Lurker Lounge Classic Guild Information
Exclamation 
Good afternoon, everyone,

After thorough discussion a decision to play on Mankrik - Eastern PvE Realm main Lurker guild in Alliance has been made. The Amazon Basin's primary guild will also be found there.

You can create/reserve character names there in under an hour. Let us know what you're thinking of playing!

Edit #1: Here is the invite link to the Mankrik Official Discord Server: https://discord.gg/RyQyUA

Edit #2: Full writeup of the phases the game will go through, starting with Phase 1: https://www.wowclassiccountdown.com/cont...e_and_pvp/

Code:
Phase 1 - Molten Core, Onyxia's Lair, and Maraudon
Phase 2 - Dire Maul, Lord Kazzak, Azuregos, and PvP Rank & Honor Systems
Phase 3 - Blackwing Lair, Darkmoon Faire, Darkmoon Deck Cards, and Warsong Gultch & Alterac Valley BGs
Phase 4 - Zul'Gurub, Arathi Basin BG, and Green Dragon World Bosses
Phase 5 - Dungeon Set 2 (Tier 0.5), Ahn'Qiraj War Effort, and both Ahn'Qiraj Raids
Phase 6 - Scourge Invasion Event, Naxxramas, and PvP Update

Edit #3: Guild is strictly casual, few rules, everyone can invite, if you are online and someone asks for assistance do your best to do so, and have fun!

Edit #4: Addon locations - Will It Classic, Curse, Legacy Addons. Addons Classic location will be: "~\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft\_retail_\Interface\AddOns" most likely unless you changed the location when you installed it.
Edit #4a (#11): Just heard, and verified, that the Twitch addon is working for Classic Addons!
Edit #4b (#12): Here is a google docs superthread of the status of various mods as well as their download location (should you not wish to use the Twitch mod): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...w?sle=true#

Edit #5: Map - Printable map of Azeroth

Edit #6: Atunements/Keys - SivHD's WoW Classic Keys & Attunements Infographic

Edit #7: Leveling - General Classic WoW Leveling Basics Guide

Edit #8: Leveling - Classic Dungeon Quests Guide for Leveling - Helpful to identify those hard-to-find quests for dungeons. (LOVE THIS ONE!)

Edit #9: Speed Leveling - Joana's World - Classic WoW Speed Leveling: World's fastest leveler for WoW has guides - not for most of us, but thought someone could be interested in it.

Edit #10: Found % XP gained per mob level by Navak charts - pretty interesting (TL;DR - Kill mobs your own level for max XP value): https://imgur.com/a/5vGiZwe
Hardcore Diablo 1/2/3/4 & Retail/Classic WoW adventurer.
Thanks, Frag!
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
So far I cannot create a character. The game tells me I have to have a character on the realm to create a character on that realm.
Took them a moment to unlock the servers for character creation - you were able to do so, correct?

Edit: Waffling on what to make - I have my name. Have a few options but looking forward to seeing what has been decided by others.
(08-12-2019, 11:20 PM)Frag Wrote: Took them a moment to unlock the servers for character creation - you were able to do so, correct?

Edit: Waffling on what to make - I have my name. Have a few options but looking forward to seeing what has been decided by others.

Yes, thanks, the second time I got in I was able to save the characters I created. I had written a post about my experiences but my post got eaten, and I did not feel like typing it all in again.

The names I reserved were all ones of mine from original WoW (except for one).

Roquefort
Baguette
Elynittria
Fasolt
Fafner
Fortran
I'll be rolling a DPS class of some sort, probably hunter, maybe warlock, possibly rogue. I can't guarantee how much I'll be able to play (definitely won't be in the running for any realm firsts!) but looking forward to hanging out with you fine folks. Smile
(Holy crap, I remembered my login for this site!)

I rolled a human mage called Janita on Mankrik. I may roll a warlock, too. What can I say, I like casters. I'd love to be in the guild, but I can't guarantee that I'll be able to raid or be super involved.

Also, someone stole my druid's name from my first ever WoW toon, and I am sad.
Wonderful to see you Janita!

