Rogue + Shadow Priest 2v2
Quote:As an alliance raiding main tank I reject your 1k hp argument.

<_<You're not the only raiding tank here.
Earthen Ring-EU:
Taelas -- 60 Human Protection Warrior; Shaleen -- 52 Human Retribution Paladin; Raethal -- 51 Worgen Guardian Druid; Szar -- 50 Human Fire Mage; Caethan -- 60 Human Blood Death Knight; Danee -- 41 Human Outlaw Rogue; Ainsleigh -- 52 Dark Iron Dwarf Fury Warrior; Mihena -- 44 Void Elf Affliction Warlock; Chiyan -- 41 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk; Threkk -- 40 Orc Fury Warrior; Alliera -- 41 Night Elf Havoc Demon Hunter;
Darkmoon Faire-EU:
Sieon -- 45 Blood Elf Retribution Paladin; Kuaryo -- 51 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk
Quote:Replace "1k Health" with "Fear Ward", swap alliance and horde, and travel back about six months. The quote here would be directed at you, you would not enjoy it, but it would be no less valid (and likely untrue). Saying something is balanced because Blizzard ignored it is... well, silly.

Fear Ward rarely came into play in PvP, and Pallies could tank Nightbane before Fear Ward and the AI changes just fine.
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
Quote:Fear Ward rarely came into play in PvP, and Pallies could tank Nightbane before Fear Ward and the AI changes just fine.

I don't see anybody really arguing about the Tauren health bonus in PvP... arguably, gnomes, night elves, blood elves and even possibly undead have strong PvP-oriented racials. And dwarf priests:P

Yes, horde could do all the fear-based encounters before the changes. However, it wouldn't stop them bringing it up at every possible opportunity, with the implication that horde raiders are inherantly superior to alliance raiders, because alliance has it easy.

My point is attempting to turn it around and say yes, alliance can do all the encounters despite not having tauren tanks. Does it mean horde have it easier? Perhaps. But it was OK to constantly bring up fear as an alliance crutch, but point out a horde raiding advantage these days and people, well, quip one-liners saying you rolled the wrong faction.

Yes, alliance can do it without tauren; no, it's probably not balanced. But if things aren't exactly the same, people will always scream about imbalances. And I'm not entirely certain making things perfectly balanced (i.e., exactly the same) is any better than the slight varieties we have now.

Edit: wow, all this in a topic about Shadow Priest + Rogue 2v2; and we're talking about Tauren in PvE. Not sure we could get farther from the OP:P
We all know how effective Tauren Rogues are:)
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
Quote:We all know how effective Tauren Rogues are:)
Exactly. When was the last time you actually saw one?

Better start checking those cherry trees.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
Quote:Exactly. When was the last time you actually saw one?

Better start checking those cherry trees.

They're everywhere in Thousand Needles.
Quote: I'm fretting about being on of the 'gimped' races for tanking Horde-side again.

This is the same kind of fretting you were doing with your "undergeared" rogue who you thought didn't belong with us in T5 content, yet was consistently very strong on the DPS charts... unwarranted fretting.

Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Quote:This is the same kind of fretting you were doing with your "undergeared" rogue who you thought didn't belong with us in T5 content, yet was consistently very strong on the DPS charts... unwarranted fretting.
Fretting about not being able to perform at 100% of potential and striving to make it there is one of the things I credit with being a respected main tank during my time amongst various guilds and servers.

I'll grant you that my worrying can be somewhat unwarranted at times; but questioning if I should be taking a ilvl103-115 blue geared rogue (with a couple of greens as well) with 6.5k health and ~500ish dps (on lvl 73's) into T5 when nearly all of the SSC/TK bosses have significant aoe's or enrage timers was well within my whinging rights. :lol:

To be fair Fragit geared about as fast as Kam did, thus, Touchè Conc. :wub:
~Frag

Hardcore Diablo 1/2/3/4 & Retail/Classic WoW adventurer.
I've never, ever heard of Undead, Orc, and Troll (wait, Troll Warriors? Yeah, right!) tanks ever whining about Taurens' HP advantage. Likewise, I never hear of cows whining about WotF or orc stun resistance (stun resistance being more relevant to PvP than PvE, though.)
Quote:I've never, ever heard of Undead, Orc, and Troll (wait, Troll Warriors? Yeah, right!) tanks ever whining about Taurens' HP advantage.
I have.
Earthen Ring-EU:
Taelas -- 60 Human Protection Warrior; Shaleen -- 52 Human Retribution Paladin; Raethal -- 51 Worgen Guardian Druid; Szar -- 50 Human Fire Mage; Caethan -- 60 Human Blood Death Knight; Danee -- 41 Human Outlaw Rogue; Ainsleigh -- 52 Dark Iron Dwarf Fury Warrior; Mihena -- 44 Void Elf Affliction Warlock; Chiyan -- 41 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk; Threkk -- 40 Orc Fury Warrior; Alliera -- 41 Night Elf Havoc Demon Hunter;
Darkmoon Faire-EU:
Sieon -- 45 Blood Elf Retribution Paladin; Kuaryo -- 51 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk