Something you may not realise
I only realised this the other day, but the DPS value in your character screen is actually calculated not only on your base damage, but also on your crit%s (if you have 100% crit chance your DPS will be effectively your base DPS + your crit damage% increase).

That is all.
Disarm you with a smile Smile
(06-29-2012, 12:31 PM)smegged Wrote: I only realised this the other day, but the DPS value in your character screen is actually calculated not only on your base damage, but also on your crit%s (if you have 100% crit chance your DPS will be effectively your base DPS + your crit damage% increase).

That is all.

Yes, it takes into account everything except the bonuses due to your active skills. It will take into account more passive skills like Glass Cannon, Sparkflint, and Magic Weapon -- although for some reason despite multiple bug reports on the subject, they still haven't fixed the issue of Magic Weapon being applied twice on the character screen, which makes Wizards think they are getting a larger benefit from Magic Weapon than they really are getting.
I thought they did fix magic weapon display. I saw a bunch of complaints about it when they changed IAS.

http://www.diablofans.com/blizz-tracker/...of-things/
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
(06-29-2012, 08:03 PM)Concillian Wrote: I thought they did fix magic weapon display. I saw a bunch of complaints about it when they changed IAS.

http://www.diablofans.com/blizz-tracker/...of-things/

Oh, nice! I didn't see it listed in the patch notes and I double checked that it hadn't been fixed under previous patches, so this is nice to see. I guess I didn't check it after 1.0.3. Silly me for relying only on patch notes.
It wasn't in the 1.0.3 patch notes initially. They added it to the online patch notes after that blue post.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
The issue I mainly have with this is that the passive DH skill which increases your crit% over time ends up mis-reporting your actual DPS.
Disarm you with a smile Smile
(07-01-2012, 05:18 AM)smegged Wrote: The issue I mainly have with this is that the passive DH skill which increases your crit% over time ends up mis-reporting your actual DPS.

In what way?
Roland *The Gunslinger*
It reports your DPS as if you had a permanent 100% crit chance. That is not what the skill does, so the numbers are heavily skewed WAY above what they really are.
May the wind pick up your heels and your sword strike true.