Lurker Lounge Classic Guild Information
(08-24-2019, 12:37 PM)Frag Wrote: Hey everyone! For now let's still plan on Mankrik - but reserve some names on Westfall just in case Mankrik is unable to be logged into.

Guess I'm working from home on Monday to snag names on Westfall, lol.

Mein Fragala, you are the best! I bet by the time we hit Westfall it will be filled too.

I really don't expect this interest in Classic to last, because, for a lot of WOW Players who never played Vanilla before, it's going to seem "too hard."

What do others think?

Tell you what - if I start seeing streams of World First's for Ragnaros on YouTube, I'll have to eat those words.
[Image: Sabra%20gold%20copy.jpg]

I blame Tal.

Sabramage Authenticated!
My playing time is such that I don't feel like spending hours in a queue, so I'll make a character on Westfall if it looks like it will be more open.
(08-24-2019, 03:39 PM)Sabra Wrote:
(08-24-2019, 12:37 PM)Frag Wrote: Hey everyone! For now let's still plan on Mankrik - but reserve some names on Westfall just in case Mankrik is unable to be logged into.

Guess I'm working from home on Monday to snag names on Westfall, lol.

Mein Fragala, you are the best! I bet by the time we hit Westfall it will be filled too.

I really don't expect this interest in Classic to last, because, for a lot of WOW Players who never played Vanilla before, it's going to seem "too hard."

What do others think?

Tell you what - if I start seeing streams of World First's for Ragnaros on YouTube, I'll have to eat those words.

I am aware of at least 6 guilds that are already planning their race to be first on a Rag kill. One of those has this idea that they can get it done by day 7 live. They are an extreme minority thinking that it can be done that quickly. The more believable groups are thinking that it might done in the 8 to 10 day time frame.

i am also expecting the Westfall server to reach a full cap prior to launch. but the question will be how many of those that cause it to cap are going to due to players hedging their bets as to which server will end up with better queue times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fREa-rfs...dex=2&t=0s

The first hour of this video has two of the lead developers answering some questions about classic. There are several questions about the launch, queue times and expectations about player load on the servers. A quick rundown of some points are that the queue time will get better after the player base begins to spread out. Even half the player spreading out from Northshire Abby to across Elwynn Forest is expected to have a significant reduction on the server load and the corresponding queue time.
Hmm...new realms are active but as yet no expanded character limit.

Edit: Never mind.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
Big Grin

[Image: tumblr_inline_mjvliy9cCV1qz4rgp.gif]

See you all in Azeroth! Please ping me if you want a Discord invite!
Hardcore Diablo 1/2/3/4 & Retail/Classic WoW adventurer.
Good news - if you're in the game is running well.

Bad news - Mankrik is around 8500 queue to log in. Not planning a move right this second however, as Westfall is around 5000 queue. Hopefully Blizzard assists us here.
No trouble getting in the game at 6:00 o'clock. Then I logged out to set up my mic and 3+ hours later I got back in.

So many things to figure out again. I can't even remember how to adjust the font size of the message text. It took quite a while but I did get a macro to work.
For those who did make it in, how was the gameplay?

I didn't even try to login last night and I doubt I will for a few days. I remember the queues all too well. I have a three day weekend coming up so it can all wait.

I blame Tal.

Sabramage Authenticated!
Sabra - First 30m-60m of the server there was a bit of stutter-stepping and latency in response times, since then it's been buttery smooth.

Lav - you should be able to adjust the size of chat by right-clicking on the chat window tab and selected Font Size.
Found this gem last night: https://www.wowhead.com/news=294723/laun...imes-us-oc

When watching the queues last night doesn't look like Mankrik is going to be having a long-term queue server and queue was dropping about the same time/numbers as Westfall.

Will continue to monitor it, but I would be say we are close to confirming Mankrik.
Exclamation 
We have 4 more signatures to go before we can form the Mankrik Guild. Try to whisper Gummi (that's Frag) if you manage to get on tonight. He's in Goldshire right now, so maybe whip up a human, even if only to set her aside for a bit. Thanks, All.

I blame Tal.

Sabramage Authenticated!
(08-28-2019, 02:03 PM)Sabra Wrote: We have 4 more signatures to go before we can form the Mankrik Guild. Try to whisper Gummi (that's Frag) if you manage to get on tonight. He's in Goldshire right now, so maybe whip up a human, even if only to set her aside for a bit. Thanks, All.

Thanks, Sabra. I don't get home from work until 9:30 or so but I'll plan to make a human tonight.
The Guild (The Lounge) is now made!
How have the queues been on Mankrik? Told a former Lurker to have him and his son go there, and they were put off by 6k+ queues yesterday.
Only long around 5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. or so. Last night I had to relog both after changing an addon and after a server crash (AUTHENTIC VANILLA EXPERIENCES! Big Grin ) and only waited 30-35m between both queues.

There's a queue, but it's not like there isn't one someplace else that we've seen.
(08-28-2019, 08:37 PM)Frag Wrote: The Guild (The Lounge) is now made!

Which surprised the hell out of me! I rather love it though. All drinks come with paper umbrellas!

I blame Tal.

Sabramage Authenticated!
(08-12-2019, 09:11 PM)Frag Wrote: Edit #1: Here is the invite link to the Mankrik Official Discord Server: https://discord.gg/RyQyUA

Invite has expired according to Discord (or is invalid).

Can we get another one?

- Thanks
(09-04-2019, 04:03 PM)vor_lord Wrote:
(08-12-2019, 09:11 PM)Frag Wrote: Edit #1: Here is the invite link to the Mankrik Official Discord Server: https://discord.gg/RyQyUA

Invite has expired according to Discord (or is invalid).

Can we get another one?

- Thanks
That was an invite from someone that made general discords for each server just prior to launch.

Are you looking for an invite to discord we are using for "The Lounge"?
Is there still an active Lurkers guild on USEast Mankrik Alliance? I have a level 18 Rogue there (Pantsalot) and would love a guild invite.
Hi, DeeBye. There is and we are always on at noon on Sundays! If you can login in, whisper Sabra.

I blame Tal.

Sabramage Authenticated!