Casters are always welcome and we're going casual here, no pressure! So sorry to hear about your Druids' name - what was it?
(08-14-2019, 01:41 AM)Frag Wrote: So sorry to hear about your Druids' name - what was it?

It was Laurelin. Amusingly enough, it was a randomly generated name, and I had no idea Laurelin was one of the Two Trees of Valinor in Tolkien lore when I rolled the character.
Krys and I reserved our names. It wasn't until after I created it on my account that I realized Krys could have her own toons on her account. Oh well she'll be able to create it once we get launched. Or I might just pay to transfer the toon so she doesn't have to go through the headache of recreating and taking a chance on losing the name.
Tori & I have been doing name transfers - just have the person who wants the name do the character appearance and then put the name they want into the Name UI. Then talk about a countdown (3 2 1 0) and at 0 the other person deletes the character with name and the other person hit's 'Enter' and instantly gets that name.

Glad to have you and Krys along for the fun, Tal!
Tonight I rebuilt my placeholder characters to be what I wanted. Thankfully I did not lose any names. I am so glad to be able to enjoy looking at my characters again! In normal WoW I have to play wearing a deep dive helmet so as not to have to look at them.

I have yet to decide which character or characters to level first. Originally in WoW I started leveling with my paladin, as I did in beta, although though all of vanilla my primary raiding character was my warrior tank, Fafner. My PvP character was my priest, Field Marshal Baguette. So many choices!

Speaking of placeholders I wonder if classic WoW will have my second favorite NPC, Captain Placeholder?
I installed Discord. I know nothing about Discord or how to use it. Is there a write up or tutorial?
Discord is a combination real-time forum and voice communication platform. You can be invited into groups by a link (see your PMs) and by clicking the (+) option at the bottom on the left of the UI.
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/...-26/263309

4 realms are being opened up on Monday the 26th at 1pm eastern time/ 10am pacific time. This gives a 5 hour lead time to classic going live. At this time you will also be able to make and name up to 10 characters on a realm.

And to Frag, I still would not be surprised to see 6+ realms opened up for NA on Monday.
Any plans to switch realms since Mankrik looks full?
I would still reserve names on Mankrick for now. Some of the driving players on which realm to try for may still need the weekend to weigh in their preferred plans. I saw stream that had to of the lead devs for classic on it answering some questions. They basically reaffirmed my opinion that there will likely be even more realms added at or shortly after launch time. They noted that they have several "contingency plans" prepared for launch day and one criteria that they are looking at is queue times to even log in.

For myself, I will likely try to reserve some names on Westfall when the name reservation start there; just in case.
Westfall is a nicer name!
(08-24-2019, 01:27 AM)Ruvanal Wrote: I would still reserve names on Mankrick for now. Some of the driving players on which realm to try for may still need the weekend to weigh in their preferred plans. I saw stream that had to of the lead devs for classic on it answering some questions. They basically reaffirmed my opinion that there will likely be even more realms added at or shortly after launch time. They noted that they have several "contingency plans" prepared for launch day and one criteria that they are looking at is queue times to even log in.

For myself, I will likely try to reserve some names on Westfall when the name reservation start there; just in case.

I want to start up a toon or two on Westfall as well. Maybe get the Goofball Gals back together and include the Lurker Banner. Just looking forward to all of it! For those of you who never played in Goofball Gals, the only criteria are that you create a female toon and try to pick a profession that either hasn't been chosen by another so contributes to our AH efforts since we take crafting seriously and fill our coffers from it. All proceeds hit the GB and get shared. All unused materials hit the GB and get shared, which all sounds wonderful until you realize that we don't have money for our own Banks, let alone the GB. Smile But we always get it done.
[Image: Sabra%20gold%20copy.jpg]

I blame Tal.

Sabramage Authenticated!
Hey everyone! For now let's still plan on Mankrik - but reserve some names on Westfall just in case Mankrik is unable to be logged into.

Guess I'm working from home on Monday to snag names on Westfall, lol.