical for its duration. If you had played another character as well, you would have noticed the lack of magic drop. This has been commented on in about 10 different threads on the ReX forums, and is most certainly expected to change. The item drop rate on 16 has been mentioned frequently, as well, and will definitely be lowered. Apart from this, the IMF and IEG items are sacrifices for efficiency. If you want to take off your armor to use a Plate of Experience, you will suffer. Add in that when you die you lose a good deal of experience, (a welcome change inviting skillful play,) the compromise is a choice.

Quote:I found that with all the new affixes, it was quite time intensive on 16 trying to remember/figure out what the good affixes are. For example, obsidian/zodiac is equivalent to something like warding/universe, but with virtually every affix changed you really have to pay attention to the items so you know what to bring to town.

I had the same problem, initially. Within maybe 10 hours of playtime, though I didn't really notice the changes. There truly aren't that many items, and I even created this thread as a fun way of helping. Honestly though, are you supposed to know what each item is by it's name? This was likely only a problem due to the fact that you wanted to leave some magical items behind, also related the the thief's bug.

Quote:As far as town is concerned, I think it is terrible. You can run, but not like you can run in Hellfire. You pause for a split second every tile, so initially it is ackward, but you will get used to it. The NPC's have borrowed graphics from other games, which really aren't bad, just different. The voices aren't quite diabloesque though. Worst of all, however, is the town layout. There is so much crap crowed in it is difficult to navigate. MANY places have 1x1 through high traffic areas. There are alternate routes, but usually around obstcales like homes. For examples, "Pepins" new home is moddified and surrounded by a wall with 2 tiles clearance max between the house and wall. An NPC obstructs one whole side; it is even worse when players are in town and talking to that NPC. To get to the crack in hell, you have to go completely around the wall one way, around the wall PLUS another wall the other way, or squeeze yourself around and behind the house. The are so many unnecessary walls and rocks, trees and general obstacles it is terrible. There is actually a "maze" to get the the wirt-like character. It is just so completely congested it is agonizing. Finally, TP placement is very bad. The 4 TP spawns are no longer close together and are roughly located at the four corners of the town square. When you are visiting town vendors, you almost have to dodge them to avoid accidentily clicking on them. There is even a bigger problem with this. There are level restrictions to entering TP's so often with a lower level character, if you try to enter a TP, it will automatically move your character one sqaure south and give you a "can not enter" message. The problem is that this doesn't just happen when you step on the actual tile with the TP, but even when you just get near. The effect it has is when you get 2-3 tiles within range, your character is kicked back. Now, with TP placement being as it is - right the in the middle of everything in town - they make this barrier right through town that you can't cross because "you can't enter this TP yet" - even though you were clicking on the NPC across the way. Town is terrible.

I myself have commented on this TP blockage to Labiri (along with the problems of being able to circumvent this). The TP's are put in a more accessible area, to be fair, but yes, they are definitely annoying at times, especially P1's. It obviously sucks to go to Wirt's equivilant, but is navigating the maze not the same as walking crosstown and over a river and into a corner? I think that this was intentional.

I look at the town as being huge to incorporate future expansions. You may have noticed that in the town there are four or five areas that are entrances, but which are inaccessible. 16 levels, for the moment...

Quote:By far, the worst and really the most suprising thing about it is how much like b.net it is. Just because people are playing legit (which actually not all are), it makes no difference. Probably the worst thing about b.net is how easy it is to dupe elite gear and twink new players. Well, so many items are so common in REX that even without duping it is practially the same effect. IMO, the "legit" of b.net would be the players that don't twink - the rest are no different than standard b.net hackers. Not to mention it is hard to find players that won't PK you for no reason. My first night on, someone gave my thief [rogue] a unique bow that added 100 to damage with swiftness and a helm that added 50 to damage. Immediately I could stun kill anything in Hell without effort. At level 24 my thief was doing 200-250 swifted damage. I moved from normal/hell to nightmare/hell, and noticed almost no difference. I did have to be careful with the magic ranged as they would stun and do a lot of damage for where I was at. My damage was still so much that I could decimate large mobs before melee enemies had any chance to get to me. Combined with good wall and corner tactics, nothing could touch me. I can't imagine what another 20 levels and complete equipment will do.

