Crash on startup?
Hi all,

I am having some trouble getting Diablo to run.

Everything installs okay, and when I start the game, the Blizzard splash screen comes up, then the game crashes and the error report shows the following:

AppName: diablo.exe AppVer: 2001.5.11.1 ModName: unknown
ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 00c200a4

I tried patching the game, but am getting the same error. I am running a Core 2 Duo, XP Pro, and have a modern video card (GForce 8600).

Got fed up and tried Diablo II, which just goes to a black screen with a dos-style cursor, and if I alt-tab out, it crashes my system.

Any ideas on either game?
Are other games working on this system? You might want to run dxdiag.exe and see if any problems pop up there.
Quote:Are other games working on this system? You might want to run dxdiag.exe and see if any problems pop up there.

Yeah, everything else seems to be okay. I can play all modern games on the system. I actually got Diablo II to work by patching it (go figure), but Diablo I is still having the same problem. Though playing Diablo II only reminds me why I want to play Diablo I.:(

EDIT:

The problem? I have dual monitors, and apparently Diablo doesn't like that. As soon as I diabled the second monitor, everything works 100%.
I was having the same problem, but without any error dialog.

http://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/index...opic=10231

I'm having a problem with starcraft now that has my computer freezing after a few minutes of play. I think that is due to the current Nvidia drivers though.
I was actually going to suggest that, I discovered the same problem. I use an external monitor in addition to my laptop monitor, so when I want to play Diablo all I have to do is shut the laptop. No need to change any configurations. =)

Hope I helped.