2.0 Warrior PvP Spec
With the upcoming PvP and talent changes I've been considering what to do with Jandrey over on Terenas and well, I've got a few ideas bouncing around. At first a normal 41/5/5 spec seemed workable, but losing out on Second Wind seemed like a bad idea for running BGs.

Current Build

With Jandrey's current DPS gearing at:

Helm: Helm of Valor
Neck: Beads of Ogre Might
Shoulders: Bulky Iron Spaulders
Chest: Kromcrush's Chestplate
Back: Zulian Tigerhide Cloak
Wrist: Battleborn Armbraces
Hands: Gauntlets of Heroism
Belt: Belt of Heroism
Legs: Legplates of Valor
Feet: Slime Kickers
Ring1: Seal of the Gurubashi Berserker
Ring2: Band of the Ogre King
Trink1: Blackhand's Breadth
Trink2: Rune of the Guard Captain
Mainhand: Barbarous Blade
Ranged: Fahrad's Reloading Repeater

Alternate gearing includes a buttload of tanking stuff, including a Silent Fang.

I think this will do well, but for some reason I'm also wondering if the talents over in Prot wouldnt be so bad for both BGs and instances. Any thoughts?
"You can build a perfect machine out of imperfect parts."
-Urza

He's an old-fashioned Amish cyborg with no name. She's a virginal nymphomaniac fairy princess married to the Mob. Together, they fight crime!

The Blizzcon Class Discussion:
Crowd: "Our qq's will blot out the sun"
Warlocks: "Then we will pewpew in the shade"
I advised a friend last night and this is what we came up with:

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent-bc=LVMhdAbogMdioVZb

It seems pretty obvious that you go to 41/5/0 to get Mortal Strike, Improved Mortal Strike, Endless Rage and Cruelty

Not terribly obvious where to go next from there as nothing very exciting in Prot or Fury is within range
Quote:I advised a friend last night and this is what we came up with:

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent-bc=LVMhdAbogMdioVZb

It seems pretty obvious that you go to 41/5/0 to get Mortal Strike, Improved Mortal Strike, Endless Rage and Cruelty

Not terribly obvious where to go next from there as nothing very exciting in Prot or Fury is within range
Why did you put 2 points into Imp. Bloodrage instead of TM?

The talent change really hurts. In all honesty, Improved MS is a pretty bad talent, but it's not like there is much choice if you want to get MS... There are simply not enough points to use.

Which is why I simply went Fury for now. And the only way I'd go MS spec right now would be if I had a really good 2-handed mace - mace specialization helps a lot.
Quote:Why did you put 2 points into Imp. Bloodrage instead of TM?

Because the person I advised didn't like the sound of TM

Personally I agree with you Lemekim, I would prefer TM and the ability to stance dance better
I had a morning of PvP with this spec:

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent-bc=LVMsdAbqM0dioVZc

1) Mace spec is freaking awesome. Stuns happen with decent frequency and I am more able to handle mages, warlocks and hunters than I was before. Hunters with 'the beast within' seem to be a bit problematic.

2) Second wind is okay, but rogues still stunlock. I didn't find any that I ended up in a fair 1 on 1 where they got to me first, most times I'd be stunned and get killed my much more than just a rogue. It did help some on shadow priests and mages.

3) a prot warrior downright owned me in this spec. I got him to about 35% or so, and it took a while, but I just couldn't break through. Fully blocked hamstrings were an issue, and with a different approach it might go better. I'm not sure how well geared he was, but he was weaing a T2 helm, didn't think to look at what the shield was.

4) Mages still get away a lot with novas and blinks, but I feel I stand a much better chance than before.

