Let us compile a list of D3 annoyances.
I've seen some very good criticisms with D3 in this forum. The ability to use "Elective Mode" really should be made more prominent (maybe someone can make a "Tips and tricks about D3" thread?). MongoJerry has a decent beef about keybinding "Move".

I'm not looking to bash D3 here - it's been a very fun game for me so far - but I think Blizzard can tweak a few things to make it better.

I'll start us off:

- I find it hard to see when my abilities come off of cooldown. With a fast-paced game like Diablo 3, one cannot be staring at action buttons to see when you can next use a healing potion. Put a graphical notice somewhere more visible.

- Alt-tabbing toggles seeing items on the ground. This is a minor beef (and a totally reasonable thing for D3 to do because of how Alt works), but how hard would it to be to make Alt toggle stuff on "keypress up unless TAB or ESC are also selected"? Keep in mind I am not a computertician.

- I want the ability to toggle off my Follower's banter. I like hearing new stuff, but when he starts repeating things I get a huge "HEY! LISTEN!" Ocarina of Time twitch.

- Skill set profiles!
(05-19-2012, 02:34 AM)DeeBye Wrote: - Alt-tabbing toggles seeing items on the ground. This is a minor beef (and a totally reasonable thing for D3 to do because of how Alt works), but how hard would it to be to make Alt toggle stuff on "keypress up unless TAB or ESC are also selected"? Keep in mind I am not a computertician.
I simply bound that function to Mouse4. Might need to revisit it if I ever decide to bind Move, though.

On a related note: no /nopickup, no filter for white/grey items. Either feature has been in other games for literally years, why are they missing in D3?
And the days are not full enough
And the nights are not full enough
And life slips by like a field mouse
____________.Not shaking the grass.
-- Ezra Pound, "And the days are not full enough"
Those are good, at the moment I don't have many more myself. Color nameplate for gems on the ground. Purple? Smile
I generally do not mind the follower banter, even repeats, but *three gold drop* ``What a haul!'' sounds like he is taking the mickey out of me.

My bugbear is the inventory. When you put an item where another item is currently sitting, the items swap places. In every other RPG I have ever played, doing this puts the item you moved down and *picks up* the item you displaced.

Agree with cooldown issue, and the same for spells with a duration. They need to be more visible, without question.
May the wind pick up your heels and your sword strike true.
(05-19-2012, 02:34 AM)DeeBye Wrote: - Alt-tabbing toggles seeing items on the ground. This is a minor beef (and a totally reasonable thing for D3 to do because of how Alt works), but how hard would it to be to make Alt toggle stuff on "keypress up unless TAB or ESC are also selected"? Keep in mind I am not a computertician.

Also, if you want to compare a ring to what you're wearing hitting ALT shows the second ring but also toggles the show on ground. Just show us both rings when we mouseover without the extra keypress.

Also, I mentioned this elsewhere - The toon seems too far up on the screen for my liking. I prefer to have more space for what tends to be in front of my toon. It also forces me to hold my head bent up more causing discomfort for extended sessions.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."

There is a drop down in the settings for how this key works. I have changed it to "push to show for 10 seconds"

when you hit alt, it shows items on the ground for 10 seconds, then they fade away. It's a pretty nice way to set it up.
There is also "push to show" so they only show when you press Alt.

When I set it to push to show for 10 seconds, it also seems to show item labels for 10 seconds after they drop too, so you only rarely have to press the key.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
The music is not memorable except for the end act IV theme(which is great I think!). I think I remember reading a dev or community manager say the music was meant to be more like mood music and to not take your attention away from the sound effects of slicing baddies across the screen. I do appreciate this perspective a little but I wish they would have added some better tracks in too. Also there's a short slice of music that plays on repeat constantly in the cathedral levels in act I. It returns in some of the dungeons in act II too which drives me crazy. I guess the testers played the game with the music off, and I will too now!

The inventory icon in the lower right hand corner of the screen blinks incessantly! EVERY TIME you pick up an item without looking at it in your inventory the blinking starts.

I can only put items with maximum durability on the AH but there is no way to repair an item unless I go into the game. Small complaint but it gets annoying to move an item from your stash, go repair, go put it back in stash then log out to the AH and put it up. How hard would it be to add a button to repair an item in the AH interface?

You can't search for +damage on rings in the AH.

The item text color for gems, blacksmithing/jem pages are white which makes them easy to overlook with lots of non magical items on the ground.

I wish the info telling you what new abilities/runes you have gained from leveling would show up in the chat log. Sometimes I gain 4 abilities or level in a big fight and forget what I just gained.

I dislike how little rage my barbarian gets from his rage generators. I feel like I'm using cleave/bash/frenzy 70% of the time which isn't exactly exciting. There's so many interesting new abilities in D3 but I'm stuck cleaving all the time to build rage!

RE: removing the follower banter: Would it be possible to pass the bnet patcher with a modified sound.mpq file with the banters removed? I'm sick of them too, although I do like the banter that warns me of a champion/rare pack coming.

