Have a bad day?
Link

Man sues Google for "Crimes Against Humanity", on the basis that his social security number, when flipped upside and jumbled, can resemble the word "Google".

Oh no, that's not the best part. In his hand-written suit, he supplies as exhibits his Social Security card, driver's license, a bank account number, a bank routing number, a monthly bank statement, a social security statement, and a library card. The kicker? Because of the way the U.S. court system works, and because NONE of these exhibits were redacted, it all goes into the public record, available for anyone to view. I do, truly, mean anyone.

Personally, I think he's insane. Literally INSANE. I wonder if an insanity plea can save you from court sanctions for bringing a frivolous lawsuit. That aside, I truly hope the court has some way of removing said documents and redacting them, if only for his own protection, even if they have to contact him to obtain his permission to do so. Otherwise... Well, the damage is already done, but I shudder to think of what future damage can be done if this isn't rectified, pronto.

Yikes. Just wow. I don't even know what to say. Good luck buddy. You're gonna need it.
Roland *The Gunslinger*
Quote:Link

Man sues Google for "Crimes Against Humanity", on the basis that his social security number, when flipped upside and jumbled, can resemble the word "Google".

Oh no, that's not the best part. In his hand-written suit, he supplies as exhibits his Social Security card, driver's license, a bank account number, a bank routing number, a monthly bank statement, a social security statement, and a library card. The kicker? Because of the way the U.S. court system works, and because NONE of these exhibits were redacted, it all goes into the public record, available for anyone to view. I do, truly, mean anyone.

Personally, I think he's insane. Literally INSANE. I wonder if an insanity plea can save you from court sanctions for bringing a frivolous lawsuit. That aside, I truly hope the court has some way of removing said documents and redacting them, if only for his own protection, even if they have to contact him to obtain his permission to do so. Otherwise... Well, the damage is already done, but I shudder to think of what future damage can be done if this isn't rectified, pronto.

Yikes. Just wow. I don't even know what to say. Good luck buddy. You're gonna need it.
From now on we all will be known as Dylan Stephen Jayne, and we can prove it!
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

*bangs head on desk*

Off-Topic:
Link

And you wonder, Kandrathe, why we have so many stupid laws? (Rhetorical question.)

I had to do a double-take on the photo. At first I thought it was a shot of Morgan Freedman from Bruce Almighty, or more actually the sequel (I forget the name; the one with the new Ark, etc.). When I saw it in fact was NOT such a photo, all hope that it was just a joke faded, and a little part of me died inside. You can't see it but I'm crying on the inside.

I think I need to go watch The Breakfast Club now. I don't know why. I just do.
Roland *The Gunslinger*
Quote:Yikes. Just wow. I don't even know what to say. Good luck buddy. You're gonna need it.

Ouch. This is one of the few times where I can say he would have been better off contacting a lawyer from a TV commercial. And it's not everyday you can say that!:P

Cheers,

Munk
Quote:From now on we all will be known as Dylan Stephen Jayne, and we can prove it!

[sarcasm]
At least those immigrants we've all been talking about won't have any more problems obtaining their "legal" paperwork :lol:.
[/sarcasm]
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
Quote:*bangs head on desk*

Off-Topic:
Link

And you wonder, Kandrathe, why we have so many stupid laws? (Rhetorical question.)

I had to do a double-take on the photo. At first I thought it was a shot of Morgan Freedman from Bruce Almighty, or more actually the sequel (I forget the name; the one with the new Ark, etc.). When I saw it in fact was NOT such a photo, all hope that it was just a joke faded, and a little part of me died inside. You can't see it but I'm crying on the inside.

I think I need to go watch The Breakfast Club now. I don't know why. I just do.
However, it IS good to know that God is alive and well living in Corpus Christi. Maybe Occhi would bring him some cookies for us, and thank him for all his hard work on our behalf?
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

Quote:However, it IS good to know that God is alive and well living in Corpus Christi. Maybe Occhi would bring him some cookies for us, and thank him for all his hard work on our behalf?
If you believe in the Triune God, He can live nowhere else. Body of Christ, with Christ as part of the Big Daddy, Junior, and the Spook team, puts him here. I have to admit I have not seen anyone who looks like George Burns lately, but I did hear the neighbor's wife yelling at him last night, telling Him she was coming. Yes, her name is Monah.

In case you were wondering, He wasn't born here either, due to nobody being able to find three virgins and a wise man.

Trouble is, furthermore, that where God is tends to be called Heaven, and that's almost in West Virginia. Corpus Christi is not even close to West Virginia, no less almost.

DR
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Quote:Trouble is, furthermore, that where God is tends to be called Heaven, and that's almost in West Virginia. Corpus Christi is not even close to West Virginia, no less almost.

Cosmologically speaking, Corpus Christi is almost West Virginia. The small separation between them is a mere 0.00003 AU, and AU's are tiny, tiny. I've forgotten the conversion to parsecs, durnit. It's also about 0.01 light-seconds, which is about 0.0000000003 light-years. Or so.

-V
Resident Astronomer
The Forsaken Inn
Quote:Cosmologically speaking, Corpus Christi is almost West Virginia. The small separation between them is a mere 0.00003 AU, and AU's are tiny, tiny. I've forgotten the conversion to parsecs, durnit. It's also about 0.01 light-seconds, which is about 0.0000000003 light-years. Or so.

-V
Resident Astronomer
The Forsaken Inn
Wrong context. Newtonian frames of reference for events are required for any comparison. Thus I do not equate Comet™ cleanser with roast beef, when at the atomic and sub atomic level, they are both merely made of neutrons, protons, electrons, mesons, etc. Irrelevant frame of reference for any useful comparison.

Thus, Corpus Christi is not even almost West Virginia, unless you are almost a platypus.

DR
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Quote:Thus, Corpus Christi is not even almost West Virginia, unless you are almost a platypus.

DR

The bacteria say that we are! Heck, just compare the histone sequences...

Aren't completely random and inappropriate reference frames fun?;)
See... here's the problem. In order to show the similarity, he'd have to present some evidence that his SSN was indeed GOOGLE when you flipped it, or whatever he was alleging. (Hmm... since GOOGLE is a 6 "digit" construct and an SSN is 9... how does his SSN become GOOGLE when flipped?).

As an attorney, I do wonder sometimes... I really do:P

Although to be perfectly honest, I'm sure that if somebody really wanted his SSN, they would have had it long before this suit was filed.

I'd love to read the court's disposition of the case:)

Things could be worse ... there was at least one lawsuit where the plaintiff sued Satan for ruining his life. The judge said that service was impossible and tossed the case.
Quote:Thus, Corpus Christi is not even almost West Virginia, unless you are almost a platypus.

DR
[Image: platypus_vandiablo_sm.jpg]

There is not enough snow in either CC or WV for my tastes...

Quote:...Things could be worse ... there was at least one lawsuit where the plaintiff sued Satan for ruining his life. The judge said that service was impossible and tossed the case.
Plaintiff could have suggested a possible solution to that difficulty, but telling the judge to go to Hell wouldn't have been at all helpful.
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.