When a model maker falls in love with the atmosphere of diablo
Hi,

As presented on the battle.net mainpage, a french model maker has created a real-life model of the cathedral of Tristram. I think the work he put into this is incredible, and the effect is marvellous.

See it here and here.
The language is french, but the images speak for themselves.

Greetings, Fragbait
Quote:You cannot pass... I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the Flame of Anor. The Dark Flame will not avail you, Flame of Udun. Go back to the shadow. You shall not pass.
- Gandalf, speaking to the Balrog

Quote:Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless, like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash! Be water, my friend...
- Bruce Lee

Quote: There's an old Internet adage which simply states that the first person to resort to personal attacks in an online argument is the loser. Don't be one.
- excerpt from the forum rules

Post content property of Fragbait (member of the lurkerlounge). Do not (hesitate to) quote without permission.
Quote:Hi,

As presented on the battle.net mainpage, a french model maker has created a real-life model of the cathedral of Tristram. I think the work he put into this is incredible, and the effect is marvellous.

See it here and here.
Greetings, Fragbait

wow, the detail on that work is amazing! i bet he'll keep going and make the whole town! that would really be impressive! vive la france !
He's not french, he's canadian. It says he's from Quebec
If you guys haven't seen the actual peaks of the cathedral, you should really check them out sometime in a mod or with town teleport enabled. It's really something, but in vanilla Diablo it isn't normally visible.
EDIT: Double post with forums problems and lag... =o

Be sure to check out page 2 for the finishes.
Quote:Hi,

See it here and here.
Greetings, Fragbait

I'm blown away by the model rendering.

I'm also certain I'll never be a model maker in my life - good gracious that's a ton of work.

Thanks for the link,

Cheers,

Munk