LL D3 Tourney
hI;

(06-27-2012, 05:43 PM)MongoJerry Wrote: One of the key benefits of split is the extra Prodigy procs. Every piece of a magic missle split that hits something will proc the +4 AP

Ah, I didn't know that - thanks! I've just swapped out Prodigy for something else, but maybe I should reconsider this.

@MonTy, no vendors means no gem combining, right? Are we allowed to extract gems, or is that off the table as well?

-Kylearan
There are two kinds of fools. One says, "This is old, and therefore good." And one says, "This is new, and therefore better." - John Brunner, The Shockwave Rider
(06-27-2012, 07:17 PM)Kylearan Wrote: @MonTy, no vendors means no gem combining, right? Are we allowed to extract gems, or is that off the table as well?
You're not allowed to even look at those artisans or vendors :P No gem combining or extracting. I thought about retracting that rule for jeweler use, but I've said it earlier so I'm not a fan of changing existing rules too often.
Hi,

(06-27-2012, 07:20 PM)MonTy Wrote:
(06-27-2012, 07:17 PM)Kylearan Wrote: @MonTy, no vendors means no gem combining, right? Are we allowed to extract gems, or is that off the table as well?
You're not allowed to even look at those artisans or vendors Tongue No gem combining or extracting.

Alright, thanks for the quick reply. I'll only extract gems when I sell an item then, so that the gem can at least go to my other hardcore characters and won't be wasted. (Of course I do all my selling and repairing without looking at the merchant! :p)

-Kylearan
There are two kinds of fools. One says, "This is old, and therefore good." And one says, "This is new, and therefore better." - John Brunner, The Shockwave Rider
Well Kampjonat has finished Act III, hit L30 and is at 12 hours 22 minutes played. I've not been playing too quickly, I have broken the habit of having to pick up all the gold, but I have not stopped myself from picking up every blue even ones I can't equip, so I do end up selling them. With tomorrow bumping the limit up to 20 hours I'm not sure I'm actually going to get caught up to the time limit anytime soon.

My wizard and witch doctor are sitting at 5 and a half and 4 hours each and I do still want to do more on them, but well I like monks. Even if I do always get them killed in the 40's and 50's. Smile
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Melee Wizard, Act 3 Normal. The beginning of the Act started off fairly easy, but as I moved on I got no decent upgrades at all. Each section was notably harder than the rest. When I got to the area with Herald of Pestilence, I was using a health potion every time I fought them. Not exactly the most efficient way to proceed! I was still skirting by with Diamond Skin in my final spell slot, as I was 28 with Archon being my Mastery skill. I dinged 29 at the end of this area, and thought *phew, at least I got through it with Diamond Skin still up*.

Then I walked into the Siegebreaker territory, and found this. What's not shown is the normal Fallen elite that is also Jailer, leading to 4 separate jailer cooldowns.

On the bright side, I ended up with exactly 11,000 monsters slain. And now I'm down to 10 hour a week commitment! Time to catch the Monk and DH up (in truth, I was playing the Wizard more cause I saw the end was near and wanted to get it over with).
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
After updating the player ranking, I see Chesspiece_face extended his lead by leveling his demon hunter to 38. Some of his gear is damn impressive.

Gnollguy is currently second with his level 35 Monk, Kampjonat. Who is sporting boots that we should all be jelous of.

Last impressive item spec I saw was Quark's Monk who is currently level 26 and sporting this beauty. That's an awesome socketed weapon for that low of a level requirement.

I've been completely immersed in progressing my other non-tourney Hardcore characters, but I'll be sure to join in again soon and retake the lead ;)
(07-02-2012, 03:17 AM)MonTy Wrote: After updating the player ranking, I see Chesspiece_face extended his lead by leveling his demon hunter to 38. Some of his gear is damn impressive.

The crossbow and shield are both recent acquires with the crossbow being a *HUGE* get. The +LoH is insane at the point I am at and I have yet to socket anything into it for fear of getting buyers remorse the second I do. I could do a simple damage add but I'm not sure if I have any flawless rubies at the moment. +Crit damage is an option as I have +crit with the Archery bonus and am always looking to boost that. Or I could add even more LoH with an amethyist. At the moment things are going smoothly so I think I'm going to leave it empty until I feel something is needed (or I get lucky again with a bigger upgrade).

I have to admit to a devious feeling of satisfication when selling all the great gear that my character can't use and thinking of all the other characters in the Tourney that would cry seeing them go. Mua MuaHAHAHAHAHhahaha.
(07-02-2012, 03:17 AM)MonTy Wrote: Last impressive item spec I saw was Quark's Monk who is currently level 26 and sporting this beauty. That's an awesome socketed weapon for that low of a level requirement.

When I saw the item drop, I was happy. When a Flawed Ruby dropped minutes later, I was ecstatic. My Monk's DPS already beats my dead Wizard's, being about half an act behind.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
That reminds me. Is using the jewler to combine the gems (and pages) your toon has found allowed? This should be clarified in the OP.
No jeweler. I'll update the main post.
(07-02-2012, 03:17 AM)MonTy Wrote: Gnollguy is currently second with his level 35 Monk, Kampjonat. Who is sporting boots that we should all be jelous of.

