Burning Crusade profession items
Data-mined stuff from WoW Exposed

Tailoring is getting branches.
GIB spellthreads!

Engineering is getting many more weird and wonderful stuff.
Remote Mail Terminal... nice!
Gnomish Poultryizer... Yup, it doesn't exactly what you think it does

Methinks I'll be wanting a Riding Crop from Leatherworking as well.

And just what the heck is a Skyfire Diamond?!

All in all, fun times ahead!

Kateley - Gnome Mage --- 60
Collector and connoisseur of fine keys, bags, trinkets and all things mooncloth
Covet! ... Covet! ... Covet! ... Covet!
Quote:Data-mined stuff from WoW Exposed

Tailoring is getting branches.
GIB spellthreads!

Engineering is getting many more weird and wonderful stuff.
Remote Mail Terminal... nice!
Gnomish Poultryizer... Yup, it doesn't exactly what you think it does

Methinks I'll be wanting a Riding Crop from Leatherworking as well.

And just what the heck is a Skyfire Diamond?!

All in all, fun times ahead!

Limited-use blacksmithing items? Nice.
Tailoring gets threading to enhance armor? Nice.

Leatherworking patches? Terrible. Still no reason to use them over enchantments (or, now, threads). They're going to need to do something to make leatherworking useful or it'll remain the "I can make my own gear until I find better" profession that people drop for something profitable.
See you in Town,
-Z
Is there any info yet as to the minimum skill and char level requirements to upgrade your current level 300 profession, i.e. Artisan Tailor? That's something I'd be very interested in, so that I can level up my "Mooncloth" twinks to the appropriate levels for the BC.

With regard to Leatherworking:

We want KILTS for Tauren female !!
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
Holy crap I am suddenly happy I never dropped Tailoring/Enchanting for Engineering.
Slightly OT, but also along the line of "professions":

Ever wondered why Blizzard was suddenly so "generous" to give players access to the whole palette of finest elite mounts for just 100g each (90g with faction bonus) in patch 1.12.1?

Well, here's the answer why:

[Image: WoW_Mounts_New_Riding_Skills.jpg]

If you look closely to the new riding professions, which are now the costly part of your improved mobility, you'll note that riding an elite mount not only requires character level 60 but also the previous profession stage, "Riding (75)" or "Apprentice Riding" in this case.

That means that you cannot simply buy cheap riding for 20 gold anymore, and skip expensive mounts (as ist was well possible in patch 1.12.0), but that you MUST buy each and every riding stage for much gold to climb up the ladder further.

In "The Burning Crusade", we'll see Netherdragon mounts and Elite Netherdragon mounts. The next skill stages could therefore look like this:

Quote:Expert Riding
Requires: Level 65, Riding (150)

Cost: 2000 Gold

Allows the player to ride basic air mounts that require a riding skill of 225

Artisan Riding
Requires: Level 70, Riding (225)

Cost: 5000 Gold

Allows the player to ride swift air mounts that require a riding skill of 300

So, in order to ride an Elite Netherdragon, you'll pay since patch 1.12.1:

90g + 900g + 2000g + 5000g = 7990g

and not 20g like before in patch 1.12.0.

2000g and 5000g for air mount riding are currently just speculation on my part, but a pretty astronomical sum of gold (read: huge time sink) is certainly guaranteed;)
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
Quote:2000g and 5000g for air mount riding are currently just speculation on my part, but a pretty astronomical sum of gold (read: huge time sink) is certainly guaranteed;)

Blizzard has said that the way to get flying mounts will involve more then just paying a ton of gold to a vendor. I expect something like the pally or warlock quests, something that everyone can do but will also be additional content.

No need to act like the sky is falling regarding mount costs. While 900g for an epic mount is a lot of money for a casual player, it is very very achievable through the two years we have had the game. I would not worry that they will make flying mounts cost more gold than their core customer can get in a reasonable time period.
Quote:Blizzard has said that the way to get flying mounts will involve more then just paying a ton of gold to a vendor. I expect something like the pally or warlock quests, something that everyone can do but will also be additional content.

