Druid talents overhauled
The druid talents have been redone. Go to the official site to see.

Short version - Feral has been slimmed, allowing you to pretty much get all of the bear or cat points for 41 points. The feral synergy talents have been moved from Balance to Resto.

Feral/Resto got a lot stronger. Resto/Feral is probably a bit better. Feral/balance or balance/feral is probably pretty dead, not that it was ever really much good.
Meanwhile, Resto by itself saw nothing still (it gains many non-role benefits at no cost, which is a good thing if flexibility becomes a requirement). Though there are rumors inflexible form is getting a boost ...
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
I wonder if subtlety will apply to innervate and whether empowered rejuvenation will stack with +healing gear.
Quote:Meanwhile, Resto by itself saw nothing still (it gains many non-role benefits at no cost, which is a good thing if flexibility becomes a requirement). Though there are rumors inflexible form is getting a boost ...
Aren't you happy about improved leader of the pack? (aggro concerns aside)
Leader of the Pack is a feral talent, Quark is griping that resto didn't, itself, get a significant boost.

The writing on the wall seems to be that resto druids should get used to going feral to grind.
Is anybody planning on leveling deep in a healing tree?

The (Healing Touch) Resto/feral (cat) build just got a lot stronger. Should be great for either main healing in a five man, or knocking out quests.
My challenge right now is finding a build that retains Omen of Clarity for the clearcasting proc, yet has all the goodies from Balance for raid enhancement.

Not sure Starfire Stun is worth 3 talent points.

I'm still thinking Insect Swarm is going to be a gimmick. The 2% to hit just isn't enough for me.

Rumor has it Moonfury is applied after ALL other increases, including Lunar Guidance. It just got a whole lot better.
See you in Town,
-Z
On a first look that's a pretty nice set of changes. I particularly like the dual purpose talents in Resto. Those will allow a healing Druid to solo a bit better without sacrificing healing power... or other Druids to be that little bit more useful when healing is needed more than their other abilities. It doesn't look like Druids will be facing particularly difficult talent choices - Offensive Casters will get one set, Ferals another, Healers a third with only minor variation around the core builds for each.

If anything perhaps the Bear and Cat talents overlap a little too much. Warrior builds choose between DPS and tankness and a single Druid build covers both, albeit itemisaton permitting and with less utility in each role.
Quote:My challenge right now is finding a build that retains Omen of Clarity for the clearcasting proc, yet has all the goodies from Balance for raid enhancement.

I'm still thinking Insect Swarm is going to be a gimmick. The 2% to hit just isn't enough for me.

Doesn't seem too hard to me. There is 3 points left over, choose shapeshifting, uninterruptable thorns, or starfire stun.

Insect Swarm is really efficient. If you had 500 damage, its roughly 5 DPM. The miss factor is the icing on the cake.

Quote:If anything perhaps the Bear and Cat talents overlap a little too much. Warrior builds choose between DPS and tankness and a single Druid build covers both, albeit itemisaton permitting and with less utility in each role.

I really don't think Warriors have to worry about Druids taking their spot. It's really nice for leveling - bears are subpar for questing, but cats are pretty bad in 5mans where the aura is not very effective.
Quote:Doesn't seem too hard to me. There is 3 points left over, choose shapeshifting, uninterruptable thorns, or starfire stun.

Insect Swarm is really efficient. If you had 500 damage, its roughly 5 DPM. The miss factor is the icing on the cake.

Yeah, I've considered a build like that. What's really hurting me is not wanting to lose Nature's Grasp. It's a reliable escape measure in any outdoor area. I think the functionality of Cyclone is going to decide that one for me. If it can be used as an escape measure, I could see forgoing Nature's Grasp.

This build has one point left over, but skips over Improved Thorns (which is about all that makes Thorns useful for me at the high end content) and Starfire Stun. I suppose one talent point for Insect Swarm could be worth it.

My current spell damage bonus in all my damage gear is 514; 498 if I swap for some extra crit. The Wrath of Cenarius is going to be HOT. *grins* [side note: no cloth used]

I'm also contemplating the benefit of Improved Faerie Fire, wondering if the level 70 game is going to see rogues and fury warriors hitting their +hit caps with the itemization available to them. Time will tell, but if that's the case it frees up another 3 points to be used elsewhere.
See you in Town,
-Z
Quote:Yeah, I've considered a build like that.

Well you did say raid talents:P I've played a druid a fair bit but not a moonkin - is Moonfire really feasable in a raid (mana constrained) environment? Isn't it not particularly efficient with damage gear? Also, I only have a couple of points in

And what do you mean by improved thorns? Brambles or Control? Control seems like it might help in 25man, if a lot of mobs are vulnerable to cyclone/thorns. Brambles seems like a waste. From AQ, even control doesnt seem like a huge raid talent.
I meant Brambles, and you'd be surprised how far 39 damage per hit can go in a scenarion with multiple adds. Our bug tank on Fankriss barely has to touch any of them and they're stuck on him like glue.

Still reevaluating the trees over time. I'm also considering dropping Starfire Stun... but that 15% stun is great for buying some time to throw a Roots on an enemy.
See you in Town,
-Z