Not anymore. Death via lag spike just a few minutes ago.

Ran into
[Image: AvDhOl.jpg]

and then next thing I know I'm looking at this
[Image: PdLgsl.jpg]

Ah well.

Edit: Hmm img tags aren't working Oh well have links.
Edit2: Ah nope I had stripped the .jpg extensions off somehow and didn't realize it.
Edit3: Oh I never resized those are huge, back to links. Smile
Edit4: Back to inserts. I fail at using imgur, but at least I learned. Smile
---
(07-03-2012, 12:19 AM)Gnollguy Wrote: Death via lag spike just a few minutes ago.

Ouch! Dying to lag is not fun. Sad
(07-03-2012, 07:15 AM)Kylearan Wrote:
(07-03-2012, 12:19 AM)Gnollguy Wrote: Death via lag spike just a few minutes ago.

Ouch! Dying to lag is not fun. Sad

It's actually the first time it's happened to me in D3 too. I think I'm up to around 200 hours played across all my toons, I haven't added it up recently but that's my guess. Normally I run with about 60 +/- 20 latency by their meter.
---
My barb almost died there in normal mode due to a similar lag burst. I'd probably have been dead if it was nightmare. (Maybe I should play her some more to find out. :p )
And with that, my DH dies at Level 14. Not enough DPS when taking on the Crumbling Tower quest. The mobs hit too hard, and I couldn't maintain range.

I'm out! Smile
(07-04-2012, 01:37 AM)Pesmerga Wrote: Not enough DPS when taking on the Crumbling Tower quest.

This brings up another point... the collapse of the crumbling vault doesn't actually kill hardcore characters, does it? What does that mean for this tourney? What does it mean for full-clearing the zone when you have a time limit?
(07-04-2012, 02:28 AM)FoxBat Wrote: This brings up another point... the collapse of the crumbling vault doesn't actually kill hardcore characters, does it? What does that mean for this tourney? What does it mean for full-clearing the zone when you have a time limit?

It does not kill hard core characters. There is actually an exit stone after the treasure room portal which allows you to exit. I'm not sure if it boots you out after the time limit or if it just shuts down the treasure room and you cannot access it. If it is the later, my feeling is that for the tournament players that get this event rolled should have the option to skip content and mob kills to go straight for the treasure room. As a player you are weighing the risk of rushing past stuff in the hopes of gaining extra gear which may benefit you. By taking that option you miss out on lots of experience that could be gained by giving up on the treasure room and just clearing the first floor. Vice versa if you don't risk it for the treasure you may gain more xp but lose out on extra treasure.
(07-04-2012, 05:50 AM)Chesspiece_face Wrote: my feeling is that for the tournament players that get this event rolled should have the option to skip content and mob kills to go straight for the treasure room. As a player you are weighing the risk of rushing past stuff in the hopes of gaining extra gear which may benefit you.

Agreed, if you make it to the treasure room then go ahead and take the portal. It does not boot you out of the level if you fail the mission, so you can still clear the level if you do not reach the room in time.
Just finished up Week 5 with a good bit of room to spare:

[Image: n5gUk.jpg]

Like the last few weeks there is no chance of me full clearing to the next safe checkpoint in the remaining time, so it's getting banked until next week.

Not so many exceptional item drops this week, but I've locked in all of my skills and runes except Boomerang. I was sad to see the base Rain of Vengeance go. I had really grown attatched to it. I've not yet used Stampede in a combat situation, but the graphic on it looks like it may be a bit annoying. I have a feeling the farther I get the more I will enjoy it, but for now I'd prefer the added damage of basic RoV over any utility Stampede offers.

Still smooth sailing this week. In fact the only threat that has popped up is the lag threat. Ugh. Love watching my health start dropping for no reason followed by my character jumping all over the screen like a game show.

DaDaDaDaDaDaDaDa. Da. Da.. Da... Da "Congratulations! You've landed on: Desecration!"
(07-04-2012, 05:50 AM)Chesspiece_face Wrote: If it is the later, my feeling is that for the tournament players that get this event rolled should have the option to skip content and mob kills to go straight for the treasure room. As a player you are weighing the risk of rushing past stuff in the hopes of gaining extra gear which may benefit you. By taking that option you miss out on lots of experience that could be gained by giving up on the treasure room and just clearing the first floor.

Or you can be like me an overconfident, go for the treasure, and get yourself killed in the process (bye bye level 40 monk, my best shot at this tourney). Dumb, dumb, dumb. Considering I found two packs in the process, I probably would have been better off just fighting and ignoring the time limit.

What's sad is my monk had escape tools - but I burned all my spirit getting in and couldn't use it to get back out.

We'll see if I can catch up the DH, it was the furthest behind because it had no survivability. Uhoh.