No need to act like the sky is falling regarding mount costs. While 900g for an epic mount is a lot of money for a casual player, it is very very achievable through the two years we have had the game. I would not worry that they will make flying mounts cost more gold than their core customer can get in a reasonable time period.
Well, no matter what the final costs actually are, you WILL need to buy an elite steed (riding skill) before you can buy (and quest) a Netherdragon. That's all I wanted to say;)
Quote:Well, no matter what the final costs actually are, you WILL need to buy an elite steed (riding skill) before you can buy (and quest) a Netherdragon. That's all I wanted to say;)
They could always make riding flying mounts a different skill to avoid that. :)
-TheDragoon
Quote:They could always make riding flying mounts a different skill to avoid that. :)
Optimist!:)
Quote:Ever wondered why Blizzard was suddenly so "generous" to give players access to the whole palette of finest elite mounts for just 100g each (90g with faction bonus) in patch 1.12.1?

<speculation>

:baffle:

Look, an epic mount costs about 1000g. It still costs 1000g. The flying mounts are going to cost something in terms of time and/or money. If they kept the old 20g riding skill, then the mounts themselves would cost more. Or if they were going to be quested, the fact that the are counting on you paying for journeyman riding means they can cut out a quest step where you have to turn in 25 felsteel bars or some such.

If you want to have cross faction mounts, it just got 810g easier. That's all this change means.
Yes, but now you'll have to buy a 900g riding skill first (riding 150) before you can upgrade to riding 225 (Netherdragon). Without that change, you could simply skip the expensive portion (buying the mount for 900g (= an item)), and continue to learn riding a Netherdragon, and then buy the dragon for some large amount of money. That would have saved you 900g for an elite ground mount that you didn't want.
Quote:Yes, but now you'll have to buy a 900g riding skill first (riding 150) before you can upgrade to riding 225 (Netherdragon). Without that change, you could simply skip the expensive portion (buying the mount for 900g (= an item)), and continue to learn riding a Netherdragon, and then buy the dragon for some large amount of money. That would have saved you 900g for an elite ground mount that you didn't want.

Blizzard made the change intentionally. If the skill to ride a flying mount is going to require the skill to ride an epic ground mount as a prerequisite, then they are obviously well aware of this and will adjust the cost of the flying-mount-riding-skill appropriately.

Trust me, they are not going to accidentally overcharge people 900g to ride the flying mounts. Whatever price they want people to pay is what people will have to pay. They are not going to put an accidental and pointless roadblock between their masses of core customers and the ability to ride around on a pretty dragon. They may well put some quests and other silly tasks in the way to add more "content" for those core customers to pay to go through, but that is the nature of the beast.
Quote:Blizzard made the change intentionally. If the skill to ride a flying mount is going to require the skill to ride an epic ground mount as a prerequisite, then they are obviously well aware of this and will adjust the cost of the flying-mount-riding-skill appropriately.

Trust me, they are not going to accidentally overcharge people 900g to ride the flying mounts. Whatever price they want people to pay is what people will have to pay. They are not going to put an accidental and pointless roadblock between their masses of core customers and the ability to ride around on a pretty dragon. They may well put some quests and other silly tasks in the way to add more "content" for those core customers to pay to go through, but that is the nature of the beast.

I haven't checked if my Commander got epic-riding for free (I assume I didn't). Saving gold was never the point (even if my time is worth nothing I probably spent more in consumeables and repair costs)... but it'd be kind of weak to have to buy epic mount solely to get a flying mount.

-- frink
Frink: Interestingly enough, the PvP mounts you get at rank 11 only require Apprentice Riding skill, even though they have Journeyman mount speed. I think you still have to cough up for Journeyman riding.

Guess this means my warlock can get cheap epic mounts though.:)

Chris
Quote:I haven't checked if my Commander got epic-riding for free (I assume I didn't). Saving gold was never the point (even if my time is worth nothing I probably spent more in consumeables and repair costs)... but it'd be kind of weak to have to buy epic mount solely to get a flying mount.