Fair enough. The twinking is a problem, admittedly, and there's not much that can be done to remedy this. However, it seems a bit hypocritical to complain about a problem while adding to it. I'm sure if you've played D1 legitimately on Battle.net you've certainly encouraged players not to take GPOTW's and other items. Are you not doing nearly the exact same thing? If you chose to accept the items, then you've just done the equivilant of taking dupes. I haven't accepted any items from others except what I thought to be a fair trade (or in my benefit. -.-). My thief is doing 75-95 damage at level 27, to put in a perspective. By the way, the bow you have (Cat's Wind) is considered "complete equipment," as is the helm (Viking's Helm) by some. I'm rather suprised that a player would give either of these up. Your high offense strategy, which you mentioned earlier in your paragraph about level 16, is mandated by your equipment. With fitting equipment for your level, you would have had a much harder time. If I gave a level 17 sorcerer a 36 charge BSOApoc, would he notice much of a difference between Normal and Hell?

I haven't had any problems with PK's, myself, but for some reason I seem to be the only one who doesn't. I can't discount this issue, but I really don't have any experience with players PK'ing just for the sake of PK'ing. I had one player who tried to MK me while we were co-oping, and after he fireball-equivilanted me while I was being shot by ranged monsters, I just quickly rejoined and cussed him out. That's in about 3 months of playing.

What I've done a lot of in this post was suggest that more is on the way. Judging from the popularity of the mod, albeit shunned here, I expect Labiri to do a good job making the changes, because he listens and acknowledges many of the complaints made on the forums. Perhaps he won't fix any of the bug issues, but that's just an issue of trust. I'll continue to enjoy the game as an alternative to basic D1, and hope that in the future it changes for the better. I trust that it will.
Quote:If you are looking for a game based on its looks
Brrr. Don't use demagogy. Please. You know very good what I meant - the black lines. Classic Diablo and Hellfire actually have rocks, and trees, and other stuff there.

Quote:I still fail to see why this is a problem, because almost all armor in ReX (and regular Diablo, or any D1 mod that I've played, for that matter) is used for its affixes, not its AC.
OK. The AC is OK if you say so - you have played the game more than me. But using ugly pictures from Diablo 2 is not. It ruins the atmosphere.

Quote:How many high level monsters are there in any of these mods that have the ability to charge?
LOL. Charging attack is AI. I learn something new every day.

Quote:Why should it matter whether it's "natural?"
Have you ever seen a fly with Godzilla attack? Magic and other fantasy things are OK, this monster is not.

And look, you are a typical fanboy. I'm not starting a flawe war - I'm just saying that you are a fanboy. Good luck playing crap.
Hello there.
I wanted to point out that Kind Knight who's written few posts here expresses his own opinion only and does not speak on behalf of any other people that can usually be found on Rus-1 (europe gateway).

I have tried Rebirth once and I might give it another try. I respect the effort the developers have put into its making, although I agree that Rebirth could really use some designer's assistance, as well as balancing and tweaking. Either way it's good to see diablo hasn't been abandoned yet, so keep it up !
Quote:Diablo hasn't been abandoned yet

Right. Diablo. The great game Diablo, not this piece of crap which will be abandoned very soon. Or if not - well, at least I'm glad that official B.Net has become cleaner.
Quote:I'm not starting a flawe war...

Why am I the the first to say go jump in a lake Kind Knight? Kindly take the vitrol out of your posts. If you have something constructive to say (like Lang's posts), by all means say it. But for everyone's sake cut out the snarky comments.

It all boils down to this:
If you don't like the mod? Don't play it.
If you want to add something constructively about the mod? Let's here it.
If you want to keep putting it down repeatively? Find another bridge to go hide under.

PM me if what I've posted isn't making sense to you.

Cheers,

Munk
holy 5H1t stain batman i really whacked a bee's nest with this post 18 freakin replies it's going to take me a while to read all of this alot of time just cutting into my diablo playing but i will persevere pass me a beer thanks again.