Overall I think I'm better able to PvP now than before the patch as a warrior, but keep in mind that my previous spec was not a dedicated PvP spec in that I didn't have enrage. I was 31 arms / 15 prot / 5 fury.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
I have a level 60 warrior that I have played scense Beta And I beleive that right now with a level 60 warrior that Mace spec with MS and 20 points into Fury talents is a really good build. After pvping for about 2 weeks after the 2.0 patch an d pvping all through out the ptr. It feels like mace spec has about a 30 to 40 percent chance to stun. I personally like sword or axe spec. No matter what our opinions are... make sure you go with the build that you have the most fun using, after all this is a game and games are all about fun.:)

Blackmanta =P
Oh I'm sorry but I forgot to add one thing. If you want a pvp spec I really suggest imp intercept and imp berzerker rage, those two talents are so awsome for pvp especially if you know you are going to be on your owm most of the match, ( by on your owm I mean no body trying to heal you) If you are going to pvp with a team say guild mates then I would pick up MS for sure -50% healing is just too good for taking down flag carriers.:)

With My warrior I'm usually all by myself, [I wish I had a pet shaman:)] Right now after patch I like Mace spec, the 41 point talent Rampage is definately an awsome talent but I think its better for PVE because it takes soo much rage to activate and by the time you build the rage to use it you will most likely be dead from a mage or warlock that can two shot any other class out there. If you have a heal bot than by all means go for it, nothing is more fun than a healing shaman dropping windfury at your feet.

I was in a AB match a while ago with one of the BEST Shamans Terenas has ever had "Brawler" the 2 of us managed to get more kills that the 15 alliance that we were being farmed by at our grave yard. Brawler Dropped WF totem and spammed heals, at the end of the match " wich only lasted about 3 or 4 minutes the two of us had more killing blows than the !% ally. It was soo awsome. I cant wait to bring my shaman over to Terenas so the warrior in my guild can feel like gods of the pvp aspect.

Blackmanta
Quote:Oh I'm sorry but I forgot to add one thing. If you want a pvp spec I really suggest imp intercept and imp berzerker rage, those two talents are so awsome for pvp especially if you know you are going to be on your owm most of the match, ( by on your owm I mean no body trying to heal you) If you are going to pvp with a team say guild mates then I would pick up MS for sure -50% healing is just too good for taking down flag carriers.:)
With My warrior I'm usually all by myself, [I wish I had a pet shaman:)] Right now after patch I like Mace spec, the 41 point talent Rampage is definately an awsome talent but I think its better for PVE because it takes soo much rage to activate and by the time you build the rage to use it you will most likely be dead from a mage or warlock that can two shot any other class out there. If you have a heal bot than by all means go for it, nothing is more fun than a healing shaman dropping windfury at your feet.

I was in a AB match a while ago with one of the BEST Shamans Terenas has ever had "Brawler" the 2 of us managed to get more kills that the 15 alliance that we were being farmed by at our grave yard. Brawler Dropped WF totem and spammed heals, at the end of the match " wich only lasted about 3 or 4 minutes the two of us had more killing blows than the !% ally. It was soo awsome. I cant wait to bring my shaman over to Terenas so the warrior in my guild can feel like gods of the pvp aspect.

Blackmanta
My spelling and grammer in the previous post is terrible please forgive me.:P
Quote:I have a level 60 warrior that I have played scense Beta And I beleive that right now with a level 60 warrior that Mace spec with MS and 20 points into Fury talents is a really good build. After pvping for about 2 weeks after the 2.0 patch an d pvping all through out the ptr. It feels like mace spec has about a 30 to 40 percent chance to stun. I personally like sword or axe spec. No matter what our opinions are... make sure you go with the build that you have the most fun using, after all this is a game and games are all about fun.:)

Blackmanta =P

Blizzard has already stated that they will soon be "fixing" the mace spec. As is, it procs too often at about 33%. They will be taking it down to about 11%, which is supposedly where it should have been in the first place. Notice how they don't do anything for years about certain things, like Intercept landing 50 feet away, but as soon as they perceive that a warrior has something nice, they are very quick to "fix" it. So, don't get too used to that Mace spec.

-A