-- frink

I'll be interested to know what they did there; I do know that they also lowered the cost of pvp mounts to 9g, so a commander could have all of the pvp mounts fairly cheap (Are there any mods to randomly select a mount when you hit your mount hotkey? that would be sweet!).

In other mount price news, the AV exalted mount requires riding 150 and now costs 8g with the exalted and honor discounts. So with riding 150, you'll pay 808g (with discounts) for an AV mount. This is an overall increase in the price of 168g: Previously the mount cost 640g with discounts.

Will there be level 70 versions of the gear in AV? because otherwise, it seems that AB might be a better place to spend my PvP time. I'm trying for rank 8, might try for rank 11, but I can only play 2-3 hours per night. So max honor/time is key for me.

Quote:Will there be level 70 versions of the gear in AV?

I'm not sure whether I'd WANT to see level 70 AV gear. It's already ridiculously easy to walk out of there with a bag full of epic items after a week or two of playing. Everyone and their mother has TUF and their Don's ring.
See you in Town,
-Z
Quote:I'm not sure whether I'd WANT to see level 70 AV gear. It's already ridiculously easy to walk out of there with a bag full of epic items after a week or two of playing. Everyone and their mother has TUF and their Don's ring.

AV is fast for me, but not that fast. My queue time is usually ~1 hour; I run AB and WSG and then a game of AV, then requeue at the beginning again. After 3 weeks of playing evenings and 1 day per weekend like that, I'm almost revered, which will only be halfway to exalted. Right now I'm trying to see if I can hit honored with AB before revered with AV.
Quote:AV is fast for me, but not that fast. My queue time is usually ~1 hour; I run AB and WSG and then a game of AV, then requeue at the beginning again. After 3 weeks of playing evenings and 1 day per weekend like that, I'm almost revered, which will only be halfway to exalted. Right now I'm trying to see if I can hit honored with AB before revered with AV.

For me I got in 3 AV games in the hour between when I take my shower and when I leave for work.

Loss, Win, Loss... Rogue was already exalted, so all I got out of it was honor. Since it's a bonus weekend it was ~4k for the first loss, ~6k for the win and ~4.5k for the second loss. plus kill honor and the two times I completed "for great honor" with some tokens I had from the other BGs and I probably got close to 25k honor in PUGs for an hour this morning.

That's why AV is getting to be insanely quick races. I can imagine that would be around 400-600 rep per hour or so if I wasn't maxed on rep. Which is ~100 hours or so to go from nothing to max rep.

Some servers are quicker than others. I guess due to faction imbalances.

But yeah, I don't think they'll make that kind of gear so easy to get in the expansion. TUF is pretty uhh.. tough to replace. Lobo is pretty decent for dagger rogues too. And with the rarity of rings DJB doesn't get replaced for a while either.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
I can do most of the AV grind in a bonus weekend. Of course, part of that time is spent in a corner, hitting spacebar every 5 min while doing the dishes. You make a joke of a BG, I'm going to treat it like a joke.

I have seen (can't remember where) level 70 AV epics. AFIK right now the plan is to just hand everybody the new versions. No way of knowing if those SS's were fake or if they will change their mind about free epics.

Those leather patches look pretty poor. 3 mana/5 to boots looked ok until I saw the new 4 mana and health to boots.
Quote:I'll be interested to know what they did there; I do know that they also lowered the cost of pvp mounts to 9g, so a commander could have all of the pvp mounts fairly cheap (Are there any mods to randomly select a mount when you hit your mount hotkey? that would be sweet!).

Pvp mounts are 9g and can be purchased without rep restriction (i think, that part's hearsay). If you already owned a pvp mount you couldn't ride, you can ride it after the patch. Pvp mounts require 75 skill, but either being rank 11 or holding one in your inventory gives you 150 skill. I was able to go to amberstill and buy my first (non-pvp) epic mount for ~90g and was able to use it.

I don't know what people who hit commander after the patch will get.

-- frink