Patch 1.05 Preview
Thanks guys, good to know, i'll dust of my characters and see if i can get back into it.

Mist
(10-24-2012, 03:33 AM)LochnarITB Wrote: I've enjoyed the game from day 1 so I can only say that it has kept getting better. My only 60 is not all that well geared (zero AH for my toons) so MP2 inferno is still a handful. Right now I've been farming MP5 hell and I'm wondering if anyone else is seeing what I'm seeing. I seem to get double champ/elite packs very often. It isn't that I screw up and run off into the second one, they come along with contact with the first group. Not only do I have double the mobs, but they have different abilities. So, instead of 3, I essentially have a huge mob with 6 abilities. Exciting! "People are dying out there. I don't think 'exciting' is the word I'd choose to describe it!"

Particularly narrow areas often have elite packs that spawn really close together. Though I would say that I've noticed elite packs are very close to each other in the same area, like possibly 3 packs in a very short distance sometimes which didn't happen before.

Try farming Arreat Crater 1/2 and note if you see many more of these double packs compared to elsewhere. Well, farm it anyways once you get 5 stacks since it's one of the best places to pop tons of monsters for drops and gold. And you can get up to ilvl62... it's no joke. Mp10 late act 3 farming in hell is a viable alternative.

The other indirect effect of MP is that normal mode suddenly can become challenging again. However, they should remove the keywardens from outside Inferno, as they have claimed quite a few hc characters. Since they won't give any keys before inferno, that's not a good thing.
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
Nice, finished inferno on my WD, MP0 is a lot easier now, and i was using my minion gear set with thorns and only 30k dps myself.
It's good to see they listened to the feedback from people, shame they didn't get it right from the start given they took a lot years to design and make the game.
Still, i'll be back tomorrow to do inferno MP1.

Mist

FYI, also got 2 LE's, not great ones, but good enough to have faith in the drop rate now.
Nice Mist! Thanks for the updates Smile
Hardcore Diablo 1/2/3/4 & Retail/Classic WoW adventurer.
(10-22-2012, 03:17 PM)Spangles Wrote:
(10-18-2012, 05:22 AM)Chesspiece_face Wrote: [quote='Spangles' pid='202704' dateline='1350493894']
My CM wizard had the same experience. MP4 seemed so much easier than on the PTR that I farmed an Inferno Machine in MP5, with no problems. Other than the Keywarden in Stonefort, who I think is a bit overtuned.

That guy is ridiculously overtuned. I jumped into MP7 tonight and was able to easily handle everything up to him. It obviously takes time to work through champ packs but I had no times that I felt in great danger. The keywarden, however, was instant death. To reasonably fight this guy you need to turn down the MP level at least 2 or 3 degrees below what you can handle for any other encounter. Illusionist + chain casting Icy Grasp of the Dead that continuously covers the entire screen is insane. The design of the fight is extremely fun but having a damage source that can essentially cover the screen and can layer on top of itself AND slows you so you cannot easily move away is just silly.

Blizzard Wrote:We agree that he may be a little bit too challenging at the moment, and are discussing the possibility of either reducing his outgoing damage, tweaking what affixes he spawns with, or moving his spawn location (right now, he's kind of hard to avoid if you're just questing normally). We'd like to hear more from the community on the topic first, though, before we make any decisions.

Blizzard Wrote:The following changes have been made to Xah'rith the Keywarden:

He can no longer spawn with the Illusionist or Fast affix
The damage dealt by a number of his abilities has been reduced
The movement speed reduction applied by his Cold attacks has been reduced
His size has been slightly reduced
They should have just moved him, and wtf? Can he still spawn outside of inferno?
(10-25-2012, 05:02 PM)Archon_Wing Wrote: They should have just moved him, and wtf? Can he still spawn outside of inferno?

He's still in Normal and I assume all other difficulties.

Now he's no worse (in Normal) than an Act boss e.g. Belial, maybe a little easier. I did him fairly readily at MP10 Normal with gems from Nightmare and crafted/found gear.

If they are going to have Keywardens astride the players normal progression (not in say the Cave of the Keywarden someplace) they do need to be doable by somebody in found gear untwinked.
It still feels like a large difficulty ramp, especially when an elite pack is nearby.

Well, I just don't like the concept of them being outside inferno, since they don't provide what they were designed to do outside. Basically, their design doesn't take into account sub-60, pre-inferno situations.
(10-25-2012, 09:12 PM)Archon_Wing Wrote: It still feels like a large difficulty ramp, especially when an elite pack is nearby.

Well, I just don't like the concept of them being outside inferno, since they don't provide what they were designed to do outside. Basically, their design doesn't take into account sub-60, pre-inferno situations.

Actually, having started a new toon recently, and having run into the keymaster in the Fields past the graveyard, I *like* having him there. A little special challenge (especially at MP10) tossed into my play session is nice.

So, just put that down to YMMV on whether to have him there or not.
--Mav
I'm enjoying my MP10 new playthrough in hardcore using self-found/crafted gear only. Everything up to the middle of Act 2 has been challenging, but not insurmountable. I was worried about the Act 3 Keywarden, but the patch notes make it seem like they smacked him pretty hard with the nerf bat.

