I have been playing with my wii...
Quote:Just when I think I can cross it off my list... SSBB is going to be incredible. And don't even get me started on Prime 3, I was hooked after 2 minutes of the original on the GC.

Sigh, I don't know whether to thank you or curse you Baylan:P

I'll go with the former, thanks.

Cheers,

Munk

I never played the original, but 3 is an absolute blast.

The only other shooter/adventure type game that I've ever had as much fun with on a console is RE4, which is much more shooter than adventure.

Scanning saves me. If it wasn't for that, I'd never figure crap out.
Quote:I never played the original, but 3 is an absolute blast.

The only other shooter/adventure type game that I've ever had as much fun with on a console is RE4, which is much more shooter than adventure.

Scanning saves me. If it wasn't for that, I'd never figure crap out.

Prime 3 is an awesome game. I especially like some of the throwback pieces they put in, like the Aurora units looking suspiciously like the Mother Brains of old, and the Space Pirate wiring fictures that recede and then shatter like int he original.
See you in Town,
-Z
Quote:Just when I think I can cross it off my list... SSBB is going to be incredible.
And a bit more awesome sauce has just been added.
Hugs are good, but smashing is better! - Clarence<!--sizec--><!--/sizec-->
Well, I don't feel like giving the full on review here at work, but I will tell you that Metroid Prime: Corruption is one of the funnest FPS you can get on a console that's about as close to a keyboard/mouse combo your ever going to feel. The controls are very intuitive and the story is gripping, although you are shoehorned through much of the story, with only one path (typical for a FPS). There were three things I disliked comming from a computer standpoint: one was the inability to adjust the swivel setting (the speed at which you turn around 180-style); it's set to dreadfully slow; the next was the inabilty to fully look UP, although I'm to understand this is intentional as a limitation of your Metroid suit; last, in this day in age with Halo and the Wii being wi-fi and all, where the HELL IS THE MULTIPLAYER action? IMO, Nintendo really dropped the ball on this, but hey, beggers can't be choosers, right? It's still a great game and I do recommend it!

The next game I got was Dance Dance Revolution: Hottest Party. Wow... just wow! It's one of the funest DDR games I think I've ever played; the addition of the wii-mote and nunchucks makes it quite an intense game - I'm still on Beginner, but I never was that good at DDR games. The kids in arcads make it look so damn easy, but trust me, it's not. It's like skating or rollerblading - you WILL look like a fool doing it unless you practice, practice, practice. If your willing to put in the hours, you will look and feel great doing it, and get in shape - I think I seriously lost 3 pounds sweating so much playing this game. Who needs a gym membership when you got DDR:HP, lol.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
Quote:Well, I don't feel like giving the full on review here at work, but I will tell you that Metroid Prime: Corruption is one of the funnest FPS you can get on a console that's about as close to a keyboard/mouse combo your ever going to feel. The controls are very intuitive and the story is gripping, although you are shoehorned through much of the story, with only one path (typical for a FPS). There were three things I disliked comming from a computer standpoint: one was the inability to adjust the swivel setting (the speed at which you turn around 180-style); it's set to dreadfully slow; the next was the inabilty to fully look UP, although I'm to understand this is intentional as a limitation of your Metroid suit; last, in this day in age with Halo and the Wii being wi-fi and all, where the HELL IS THE MULTIPLAYER action? IMO, Nintendo really dropped the ball on this, but hey, beggers can't be choosers, right? It's still a great game and I do recommend it!

The next game I got was Dance Dance Revolution: Hottest Party. Wow... just wow! It's one of the funest DDR games I think I've ever played; the addition of the wii-mote and nunchucks makes it quite an intense game - I'm still on Beginner, but I never was that good at DDR games. The kids in arcads make it look so damn easy, but trust me, it's not. It's like skating or rollerblading - you WILL look like a fool doing it unless you practice, practice, practice. If your willing to put in the hours, you will look and feel great doing it, and get in shape - I think I seriously lost 3 pounds sweating so much playing this game. Who needs a gym membership when you got DDR:HP, lol.

You *can* adjust the swivel setting, but the top setting is still kind of slow (set it to advanced!)

And Multiplayer doesn't really fit in the Metroid universe... Who else are you supposed to be? And do they all have Samus's weapons? There'd be no way to do it that fits with the universe, IMO.
Quote:You *can* adjust the swivel setting, but the top setting is still kind of slow (set it to advanced!)

And Multiplayer doesn't really fit in the Metroid universe... Who else are you supposed to be? And do they all have Samus's weapons? There'd be no way to do it that fits with the universe, IMO.

Someone figured it out. And did a pretty good job of it, too.

gekko
"Life is sacred and you are not its steward. You have stewardship over it but you don't own it. You're making a choice to go through this, it's not just happening to you. You're inviting it, and in some ways delighting in it. It's not accidental or coincidental. You're choosing it. You have to realize you've made choices."
-Michael Ventura, "Letters@3AM"
I have a mixed review of the Wii. For multiplayer where people are actually at your house and they are non-gamers...the wii can't be beat.

For single player games I've found it very disappointing. I think the majority of my frustration comes from the fact that I've been playing WoW since release. Anymore, I find a single player game w/no multiplayer (read: online) play pointless because of that. That's my issue though.

Disclaimer: I have not yet tried any of the key release titles like zelda or metroid at this point, which I've heard are very good.

[Image: 398611nxqZf.png]
[Image: 398692clWcy.png]

-=Terenas=-
Saryn - 70 priestess
Tacita - 70 mage

-=Stormrage=-
Bellona - 60 Human Warlock
Raylyn - 21 Human Pries
Aesa - 60 Human Mage
Kirra - 39 Human Warrior
Kalb - 32 Dwarven Priest

-=Tichondrius=-
Zheelu - 52 Troll Rogue
Quote:I have a mixed review of the Wii. For multiplayer where people are actually at your house and they are non-gamers...the wii can't be beat.

