Alterac Valley Primer
Well we can't play each other, much less play each other on arrainged teams that would allow us to put the offense versus defense thing to rest. That's why I said "agree to disagree".

However,

Quote: I'm guessing your alliance will eventually learn. It didn't take ours more than about a week after X-server BGs to wise up and deny the horde Dun Baldar with reasonable consistency.

While I think your typical Pug is a bunch of mouthbreathing morons, the idea that your bunch of slackjaws are much better at AV then mine I find amusing. I also find it amusing that, atleast in my battle group, these racing techniques were developed by PvP pros on a very competitive PvP server inbetween the AV nerf and Xserver BGs. They then spread to the rest of the battlegroup, games got progressivly more racelike over the first month of Xserver.

Quote:With so many people, it's generally quite difficult for them to kite Lok, especially since Lok no longer interacts with NPCs and it doesn't do them all that much good to kite him anyway. If they do kite them to the general's room, inevitably the kiter gets killed when he gets there and finds out the general no longer attacks Lok, then he resets and continues his killing spree.

Maybe your allies will wise up. It's not tough to kite Lok. I don't know the exact mechanics of it, but it is possible for him to be killed once he is in the base. And the general will engage him, unless they changed that very recently (like 1.12.1). I've definatly seen that in 1.12.... the pack followed the kite too closely, we were able to land some heals on lok and won.

Quote:The fact that your alliance seem to present zero defense appears to be the disconnect we have here.

Who said zero defense?

Here is the thing about defense - Even if you win, you lose. You are better of in terms of honor and rep with losing in 25 min then winning in 50. All of the better players know that. I'm pretty sure the percentage of good players who are there to win and not for honor/rep is pretty small. So if a lot of people are playing defensive, chances are alot of them are bad, and you are probably not going to win anyways.