I plan to finish normal in MP10, then lower to MP5 in NM, MP1 in Hell, and finally down to MP0 in Inferno (using self-found gear). Hardcore mode is still grabbing my attention, so I feel like that play style would be challenging but doable. Let's see if my new characters can make it.

So how, or what, is everyone else playing? New character? Different skill set?
I'm playing HC sorceress, MP 10, self-found/crafted, now progressing through Nightmare. I'm loving the abundance of items. She's found one or two legendaries in her progression.

I think MP10 should be viable until Hell, since +5 levels (in stats AND gear) counts for a lot. Progression is not linear, that is, your power follows a squared or cubic polynomial curve so your level 35 could be almost twice as strong as your level 30. We'll see.

You'll tend to be about +5 levels over the monsters on MP 10 because monsters at -5 levels give you about half the experience, thus compensating for your MP 10 exp boost.

My previous top HC character was a WD 53, died in Hell difficulty from a rash decision concerning Arcane Enchanted special monster.

Act 3 Keywarden was smacked pretty hard with the nerf bat, so you should be OK if you're paying attention. Same is true for Act 4 Keywarden (at least for my Sorceress.) I was wary and kited a lot ... I would say about as dangerous as a mini boss.
MP10 full playthrough. Crafting a lot + better (and huge abundance) of drops makes it somewhat challenging, but mostly a ton of fun. Only rough bit was while wearing only self-found gear at the time and trying to rush through the timed dungeon in NM A2, almost bit it there. I've broken down and bought two pieces of gear (boots with movement speed % and helmet with main stats and a socket) and I'm attributing that a bit to the class I'm playing (DH) and more that I haven't done much ARPGing lately. It still feels like there's literally no room for error even with the new defensive options (<3 Boar) for a DH.

Probably going to do a HCHC run with a barb after this.

Edit: About to finish NM on the DH MP10 playthrough, and... still no legendary drop. Smile
Hardcore Diablo 1/2/3/4 & Retail/Classic WoW adventurer.
Oddly my little play session at MP10 today has me not really feeling I need to play Hardcore anymore. Though some of that might be because my biggest SC character has only gotten to L18 so living off the land/crafts is a little more challenging. That and since I'm only likely to play very rarely softcore is working a bit better for me. I might get back to HC again, but yeah monster power and the other changes are good things. So if you see me on feel free to poke me.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
(10-27-2012, 01:12 AM)MonTy Wrote: So how, or what, is everyone else playing? New character? Different skill set?

I've predominantly just been playing my softcore Witch Doctor still. I get a couple chances a week to play for 2 or 3 hours and just like to veg out and blow stuff up. Mostly been playing MP4 or 5 and just playing with no specific goals.

I've gathered up enough mats to try the Infernal Machine once. Killed off Siegebreaker and Zultan Kuhl on MP4 solo. It was interesting but not something I am going to go out of my way to farm massive keys. The legendary ring is something I will eventually want to get but I don't see it as something I NEED, and it didn't seem like the other drops from these bosses were any greater than normal act bosses. If anyone is interested in getting together a group to kill these things occasionally I could be convinced to participate however.
(10-26-2012, 05:56 PM)Mavfin Wrote:
(10-25-2012, 09:12 PM)Archon_Wing Wrote: It still feels like a large difficulty ramp, especially when an elite pack is nearby.

Actually, having started a new toon recently, and having run into the keymaster in the Fields past the graveyard, I *like* having him there. A little special challenge (especially at MP10) tossed into my play session is nice.

So, just put that down to YMMV on whether to have him there or not.

As an optional boss, I don't have a trouble with one that's especially hard. The act 3 one though couldn't be avoided when regularly progressing through the act. His attacks also take up the screen so unless you have godly reactions or have movement speed already, it was causing the death of a number of hc players.

Unfortunately, the point is sorta moot now because he is now nerfed and is a lot weaker. It was a bit too much and could have been avoided by changing his location.

I actually haven't gone after the Act 1 Keywarden since I haven't gone to Act 1 for a long time, but from what everyone was complaining about, Act 3's was much worse.

On the other hand, MP makes Normal-Hell mode much more relevant.
Quote:I've gathered up enough mats to try the Infernal Machine once. Killed off Siegebreaker and Zultan Kuhl on MP4 solo. It was interesting but not something I am going to go out of my way to farm massive keys. The legendary ring is something I will eventually want to get but I don't see it as something I NEED, and it didn't seem like the other drops from these bosses were any greater than normal act bosses. If anyone is interested in getting together a group to kill these things occasionally I could be convinced to participate however.

Interesting article on farming efficiency:

http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/showt...or-Farming

I have run the infernal machine once, but was not rewarded with any organs. I would be interested in joining in as well-although I currently have no LL players on my friends list, so be warned. My monk can tank normally at about MP6-but does little damage. For the machine event I'd probably have to decrease down to MP4 or 5. I currently have a full set of keys and am building up another. I play most weeknights from 9PM to midnight Eastern.
Battletag: Aahzmadius#1570

B.net profile: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Aahzm...570/career
Yea, this kind of stuff is too tedious to farm outside of a group. If you have them dropping stuff for 3-4 people, then you'll get more keys.

Act 1 farming is particularly boring. I never liked Fields of Misery to begin with.