RE: alt tabbing. Have you tried the option to have alt only highlight items for 10 seconds? I switched to that option at the start of the game and have been very happy with it.
-Ell_man
The "jailor" ability of certain monsters!! I can deal with the Waller, high life, frost explosions, and even "faster" monsters to an extent, but the jailor packs which totally immobilize you are a PAIN in the arse, especially if you are a ranged class and kiting is your main offense as well as defense.
https://www.youtube.com/user/FireIceTalon

"Your very ideas are but the outgrowth of conditions of your bourgeois production and bourgeois property, just as your jurisprudence is but the will of your class, made into law for all, a will whose essential character and direction are determined by the economic conditions of the existence of your class." - Marx (addressing the bourgeois)
"Hide head slot"

Why is this not in this Blizzard game? They've known for years that folks don't like their cruddy helm 'art'.

Yes, I know that I can pay 360g/helm upgrade and make it go away, but I think it's rather ridiculous that it's not simply a feature in the game.
~Not all who wander are lost...~
Aside from a few things mentioned already, a way to compare items with gear your followers have equipped would be a godsend.
Sound in background. I do a lot of alt-tabbing and I really wish the sound would keep playing while I did so.
(05-19-2012, 04:34 AM)Concillian Wrote: When I set it to push to show for 10 seconds, it also seems to show item labels for 10 seconds after they drop too, so you only rarely have to press the key.

This is a separate checkbox (Always Show Item Labels On Drop).

I use the 10 seconds setting also. It means I rarely press the key, or should, but my D2 habits are still so strong my hand keeps going for the Alt key anyway.
(05-19-2012, 01:44 PM)vor_lord Wrote:
(05-19-2012, 04:34 AM)Concillian Wrote: When I set it to push to show for 10 seconds, it also seems to show item labels for 10 seconds after they drop too, so you only rarely have to press the key.

This is a separate checkbox (Always Show Item Labels On Drop).

I use the 10 seconds setting also. It means I rarely press the key, or should, but my D2 habits are still so strong my hand keeps going for the Alt key anyway.

10 second setting for me as well, but since the loot glows different colors on the floor, I don't hit the key nearly as much as I did in D2. If I see a blue glow, I hit the button. If there's still a yellowish glow after I run over it, I hit the button to see what rare dropped. I don't know what color legendaries glow because I haven't seen one yet since I'm not Roland. Wink And I automatically click on anything that looks like a book on the ground. =) I never thought I'd get away from the habitual alt pressing and certainly never this quickly.
Intolerant monkey.
I miss Weapon Swap.

I liked having my dual wield setup quickly replaceable with my sword and board configuration.
~Not all who wander are lost...~
This isn't such a big deal now having heard the main share of dialogue, but I found it quite irritating how dialogues would interrupt and overwrite each other. You'd be listening to a lore entry, and then suddenly your follower would start talking and the lore would end. I've had to restart some lore books two or three times due to how frequently this can happen. Or, your follower would start some banter, and then it would be interrupted by the same follower commenting on some quest trigger you just tripped. Blizzard crammed so much incidential lore in this game without putting in some kind of scheduling or queueing for how it is delivered.
I'm now not able to log back in. I completed Act III watched the video then got dropped. Haven't been able to log back in. It's not the account I can log into SC2, it's D3 specific. This ties into not having a true single player setting, but honestly that doesn't bother me too much because I've been playing this toon with other folks off and on and with the RMAH I understand it. I'm just griping a bit that I'm going to be calling them about this shortly.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
I have had a lot of issues with logging in as well as seemingly random disconnects. It is by far my greatest gripe with the game as it stands.
Earthen Ring-EU:
Taelas -- 60 Human Protection Warrior; Shaleen -- 52 Human Retribution Paladin; Raethal -- 51 Worgen Guardian Druid; Szar -- 50 Human Fire Mage; Caethan -- 60 Human Blood Death Knight; Danee -- 41 Human Outlaw Rogue; Ainsleigh -- 52 Dark Iron Dwarf Fury Warrior; Mihena -- 44 Void Elf Affliction Warlock; Chiyan -- 41 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk; Threkk -- 40 Orc Fury Warrior; Alliera -- 41 Night Elf Havoc Demon Hunter;
Darkmoon Faire-EU:
Sieon -- 45 Blood Elf Retribution Paladin; Kuaryo -- 51 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk
(05-19-2012, 05:33 PM)Gnollguy Wrote: I'm now not able to log back in. I completed Act III watched the video then got dropped. Haven't been able to log back in. It's not the account I can log into SC2, it's D3 specific. This ties into not having a true single player setting, but honestly that doesn't bother me too much because I've been playing this toon with other folks off and on and with the RMAH I understand it. I'm just griping a bit that I'm going to be calling them about this shortly.

I actually ended up calling Blizzard and they removed then reattached my authenticator and the log int worked again. I'm very confused that I could still log into SC2 (and I'm guessing WoW but I didn't try) but not D3. It was odd.
---
A blue post on their forums mentioned some people having issues, and changing the b.net password cleared it up. It wasn't a password issue, it's that their account details were out of sync and a password change forced a refresh for all the information. Maybe a similar thing?
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
(05-20-2012, 12:15 AM)Quark Wrote: A blue post on their forums mentioned some people having issues, and changing the b.net password cleared it up. It wasn't a password issue, it's that their account details were out of sync and a password change forced a refresh for all the information. Maybe a similar thing?

Hmmm may have been and if I run into it again I will keep that mind. Thanks for the info.
---