For single player games I've found it very disappointing. I think the majority of my frustration comes from the fact that I've been playing WoW since release. Anymore, I find a single player game w/no multiplayer (read: online) play pointless because of that. That's my issue though.

Disclaimer: I have not yet tried any of the key release titles like zelda or metroid at this point, which I've heard are very good.

I beat Metroid Prime 3 today on veteran mode (I played through it the first time on veteran mode).

I logged just under 15 hours, meaning that it fits my bill for a "good value." (I consider 10+ hours to be a good value on a game, or what it'd cost to go and see 5 movies).

Absolutely love it, so give it a try. Also, look for Batallion Wars II, Manhunt 2, and Super Mario Galaxy in the next month. Also, MoH: Heroes 2 (32 player multiplayer!!!).

Looking good in the next few months :-) too bad about the Smash delay though.
Quote:Looking good in the next few months :-) too bad about the Smash delay though.
But with features like this, can anyone blame them?
Hugs are good, but smashing is better! - Clarence<!--sizec--><!--/sizec-->
I just received my free Wii Remote Jackets from Nintendo.

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/jacket/...equest.jsp

These things are pretty cool. It's a translucent rubber sleeve that fits over the Wii Remote with some padding around the business end. It makes the remotes really grippy and comfortable. The best part is that they were totally free. New consoles and remotes are being shipped with them.

:wub:Nintendo:wub:
Quote:I just received my free Wii Remote Jackets from Nintendo.

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/jacket/...equest.jsp

These things are pretty cool. It's a translucent rubber sleeve that fits over the Wii Remote with some padding around the business end. It makes the remotes really grippy and comfortable. The best part is that they were totally free. New consoles and remotes are being shipped with them.

:wub:Nintendo:wub:

They are pretty swell. They're very comfy/cushy, I've been busy though & haven't been able to play much wii lately... :-(

I just got Guitar Hero III today.

My paper that is due tomorrow is not getting itself done... and now that I"m working on it, I'm posting on the Lurker Lounge. Isn't that wonderful?
I bought the Wii Zapper today, and it's a pretty fun accessory:)

For $20, it comes bundled with Link's Crossbow Training. I used some price matching and coupon trickery to get it for $10, but I would certainly have paid full price. The Zapper holds the Wii remote and Nunchuk pretty solidly and the cords are mostly hidden within the body of it. All of the buttons are fully accessible.

Link's Crossbow Training is a pretty short and simplistic collection of target practice type games, but I'll be damned if I'm not having a ton of fun with it :w00t:
Quote:I bought the Wii Zapper today, and it's a pretty fun accessory:)

For $20, it comes bundled with Link's Crossbow Training. I used some price matching and coupon trickery to get it for $10, but I would certainly have paid full price. The Zapper holds the Wii remote and Nunchuk pretty solidly and the cords are mostly hidden within the body of it. All of the buttons are fully accessible.

Link's Crossbow Training is a pretty short and simplistic collection of target practice type games, but I'll be damned if I'm not having a ton of fun with it :w00t:

I've sadly heard bad things about the Zapper - its supposed to be effective, but limits button use & motion control abilities in games like RE:UC and MoH:Heroes. Of course, I haven't played with it yet... so I dunno how well it actually works.

Have you picked up Super Mario Galaxy yet?

Its obviously been getting some great critical acclaim... I haven't picked it up yet, because I lack the funds (I spent my money on GH3, with the hope of getting SMG for Christmas). The reviews have been phenomenal though, almost on par with Zelda: Ocarina of Time, which is obviously legendary...

-Baylan
Quote:I've sadly heard bad things about the Zapper - its supposed to be effective, but limits button use & motion control abilities in games like RE:UC and MoH:Heroes. Of course, I haven't played with it yet... so I dunno how well it actually works.

It's worth the purchase price just for Link's Crossbow Training B)

I haven't tried it with any other FPS games (there aren't many that are designed to be used with the Zapper), but a friend of mine said it's fabulous for RE:UC.

Quote:Have you picked up Super Mario Galaxy yet?
Not yet...

... I don't know why :(
When I first heard about Virtual Console, I didn't think too much of it. After all, there are emulators for the PC, so playing an old game again is hardly a ground breaking idea.

But my feelings on the matter began to change the more time I spent playing on the Wii. I've become a convert, and think the VC is all aces.

Or at least, the idea behind it. My only gripe with VC is that I wish it offered more games. I know, I know, on one hand there are a lot of games available. But there's also a ton of games I loved on the NES and SNES that aren't there.

So I thought I'd ask you fellow Wii'ers out there, what games do you wish were on VC?

Off hand I know I'm desperately missing:

Double Dragon series
TMNT II or III
Secret of Mana/Evermore
Goldeneye/Perfect Dark

So how bout it, what do you hope to see on VC in the future?

Cheers,

Munk
Quote:So how bout it, what do you hope to see on VC in the future?
Gauntlet.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Quote:Gauntlet.

I just wish they would follow through with what they said they would by adding *new* content to some of the older games. And trust me, the nostalgia gets thick after awhile. I don't think I've played a game on the VC for over two months or more now.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
Quote:Gauntlet.

Oh man. How could I forget the gauntlet series?

Suddenly I have an urge to kill screens full of baddies :whistling:

Cheers,

Munk
I just got Bubble Bobble and couldn't be happier :blush:
Quote:I just got Bubble Bobble and couldn't be happier :blush:

Duck, here comes an angry pink whale!

Cheers,

Munk