Where to Find the Rarer Books?
So, I'm looking for a few items (and I have been for quite a while), but I'm not quite sure where to look. I'm so desperate for them, I'm willing to do "runs" to obtain them.

Oh, and no shopping: this is for my lvl 27 LoL mage:
  • book of fireball<>
  • book of chain lightning<>
  • book of teleport<>
  • dreamflange<>
  • a decent shield<>
    [st]
    I'm already rocking a Royal Circlet and Naj's Light Plate, so we're okay in that regard.

I don't think the books can drop in the catacombs bookshelves, so I think I'll have to kill monsters to get them to drop. :/

Thanks,
    NatNit
~NatNit~

NatAmused(LoL) - LoL Mage (26)
NaughtyNat(LoL) - LoL Rogue (12)
FuzzyNat(LEM) - Lemming (11)
NatNit - Arty Sorc (36)
NakeyNat(NM) - Naked Mage (14)
SailorNat(BNM) - Beyond Naked Mage (9)
Quote:I don't think the books can drop in the catacombs bookshelves, so I think I'll have to kill monsters to get them to drop
They could both drop from bookshelves on dlvl 8.

As for the answers about best places, I'm just too tired right now to consider all the variables, so I'll let someone else do that.

edit: Oops, missed the Book of teleport. It can't drop from a bookshelf.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?"

-W.C. Fields
You have no fireball or CL books at all, or you're just looking to raise those spells? If you don't have even one, you could clear level 8 by way of level 9 to try for the fireball and CL books. If you are looking to raise them, just hit enchanted shrines as you are collecting potions in the church, which you will be doing a lot of when soloing a LoL mage.

The other items, you will most likely find in hell eventually. The nature of LoL is that good things come to those who are patient. You may be well into your 30s before you ever find a book of teleport. It's just hard to tell. The flip side is that it is absolutely remarkable that you have Naj's and RC at level 27, LoL or not. Try not to die with them on in a solo game.:o
Thanks for the advice Len and Nystul. Good to see the old faces helping out as always.

Guess I'll go for level 8 runs then, and just hope to get lucky.

Oh, and for posterity's sake, remembered this thread over at the DSF Community:

Living off the Land Book Hunt

Now, completely off-topic, what ever happened to kP (OneWhoWatches) and his chat extensions.:(

Whoops, some things to edit in: I don't know those spells yet, so I have to find the books. Also, with such great gear, I'm afraid of playing solo all the time.:)
~NatNit~

NatAmused(LoL) - LoL Mage (26)
NaughtyNat(LoL) - LoL Rogue (12)
FuzzyNat(LEM) - Lemming (11)
NatNit - Arty Sorc (36)
NakeyNat(NM) - Naked Mage (14)
SailorNat(BNM) - Beyond Naked Mage (9)
In my experience, high books like blood star, teleport, golem and bone spirit, are being dropped by high level monsters, such as blood knights and advocates.
Hi,

I love LOL, I have a Warrior lv 22 Hellfire, The Dark Mod :D

Tried LOL in World of Warcraft, major fun, but very difficult :P

Quote:So, I'm looking for a few items (and I have been for quite a while), but I'm not quite sure where to look. I'm so desperate for them, I'm willing to do "runs" to obtain them.

Oh, and no shopping: this is for my lvl 27 LoL mage:
  • book of fireball<>
  • book of chain lightning<>
  • book of teleport<>
  • dreamflange<>
  • a decent shield<>
    [st]I'm already rocking a Royal Circlet and Naj's Light Plate, so we're okay in that regard.

I don't think the books can drop in the catacombs bookshelves, so I think I'll have to kill monsters to get them to drop. :/

Thanks,
    NatNit

He can do more for Others, Who has done most with Himself.